Australia

Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

“Dude! I can’t believe that Sam said all that stuff,” Kevin slid into the booth seat at the cafe beside the hotel, beside Nick.

“Me either,” Nick agreed. “She was so quiet last night; well, early this morning. She hardly said a word. The she’s yelling at that reporter; talking about you ‘banging her brains out.’ Looking at her, I wouldn’t think she’s have it in her.”

I stayed quiet as my brothers speculated over Sam. I couldn’t get over what she said. I never thought I’d meet a fan that would go to those lengths to support us and stand up for us like that.

“Are we talking about the girl that went crazy at the lady on TV this morning?” Frankie asked, his head poking up from the seat behind Kevin and Nick.

“Yep,” Kevin nodded, tousling our youngest brothers’ hair. Frankie flattened his hair back out before disappearing back behind the seat.

“Dude,” Nick nodded in the direction of behind me.

I turned around. Sam stood, looking around the cafe. She looked fantastic. Her jeans complimented her beautiful long legs, her V-neck t shirt, was snug around her torso in a comfortably tight type of fashion; I noticed she must like red shoes. He long dark brown hair was in a pony tail but her fringe and a few whispy bits framed her pretty face. My favourite thing about how she looked was the jacket; I recognised it as my own. I must tell her that she can keep it.

I stood up and strode over to her. Fear was written all over her expression. I smiled softly before enveloping her into a hug. I felt her tense again. I leant down and rested my chin on her shoulder.

“Thank you, Sam,” I whispered in her ear.

Her body softened and I felt her slowly snake her arms around my waist. I squeezed her gently. She has no idea what , what she said means to us. I pulled away from her and linked my arm through hers; pulling her through the cafe to where our booths were.

“You know Nick and Kevin of course,” I smiled, introducing her.

“It’s nice to meet you,” Kevin said shaking her hand, smiling. Nick stood up and hugged her briefly before sitting back down.

“Sit,” I instructed, after sliding in myself. I patted the empty seat beside me and across from Nick. She slid in.
We were silent for a few awkwards moment. I wish I could tell her how pretty she looked. I wanted to make her blush, in payback for making me blush earlier. Nicks voice broke the silence first.

"We really appreciate what you said to that reporter, Sam," he thanked her, smiling softly.

"You saw that?" she asked, her voice back to being small.

"Yes!" Kevin exclaimed excitedly. "I've never seen a reporter looked so shocked.

"It really was amazing," I told her, smiling warmly. "I thought you were going to make up some stupid story to earn a couple of bucks. We all did." I gestured to Nick and Kevin who nodded in agreement.

"I'm not one for telling lies, Joe," Sam told me, her voice not so small anymore. "What that stupid reporter person asked was completely out of line. What sort of question is that anyway? Which Jonas Brother did I spend the night with? She was clearly a complete moron. Doesn't anyone understand your whole purity ring deal?" she sighed, clearly still frustrated by the whole reporter ordeal.

I rested my hand on hers, which was resting on the table.

"Its okay," I smiled at her again. "Its over; and thanks to you I don't think that certain reporter will be bugging us anymore."

Sam looked up at me with her big blue eyes.

"Thanks Joe," she grinned. "You really know how to make a girl feel better."

"Want some breakfast?" I asked her. She nodded enthusiastically and the four of us stood and approached the counter. I ordered our breakfast.

"And to drink?" the girl behind the counter squeaked. I don't think they should have teenage girls working when we're here.

"Um," I looked at the other three. "I'll have tea."

"Just milk for me," Nick told her.

"Coffee," Kevin ordered with a smile. "Please."

"And you miss?" the waitress looked at Sam. You could feel the jealousy.

"Just a peach mango ice tea please," Sam said sweetly, smiling at the girl.

I would have to remember that, for future reference.