Australia

Chapter One Hundred and Three

Sam's POV

I turned reluctantly and caught the eye of Ed Westwick. He stood in the doorway of the hall; his red lined, black cape billowing in the breeze behind him. He was dress entirely in black; black slacks, a black long sleeve dress shirt, a black vest with all three buttons fastened and shiny black shoes on his feet. If he wasn't such an ass, I would've found him attractive. He walked slowly towards me and I noticed that he had all of his hair slicked back besides two bits that were twisted upwards to creat devil horns. I looked him in the eye; noticing that hsi eyes were lined with charcoal coloured eyeliner; making his eyelids dark and smokie; red eyeliner actually lined his eyes; the already deep brown made deeper by the liner. His eyes looked almost black. He had a deep brown almost black shadow that was cast under his cheek bones; accentuating his jaw in a way only a brit could pull off. He smirked his usual smirk at me; he knew how entranced I was by his appearance.

"Hello again, Samantha," he droned in his husky tone. "How are we this evening?"

I went to answer but Joe cut me off.

"What are you doing here Westwick?" Joe asked him bluntly. "You weren't invited."

"I guess you could call me a crasher then, dear Joseph," Ed cast his eyes to Joe for a second before turning back to me.

"Don't call me that," Joe spat. Ed ignored me that.

"Now, would you care to answer my question?" he smirked.

"I'm fine," I answered in the same tone Joe had used.

"That's excellent to know that you're just fine," Ed ran his tongue along his bottom lip and I bit my own. "You'll be excellent by the end of the night."

He took a step closer to me. I felt his hot breath on my face

"Now to work the room," he announced and winked at me. "I'll see you later."

With that, Ed pulled his cape dramatically into him and pushed his way into the crowd.

"I really don't that guy," Joe told me.

"Me either," I replied watching Ed leave. "He's so arrogant."

"His arrogance isn't the trait I'm concerned about," Joe turned to me. "Promise you'll stay away from him. I know what he wants."

I slid my mask off and pulled my hair from the pony tail and shook it out. I pulled Joe's glassed from his face and slid them onto mine.

"I'll be fine," I smiled at him reassuringly. "I promise. I just need a disguise."

"Well, you look adorable," he smiled and kissed my nose.

"Thank you," I replied, smiling at him. "I never told you how awesome you look tonight. Those pants are so, tight."

"Oh I know," Joe said; pulling at his pants. "I'm constantly needing to adjust them. You know, so I don't do any permanent damage."

I laughed and he cocked his eye brow at me.

"Oh, you're serious?" I cleared my throat and ran my hand through my hair, in an attempt to straighten it out.

"Definitely," he nodded. "You want another diet coke?"

"Please," I smiled.

An hour later, I exited the bathroom and made my way to sit down on one of the deep blue seats that sat against the far wall. I sat down and looked into the crowd. Joe was standing in the middle of the dancefloor; dancing to Beat It by Michael Jackson with Demi. He was wearing Demi's witch hat and she was wearing his suspenders. I smiled at the friends and leaned bac against the wall.

"May I sit down?" a familiar accent asked me.

I looked up at Ed.

"Even if I say no, you're going to sit anyway," I told him flatly.

"True," he replied and sat down beside me. I rolled my eyes at how predictable he was.

I glanced up at Joe again and watched as Zac attempted to teach him the running man. I laughed when Joe; as uncoordinated as I was; failed to do so.

"I can't believe you're actually dating that douche bag," Ed said from beside me.

"I love Joe," I pulled a face at Ed and crossed my arms.

"Really?" he scoffed.

"Yes really," I mocked his scoff. "What? Don't you believe me?"

"I honestly don't know," he smirked at me and I rolled my eyes again. I crossed my right leg over my left; angling myself away from him.

"I mean, you just don't match," Ed told me.

"We match fine thank you very much," I told him angrily.

How dare he judge Joe and myself? He doesn't know me.

"Not as well as we do," he told me in his smug voice.

I felt the urge to slap him.

