Status: Complete

In the End

In the End

It starts with-
One thing… I don’t know why
It doesn’t even matter how hard you try


It always seemed to begin with a single event, at least, with me it did. I bought my first car, an old beat up Camaro with black racing stripes. I suppose it was authentic, in a way.

When I first sat in it, I knew there was something special about that car; like I shouldn't buy anything else, even though I failed to pay attention to the way the seat tightened as I sat in it, as if like a greeting hug. Little did I know at the time, that buying that one particular car would change my life. If it was for better or for worse, I still don’t know.

Keep that in mind…I designed this rhyme
To explain in due time.
All I know…
Time is a valuable thing,
Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings
Watch it count down to the end of the day


Two years, it’s been two years since that battle in Mission City. Two years since I first found out my car was an alien robot from a distant planet. Two years since I took down Megatron, the Decepticon leader, the ultimate threat to the world. He was gone for good, the human race was saved.

At least, that’s what we all thought.

The clock ticks life away
It’s so unreal
Didn’t look out below
Watch the time go right out the window


It went by so fast; everything was so calm the first few years. There were little to no Decepticon attacks, although none were in the United States. Everyone agreed that since there has been no attacks anywhere near me, it would be alright for me to return to school, in other words, start college. I guess having the Government watching your back isn’t all that bad. They got me into Princeton, which I probably would never have been able to get into on my own.

Though the hardest thing about going away to college was saying goodbye to 'Bee.

Bumblebee… my first car… my guardian… my best friend. College freshmen weren’t allowed to have cars. I was extremely reluctant, and I hated to break the news to him, but I had no choice.

Who knew that not bringing him along would almost kill me?

Trying to hold on, but didn’t even know
Wasted it all just to
Watch you go


I could imagine all the thoughts that would be going through his head.

‘Was I not good enough? Did I waste everything, all my time just to let Sam go off to some college? Does he think of me as just his mode of transportation?’

I really, really hoped that’s not what he would think.

I kept everything inside and even though I tried- it all fell apart
What it meant to me- will eventually- be a memory- of a time when I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter


I knew something was wrong the minute I saw Bumblebee parked on top of the bushes outside of the main building of the college.

I thought they said going to college would be a good experience?

I didn’t know being attacked by a girl that’s really a "pretender," as Optimus called it, was a "good" experience. Being chased across the country by giant evil alien robots, being warped all the way to Egypt, and discovering an ancient tomb and saving the world, again, counted as a good experience? More like a traumatizing one.

Let me tell you, warping? Not the best way to travel.

I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn't even matter


When Optimus died, I didn't know what to do; I thought my world had shattered right then and there. Before he fell, he told me to run. As much as I didn't want to, I suppose that I had to respect his last wish. I also had to run for my life. At least I wasn't holding some all-powerful cube thingy.

One thing / I don’t know why
It doesn’t even matter how hard you try
Keep that in mind / I designed this rhyme
To remind myself how
I tried so hard


I found this ancient alien artifact, the Matrix of Leadership. This was what the Decepticons were all after, this was what the Fallen was after. Jetfire told me that this Matrix would help to revive Optimus. I started to gain more hope, and I reached for the silver object. When I touched it, there was so much divine power that I almost dropped it. I held it in my hand for mere moments before it crumbled into dust, years of isolation taking its toll on the metallic object. I panicked, throwing the dust into a sock. I wouldn't give up this chance to save Optimus, no way.

In spite of the way you were mocking me
Acting like I was part of your property
Remembering all the times you fought with me
I’m surprised it got so far


When Megatron called me his pet all those years ago, it sounded like he claimed me for himself. Something I absolutely hated. It took me to the edge paranoia for months, knowing Barricade was still out there, possibly wanting to kill me now, not just extract information. Heck, if the Lord of the ‘Cons wanted to keep me as a pet, I'm pretty sure some of his lackeys would take some sick pleasure in playing around with me as well.

