If I Woke Up Next To You

Dawn

So this is what it feels like to be alive? This horrid light burning into my face casting a glow on my skin? To feel pain? Or just until I'm unconscious again?

I thought this over after I had wearily opened my eyes to reveal that I hadn't woken up screaming as I have been for the past four months. Shocker. Literally, I was jumpy all day and dazed. No,...numb. For once, all I thought about was his eyes and nothing else. Not my depression, my father, distant friends, lovesick mother, or emotional post-traumatic stress. Just...him.

So basically blind all day, I hadn't exactly kept time, just went on mechanically through my normal tasks. So I found it quite unnerving when it was already nine and I sat in front of the television. I guess then it hit me. I glanced around and was in awe. When did I choose this outfit? What did we even have for dinner? Lunch? Breakfast? How did my homework get done so quickly? And when did I start watching Survivor? It was all too wierd. Somewhere between my realization and ten o'clock, I went to bed. The moment my face hit the pillow, I was out, and I was walking around in the dark. Soon enough I heard something behind me in the woods that surrounded the open space I was stumbling in, I jerked my head around searching for whatever made the sound, suddenly something was crouched in front of me, and growling. It looked like a man, only more...frightnening, not...human. I bolted the other direction, but he came up in front of me again blocking my every way with his sinister smile and destructive body, he was everywhere. I tried the other way, but he followed every move. I was trapped.

He stopped when I did, maybe a few feet away. He flashed his teeth that shone through the shadows, his face was smug and ready to pounce. I could almost hear my chest tighten with fear, unwilling to let the air in. I tried my hardest to escape, but he lounged forward. But something flashed between us, a blur and they were conjoined. Everything froze. He would have had me. Right there, he was going for the kill. He had me. Nothing should have stopped him.

I managed to take a step backwards, half-heartedly away from the brawl that lay before me. They looked like two ghosts dancing in a blanket of black, only flickers of moonlight casted on their shoulders.

In less than a minute, they stopped. From the looks of it, my attacker was in a heap on the ground as my saviour untangled himself from the limp figure. The heap quivered, and in a milesecond, was gone. The other one turned to me.

Suddenly, light broke through the midnight wake and the dark space turned into a beautiful, sunny, flower filled, meadow. What was most intresting, though, was the thing that stood breathing heavily in the middle of it. It was him. They guy from before, only this time I could see him. He was tall, skinny, with long, caramel-colored hair that hung in his face, and those bluish-green eyes.He was about sixteen, maybe. I stood in awe. My mouth hung open, and I couldn't breathe again. He was beautiful. Something my imagination could never have put together. He looked exhausted, but didn't act it. Within a second he was by my side and begging me to tell him I was okay. No... pleading. His voice was as smooth as a breeze fluttering past your face, it hurt me that something that melodious could be filled with such worry and anxiousness. I couldn't breathe let alone speak.

"Lauren...please tell me you are alright. Did he touch you at all? Are you hurt?" he began to search over my arms looking for bruises. His skin was like satin. "H-how do you know my name?" I managed to whimper, my chest was still tight, careful not to let me inhale. He simply smiled looking up at me, "I gotta go, see you soon." he said then turned and dissapeared.