"Yeah right," I replied; releasing my arms and resting them in my lap. I edged way from Ed.

"Come on," he smirked. "Won't you give me a chance?"

I turned to face him as he leaned in. He puckered his lips slightly and I turned my face away.

"I'm not intersted Ed," I told him; crossing my arms again and sliding away from him to the end of the seat.

"You were intrested at the Teen Choice Awards," he repsonded. He slid as well till he was sitting right beside me; our legs touching.

"I was drunk," I turned to look at him and raised my eye brows at him. "I didn't know what I was doing."

"Yeah sure. Whatever," he replied; his smug tone returning. He slid his hand up my knee to my thigh and leaned into me again. I leaned as far away as I could without falling off the chair. It wasn't far enough. I started to feel uncomfortable as his lips grazed mine ever so slightly.

"Leave her alone man," I was thankful to hear Joe's voice boom from in front of us. The music in the hall had stop.

Joe grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me up off the seat and beside him. I clutched onto his forearm.

"Oh?" Ed stood and loosely rolled up his shit sleeves. "And who's going to make me?"

"I am," Joe replied; his voice dripped in similar arrogance to Ed's.

I looked at Joe's face. His jaw was clenched, his lips were pressed into a straight line and his hazel eyes burned with anger. I gripped his arm tighter but he shrugged it off. I let go completely and took a step back.

"You wanna start somethin' Jonas.?" Ed threatened and pulled off his cape. He chucked it at me and I held it.

I looked between the two mens faces; both wore similar expressions.

"Oh yeah," Joe countered. "Bring it Westwick."

Nick stepped up from Joe's left and stoof between them.
"Guys, don't do anything stu..." Nick started.

Ed swung a punch at Joe but instead of hitting my boyfriend; his fist collided with Nick's face instead, splitting his bottom lip. I kept my eyes fixed on the blood pouring out of the split in Nick's lip. He lifted his hand to it; touching it with his fingers. His eyes widened at the siteof the blood on his fingers and he looked up; his eyes meeting mine.

From out of nowhere, David Henrie and Zac seized one of Ed's arms each and dragged him towards the door. I forced my eyes away form Nick and looked at the screwed up anger on Ed's face and Ed kept his eyes on me.

"We should let the cops deal with you," Zac told Ed.

He shook them both off before the door and stalked back to me. He snatched his cape from my hands and threw it over his back dramatically attaching it to his shoulders.

At the door, Ed turned and smirked at me. He blew me a kiss and winked at me. With a surge of andrenalin, I brushed past Joe and walked straight up to Ed; pausing only inches in front of him. He looked at me with surprised expression before rising his eyebrows.

"You want me?" he smirked.

I returned his smirk, adjusted my short leather vest and looked up slowly and alluringly at Ed; searching his eyes from under my eyelashes. I watched the corner of his mouth twitch into a smile and I looked up at him properly. Lust burned in his eyes. I cock my head to the side and smiled. I lifted my hand slowly; not breaking our eye contact and slapped him, hard across the face.

His mouth dropped open and his were wide with shock. He's clearly taken aback by my actions. I leaned my face close to his.

"You want me?" I hissed; mocking his earlier saying. I saw Ed's jaw clench and he turned and stalked out; his cape once again billowing behind him. I watched him go.

I turned back to the room slowly and grinned nervously at the room. Joe walked up to me and enveloped me in a hug.

"You never cease to amaze me, Miss Reily," he whispered in his ear.

I pulled back slightly from the hug and smiled at Joe.

"I doubt he'll bug you again Sam," Kevin's voice joined the room from my left.

"Same," a chorus of people agreed.

I smiled again before slipping out of the hug. My eyes met Nick's again and walked slowly up to him. I slid my hand into Nick's free, not bloody hand and held it loosely.

"Come on, Nicky," I smiled lightly at him. "Let's fix up that lip."
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay. So what'd you guys think?
Let me know.
I must admit I'm proud of this chapter.
Comments?
:)