Clairvoyant Disease

4.0

Jane sat down and she could see Cory’s eyebrows furrowing together. She looked up at Jane and Jane only smirked at her. “Was that?” Cory asked.

“Yeap,” Jane said bobbing her head in the process.

“But...How...what...where...who?” Cory started to almost hyperventilate.

“What’s wrong with her?” D asked.

“That...was...Avenged....Sevenfold....” Cory said between deep breaths.

“The emo band?” Paula asked.

“They’re not emo,” Jane said automatically, she knew the only reason they received the nickname of emo band was to get on Jane’s nerves, and for some reason it worked like clockwork.

Someone went up on stage and they sounded terrible but they were trying, Jane had to admit the first time she ever went up there, she had been so nervous, but now it felt natural. It felt like that was where she was meant to be.

Jane looked back without even realizing and saw Brian staring at her, with anger in his eyes. So she finished her drink and went up to the bar, “Matt, you have to pay up,” Jane said catching his attention.

“Really, you were serious?” Matt asked almost whined.

“Yeah, dead serious, I don’t kid around when it comes to singing,” Jane gave him a wink, and he started talking to Jimmy about going up there with him. Johnny had disappeared somewhere talking on the phone.

“So you knew who we were.” Brian was so close to Jane it made her shiver.

“How do you figure that?” Jane turned to him and looked into his eyes.

“Your tattoo,” he looked behind her as if he wanted to look at it.

“So what?” Jane was getting hot and bothered by the way he was looking at her.

“Nothing,” Brian smirked which got under Jane’s skin even more.

“Say it, if you have something to say just say it,” Jane blood was starting to boil and she couldn’t understand why.

“How about I show you,” he moved towards her and she took a step back, “You’re afraid of me,” he stated simply.

“No,” he voice sounded steady but her insides were quivering.

“Then do this for me,” Brian spoke as he took another step towards her.

“W-what?” Jane asked.

“Dance with me,” Brian was so close to her now, the hair on the back of her neck was rising, alerting her to run.

“Sorry, I don’t dance,” Jane said ducking under his arm and going back to the table. He was left standing there, and instead of being upset he had a smile on his face.

“You ok?” D asked realizing how flushed Jane looked.

“Yeah I’m fine,” Jane responded too quickly.

“That’s bull shit,” Paula said.

“I need a smoke,” Cory came to Jane’s rescue.

“Me too,” Jane put her coat on and got her purse. They both stepped into the winter air.

“What’s going on?” Cory asked as she lit her cigarette. There was something in Jane’s eyes that worried her.

“Brian made a pass at me,” Jane said between clenched teeth remember thing feeling.

“What’s wrong with that?” Cory asked.

“Everything,” Jane answered letting herself slide along the wall, until she could rest her head on her knees.

“Because of ....” Cory said not finished her sentence.

“Yeah,” Jane answered. Johnny came from around the corner.

“JANE!!” he said off he top of his lungs.

“Johnny,” Jane yelled back.

“Aren’t you girls cold?” Johnny asked. Cory looked behind him and there stood Zacky fucking Vengeance. His eyes met hers and her insides flip flopped.

“Nah, we can handle it, what about you guys, you’re not used to this cold weather,” Jane said. “You must be Zacky, nice to meet you,” she shook his hand and he smiled at her.

“I’m Cory,” Cory introduced herself to both Johnny and Zacky. She finished her cigarette, but Jane was still puffing away at hers, since she was the slowest smoker out of the group.

“You guys go inside, I’ll be fine,” Jane said.

“I can stay with you,” Johnny offered.

“To be honest I need some time to think by myself, no offence, but when I come in we’ll have a drink,” she smiled at him and he nodded, understanding. Cory and Zacky seemed to have gotten deep into conversation.

You ok? Jane’s phone buzzed with a message from Paula, she shot her one back saying she was fine and put her phone in her purse. People were starting to form a line in front of the club so she went to the side.

“Are you following me now?” the voice touched her deep into her bones.

“Ha, don’t flatter yourself,” Jane answered back focusing on her cigarette.

“You know a girl like you, could get a hurt out here,” he got closer to her, away from the shadows.

“And a guy like you could be mistaken for a rapist, and get kicked in the balls,” Jane looked up at the sky and the flurries dancing to the ground.

“Why don’t you like me?”

“Why do you want me?” Jane asked him catching him off guard.

“I never said I did,” his words were meant to sting but Jane knew better.

“I can read body language,” Jane said.

“Well what does my body say?” He pushed himself up against her and she could feel his hardness on her leg. For a second she was ready to give in but she mentally slapped herself.

“I have to go,” Jane ran away from him and hailed down a cab, she got in before he could catch up to her, or even collect his thoughts to say her name. She texted the girls telling them she was tired and she needed to go, but tears were stinging her eyes.

She had almost let herself go back to that dark place, and that was one thing she promised herself she’d never do again.
♠ ♠ ♠
An update my sweets.