Status: Finished!

Bet You Didn't Expect It

Running Out of Tears.

I sat in a small room in an uncomfortable chair beside my sister's bed. My head was on the bed, and our hands were joined. How could someone do such a thing, to such a small child. This was all my fault, I should have never left. My phone buzzed in my pocket, I looked at it.

1 New Text Message from:9286930284 An unknown number. I opened the text.

"Is everything okay?" It said. I knew immediatley it was John. I sighed. How did he ever get my number? He must of snuck it when he told me I had a cool phone and he wanted to see it, at the ice cream parlor. I replied back to the text.

Honestly, no. I wish I could tell you, but I don't need you involved. I'm sorry

I wanted so bad just to talk to John. To spill my guts out to him. But I couldn't do that. My dad would kill me. Literally. He's not even a dad, more like a monster. Ever since Mom died, it's been like this. Do this, otherwise, you get a beating. Every morning, he tells the neighbors he's going to work, when he's really going to a bar. He doesn't have a job. Where does he get the money to support us? Gambling. He comes home every night, usually by 5. He asks for dinner to be done, checks that I've done everything right, if I have, I'm dismissed to my room. If not, he hits me. Then he proceeds to sleep all night, and through the morning, and like I said, when he bother to gets up, he goes to the bar. I was so sick of this. I needed someone there.

Soon my eyes started to lose vision, and I was lost in my dreams. I was in our kitchen, I turned there to see my mother, slaving over the oven just like she used to. She turned to me.

"Hi, baby girl" she started, she came over and stroked my cheeks. "Look at you, so beautiful, so tall" she admired me.

"Hi Mom" I replied giving her a weak smile.

"Don't think I haven't seen what your fathers done to you girls. It's gone way too far. I know I'm a little late. But I want you to get help as soon as you can baby girl. Do all that you can do, you don't deserve to be treated like that. I really wish I could do something myself. That's why I need you to do the work for me. And that boy, oh that boy" she told me.

"John"

"Let John in, tell him, he may be able to help you Breanne Bailey. Don't be scared. Be fearless sweetie. Get rid of that monster" she encouraged me and pulled me into a hug.

"I promise Mom" I told her.

"I have to go Breanne Bailey. Just trust me" she told me, and soon faded away. Tears rolled down my cheeks. Beep, beep, beep, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP


My eyes shot open to reality and Amy's meter was going faster. "Amy!" I called, hoping for her to wake up. "Help! Help!" I called out the door. Doctors and nurses came rushing in, and pushed me out. Once again, tears formed in my eyes. I walked out to the waiting room.

Hours later, Dr. Samberger came out. "Amy O'Connor" she called. I stood up. "Well, Ms. O'Connor. I'm sorry, we tried everything we could to keep Amy alive, she has about an hour to live. We ask that you say goodbye to her now while she's still alive, and then we will pull the plug" she informed me. I nodded, and just when I thought I had run out of tears.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading! Sub and comment! I appreciate feedback!