I remember Optimus again, when I fought alongside him in Mission City. Well not really fight alongside him, more like running away while he held off Megatron. I'm surprised I even survived that day.

I'm running with Mikaela now, through the desert with the dust of the Matrix of Leadership in my sock clenched in my fist. I've already run into my parents, telling them to drive off with Bumblebee along with Mikaela, but she refused and ran with me anyway, I didn’t press any further knowing it was useless. I can see Optimus' body, about three-quarters of a mile away. I'm surprised that I've actually made it this far without getting killed.

Things aren’t the way they were before
You wouldn’t even recognize me anymore
Not that you knew me back then
But it all comes back to me
In the end


Things now are so much more different than things then. When I was just an average teenager with normal problems and had a snarky mouth which often got me into trouble.

Trent or any of his cronies probably recognize me anymore. Before we were split up, Leo told me that when he first met me, I gave off the impression of someone who's been through a lot and is slightly more intimidating. I had no idea that I gave off even the slightest bit of intimidation. I guess those years around the bots changed me a bit.

You kept everything inside and even though I tried / it all fell apart
What it meant to me / will eventually / be a memory / of a time when I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn’t even matter


I've made it to Optimus' body. I'm torn by how much damage he has, by the hole in his chest, the scratches and gashes on his blue and red armor. I absolutely hated Megatron, by how much damage he's caused to Optimus, the Autobots, to me and my family. I'm getting closer now, closer and closer and then... BAM! I'm hit by something; it was probably a missile from Starscream. I'm blown meters away from Optimus' body, I here Mikaela, Lennox and Epps call out my name.

It's getting darker, and I feel as if I'm drifting away. Mom, Dad, Mikaela, Bumblebee... Bumblebee... oh god, Bumblebee! Did he get away safely?! Are my parents safe? What about Mikaela? Oh no, Optimus! I have to get to Optimus!

I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn’t even matter


The darkness is taking over, I feel as if I'm slowly losing consciousness. I can't believe it, I've made it so far, and I’m practically feet away from reviving Optimus. And yet... here I am, unable to move, unable to speak, unable to do anything. The dark finally takes over me, and then... I am faced with the light of a bright sun. I shield my eyes until something moved in the way of the bright light to shield me. I open my eyes, and I'm face-to-face with a giant robot, five others were lingering behind him. I could only assume that they were Cybertronians, but they seemed different, but almost familiar at the same time.

Then I recognized it. Optimus. They were just like Optimus. Before they even introduced themselves I knew what they were and why they felt like Optimus Prime.

"Sam... We are of the Original Seven Primes. We have been watching you for a long, long time. You have fought for Optimus, our last descendant, with courage and sacrifice, the qualities of a leader. A leader worthy of our secret. The Matrix of Leadership cannot be found, it must be earned. Return now to Optimus. Merge the Matrix with his spark. It was, and has always been, your destiny..."

I've put my trust in you
Pushed as far as I can go
For all this
There’s only one thing you should know
I've put my trust in you
Pushed as far as I can go
For all this


I suddenly wake up, and I knew what I had to do. Whether or not I believed it, millions of years old Cybertronians have placed their trust on me, and I have to do my best to save their race. I glance at the dust collecting in my hand, watching it quickly form back into the shape I only had a glimpse to see. I stand up, and start running straight for Optimus' dead body.

There’s only one thing you should know
I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end


I don't care if he acknowledges what I did or not, he's done so much, everyone's depending on me to revive him, and I'm not about to say, "No." He's our only hope. For both Humans and Cybertronians.

It doesn’t even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn’t even matter


With one quick intake of breath, I plunge the Matrix into his chest, and watch him slowly come back online...
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, yes, I know this is another songfic, but I was bored and this idea wouldn't stop bugging me! Big thanks to Yahoo! Answers for helping me pick out a song!

I do not own Transformers or any of it's characters, rights go to Hasbro and additional companies.
I also do not own the song In The End by Linkin Park.
Thanks for reading!