Status: on life support

Sentenced to Hell

The Answer

Dylan’s POV

Her face was scared, but her eyes were more interested than anything else. I searched for the right words; giving this speech was always really hard and it isn’t what anyone should hear after a night like tonight. But I bet she’d like to know why I’ve been acting to weird.

“I’ll just get this over with; anyone who is sent here was cheated out of their trial and is pretty much a slave. Anyone who works here is a pedophile, rapist, or any other twisted bastard who need to unleash. Most of them are the rapists who the state wanted off the streets, but some have more real issues you see. Like schizophrenia or multiple personality disorder. They can do whatever they want to do with you, as long as they don’t kill you.”

Her battered face was completely blank; her bloodshot eyes were wide and glassy, filled with confusion and not fear like most are. She just stared in awe, not moving at all.

“So… are you going to say anything? You can ask me anything, I know a lot about this… anything at all?” She shook her head and curled up in her bed. I just left it at that; she’s had a long night and it may not have really hit her yet. After sleeping on it for a night, it might sink in.

The next morning, Finley’s POV

He was over me again, smiling and loud moans were slipping out of his lips. I was screaming, but it was a whisper compared to his sighs. I couldn’t get his away no matter how hard I tried…


“Finley, wake up!” Dylan has his hands on my shoulders and a sad look on his face.

“He was here again, he was trying to-”

“No one’s here Fin, just me. You must’ve been dreaming.” He walked to the other side of the room and sat in the corner.

“Breakfast is in about a ½ hour, so if you want to wash up a bit go ahead.”

I shakily lifted myself up off of the bed and limped over to the mirror. I looked up and didn’t recognize who was there. Both of my eyes had blue bruises around them, I had cuts everywhere; my hair was matted down with blood, and by eyes were bloodshot. I don’t know who I was looking at in the mirror, but it couldn’t have been me. I graced my hand over the bruises, and they were like hills on my skin. I had the urge to cry, but my eyes were completely dry. I stumbled away from the mirror, unable to stand what I looked like anymore.

Last night seemed like a dream, well more like a nightmare. But after that the only thing that kept me alive was shockingly Dylan. He was there, being that stable voice keeping you sane. But something more was there, and I don’t know what it is. After last night, our relationship was torn. I looked over to him; he was sulking in the corner. I wanted to ask him why he was being so nice, but after his outburst on the “why” question I felt it would be better to leave him alone. I sat in the silence staring at the bloodstains on my pillow.

Time passed quickly, and the yells from the guards and clanging of cell doors filled the room. People slowly filed out and were standing outside of their cells. Dylan got up and I followed him out. As I walked out, I felt the stares. People were whispering and pointing me out, and every one of their faces weren’t mocking, but more apologetic. Jenn and Carmen, who I met last night, were across the hall trying to talk to me. They were appalled as I saw them looking at me from head to toe, seeing what had happened last night.

I saw one of them glance over to the left and I looked; Eric was walking down the rows. He saw my expression and quickened his pace. He stopped in front of me with a small grin.

“Good morning Finley, have a nice night.” He leaned closer to me, but again Dylan surprised me and got in his way.

“Oh look at who’s getting protective.”

“What you did…”

“She told you? You know that it’s allowed; don’t get me started Taylor.” Dylan was just about to lose it, but I stopped him, for now.

“Don’t do this, not now.”

“You should listen to her Taylor; I’ll be seeing you later.” He motioned to Dylan and continued walking down the row. Dylan shot a pissed look at me and walked off; we were dismissed. Immediately Jess and Carmen pushed their way through everyone who was in the way.

MOVE! Oh God Fin what happened to you?” Carmen was cutting of my air supply with a hug and Jess was rambling on about something like she was going to kill a guy.

“Carmen, Carmen you’re hurting me.”

“Oops, sorry; Fin who did this to you?”

“I really don’t want to talk about it.”

“Fine, but you are going to tell us eventually.”

“Yea Jess is right, if you don’t its-”

“Going to eat me alive, I know. But I don’t need to.” The look of surprise was priceless, and their next question was in perfect unison.

“Who did you tell?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait on this update.. but its not bad right?

This next semester might make the updates a little more spread out, so I'm sorry..

But please keep the comments coming because feedback gives me alot more modivation so the updates might be more frequent..

-rh