Status: In Progress

Pastries and Prejudice

“You don’t have to go through everything alone…” she whispered, placing her hand unconsciously over his. Her emerald green eyes gazed at him, soft and unwavering. It was those same eyes that he always found himself drowning in; that same hand that reached out to him all those years before.

His mind reeled, bringing him back to his past. It was a time where the Uchiha was faced with the same exact dilemma.

Before, his answer was crude rejection. He cruelly turned his back to her, dealing his problems in the only way he knew best – all by himself.

But what about now? Was he to react the same way yet again?

“Sa…Sakura…”

“Yes, Sasuke?”


Uchiha Sasuke seemed to have everything – looks, intelligence, a natural talent for business… But certainly not enough cash to keep his business afloat.

Overwhelmed with concern over the strange disappearances of his daily profits and his diminishing workers, he is forced to hire a certain someone, a girl he thought he would never see again.

Haruno Sakura has one dream – to become a doctor. Achieving such an aspiration would be easier if medical school wasn’t so expensive. Jobless and inexplicably poor, Sakura finds herself working for that one boy she can’t stand.

As fate brings these two together, sparks will fly… as well as a few other food groups.

Word Count: 12, 878 (so far)