Execution

009

May 27;CA

Trenton and I were curled up together, unable to move. We hadn't eaten in days, and it showed in our lack of energy. Trenton had to bring me food, because I was too weak to get it myself. I was running a fever and couldn't eat something without throwing it up. We decided to stay deep in the forest, feeding off anything edible we could find.

"Margy. Please get better."

"I'm trying, Trent. I'm trying."

"I miss ice cream, and TV. Why can't we have those things?"

How I wish I could explain to him what we were going through right now. He plopped down beside me and rested his head on my shoulder. "I'm really hungry, sissy."

Tears ran down my dirty cheeks. I was hungry too. I was tired. I looked at Trenton's face. His cheeks had hollowed in and you could see his lungs work heavily against his ribs. This was my fault. I was beaten.

I nudged him, and he opened his eyes. "What?"

"I think it's time you get some TV and ice cream."

He perked up, "Really?" I rolled over and slowely lifted myself up from the red wood tree. I would do this for him, if it was the last thing I do. He stood up and took my hand, and we walked in the direction that we came from, looking at markings we had made on the way here just three weeks ago.

It wasn't long before we made our way from the dark forest into the sunlight of civilization. The only thing in this area was a tent, a truck, and a road that showed the way back into town. It would be a long walk back to town, and I don't think I had the energy for it.

"Excuse me?" I yelled, still holding onto Trenton's hand. "Hello?"

A large man appeared from the other side of the truck. He trudged along towards us until her stood a few feet away. "What are you kids doing here?" He stepped closer to us again, and Trenton scooted behind me.

"I'm sixteen. You can't really call me a kid." I lifted my head up, trying to seem like I wasn't afraid of him. He just laughed. "What do you want from me?"

I studied his body language. He showed nothing, he was just still. Curious. "I was hoping you could give us a ride into town." He looked at his truck, then at the tent. "What do I get out of it?"

"Well I don't have any mo--"

"I don't want your damn money." He said, as he came forward yet again. I backed away, his eyes were threatening. They reminded me of Dad's when...

Before I knew it, the man had knocked me to the ground, leaving Trenton standing there, weak and defenseless. I screamed and watched as he took Trenton by the shirt threw him on the ground. He screamed as something cracked from under him. The man kicked him in the head, knocking him unconcious. The gash from the impact started to bleed, and he continued to beat my brother.

"Please stop! I'll do anything!"

He stopped and left Trenton there, turning to me. I looked up at him. "Anything. Please, stop hurting him."

The man looked disgusted at Trenton, then over at me. "Fine. But I don't want to hear anything from you." He lifted me up and carried me into his tent.

I stared up at the blue, triangular top of the tent as the man undid the buttons of my pants and roughly pulled them off of my skinny legs. He then ripped my shirt off and stared at my naked body.

"This will definatly hurt."

I clenched my teeth as he undid his pants, pinned my hips down, and invaded me. He placed his hand over my mouth to stifle my screams and whimpering, and continued to work over me. The anger in his eyes turned to greed, as he worked harder, rougher. My weak body could barely take it, and I wanted nothing more than to let go right then. But Trenton was outside, waiting for me to take him back to where he belonged. So I bit my tongue and continued to endure the long, uncomfortable task of paying for our ride home.