Status: on going

Luck Comes To Those Who Work For It

Luck Comes To Those Who Work For It 04

The next day, Nat wokr up late. She scrambled to the shower and hurried through it. She dressed and scarfed down her breakfast. She got in the car and drove like a maniac to work. Luckily, she got there on time.

"Cutting it a bit too close, Nattie." teased Nicky.

"Nope. I'm here just on time. Stupid alarm didn't wake me up." replied Nat with a smile.

She walked towards her office and looked through the work she had for the day. "Ten o’clock meeting with Mr. Jeffries. Then afterwards I have to work on the Matherson
place. Then there’s the meet up with some new associates, I can probably just send Nicky
there. Hmm...not that much work today." she thought.

She sat and busied herself. Rereading the bio of Mr. Jeffries and of his business with them.

At exactly 10, someone knocked on her doors. Nicky opened the door and announced the arrival of Mr. Jeffries. The man who walked in wasn't the Mr. Jeffries Nat had been expecting. The man that walked in was no other than Tyler, the young man from the park.

"Oh! This is a surprise. I was expecting a Timothy Jeffries, not a Tyler Jeffries." Nat said with a surprised look.

"My dad was too busy to come today, but wanted the matter reseolved of as soon as possible. Since I still live in that place with him and mother, he thought it would be smart to send me. Mother might be coming in a bit later." Tyler said with a boyish grin.

"That's no problem. Your father wanted to completely remodel the place, so the question is, do you want a new structure or do you want the current one and we could just knock down the walls and rearrange the rooms and all."

The next two hours were spent discussing the rebuilding of the Jeffries' mansion. Mrs. Jeffries entered withing the first half hour and suggested a few things. It was quite a pleasant meeting. As the Jeffries were leaving, Tyler asked for Nat's number. She blushed and told him he could get it from Nicky.

Nat had lunch with Nicky and they chatted about Jake's upcoming race. They were all friends since college and Jake was like their older brother. He protected them from everything and anything.

After work, Nat and Nicky drove to the race track. They were greeted by the whole gang.

"Nattie and Nicky finally show. We've been waiting for you for hella long. Nattie go get yo ass into riding gear and let me whoop yo ass for everyone to see." Carter said with a smirk.

"You wish!! Nat has always been faster than you and you know it Carter." Lucy yelled with a smile.

Nat laughed and changed into her riding gear. She mounted her bike at the starting line and waited for the signal. Both Nat and Carter were focused and sped off when the light turned green. At the first turn, it seemed as though Carter was in the lead. By the second turn though, Nat had snuck up and passed Carter. She continued to accelerate and by the final turn, she was about 3 seconds faster than Carter.

Carter pouted and said, "Shit! This time I actually thought i had you."

Everyone laughed adn sat around talking of random things. At 5:30, they all left to eat at a restaurant. After dinner, they went to Nat's house to wait for it to be late enough to go clubbing.