Status: Finished!

Bet You Didn't Expect It

Shouting And Sirens.

"Oh Ames" I started, tears rolling down my cheeks. "I should've never left, I'm so, so sorry I let him hurt you. If I would've been there, I could have taken it for you. I had a dream about mom. I made her a promise that I'd tell someone. Should I tell John, Amy? I know you probably can't hear this, but I really wish you could. I hope you'll be waiting in my dreams. I love you, forever. You and me Ames"

I could just hear her replying. "You and me Anny" she would say.

"It's time" the doctor said. I nodded, wiping the tears from my face with the sleeve of my sweater. And in a minute, the slow beeps, that indicated she was alive, went from nothing at all, indicating that she was no longer with us. "I'm sorry it had to end this way" the doctor told me.

"Uh, thanks" I said. I picked my bag up, and walked down the hall. Still trying to process that Amy was gone. Without Amy and Mom, there was only one more hope for happiness in my life. John

&

My eyes popped open, hearing the sounds of shouting and sirens outside my house. I slipped on my sweater, and rushed downstairs in bare feet. As soon as I opened the door, I saw police officers scattered across the front lawn and my father in cuffs, screaming for the cops to let him go.

Here we go.

"Are you..." the police woman started, then looked down at the papers gripped in her hands. "Breanne O'Connor?"

I just nodded my head.

"Could you take that sweater off for me Ms. O'Connor?" she asked. I sighed, and slipped it off, revealing my bruised my arms. I was wearing only a tank top. She came over, with shock on her face. She stroked the gently, still they hurt as much as they did when I gotten them.

"Ms. O'Connor, is it true that your father, Tom O'Connor, murdered your sister, by beating her to the death?" she asked. I just nodded.

"Everything will be okay sweetie, there will be no doubt he's gonna be locked up for a long time" she told me, giving me a weak smile. I returned it, and as she walked away, I saw a tall figure standing at the end of the driveway with their arms crossed over their chest. I cocked my eyebrow, and walked over.

"John?" I asked.

"Oh my god. Breanne? D-Did he-" he stuttered.

"Beat me" I whispered as I watched my father be thrown into the police car.

"I am so sorry" he said wrapping his long arms around me. I nuzzled my head into his chest and started to cry. "Now I know why you've been distant. Why didn't you tell me. I could've stopped this?"

"If I told you, he would've hurt me more, John"

"No, I would've put the guy in jail"

"So what are you doing here at this time?" I asked.

"It was so loud over here, it woke the whole family up. I live a couple houses down. So I came over here to check it out." he explained. I nodded. "Do you have anywhere to stay?" he asked. I shook my head no. "Come on" he said tugging on my hand.

"John, no. I don't want you and your family to get dragged into my problems" I argued.

"Anny, it's fine. My parents are generous people, I know they'll let you stay. You only live 2 houses down anyways" he chuckled.

"It's really not funny" I scoffed.

"Sorry" he said. He opened the door, and led me in. Who I guessed were his parents came over. They took a good look at me and gasped. I shied away.

"You poor thing" his mother finally spoke. "Let's get you cleaned up. You can stay here as long as you like! What happened to her John?!"

"Well, once she tells me the story, I'll know" John shrugged.

"Come on, let's get you upstairs. You can take a nice hot shower, I'll give you a fresh pair of clothes, and show you to the guest room!" Mrs. O'Callaghan smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading, sorry for the delay. I hoped you like it! And I appreciate feedback! :]