Australia

Chapter One Hundred and Four

Nick's POV

I glanced down at my hand that was clutched in Sam's as she pulled me towards the male restroom. She shoved the door open with her shoulder and let go of my hand; ushering me through as she held the door open. The door slowly closed my itself.

I stopped in the middle of the restroom and Sam approached me; stopping close and staring at my lip.

"I'll be right back," she told me and disappeared from the room again.

I back up and peered into the foggy basin mirror at my lip. It didn't look split badly but what'd I know? The only fights I ever got into were wrestling matches with Joe and they hadn't happened in ages. I ran my tongue across the cut and it stung.

"Bugger," I muttered to myself. Darn my jagged teeth.

I turned around and slid myself up onto the basin bench; perching myself on the edge. I kicked my legs like a little kid and yawned. I glanced at my watch and noticed it was fast approaching 2am. No wonder I was tired. I had watched Sam for most of the night. I couldn't get over how amazing she looked in her costume. The door opened and Sam stepped back inside..

"Sorry I took a bit," she apologised as she walked towards me. "Bartender wouldn't give me ice so I had to actually clambered over the bar and steal some."

She held up the small plastic bag with the ice in it and smiled triumphantly.

"Nice," I half laughed and my lip stung.

Sam walked up to me and handed me the ice.

"Hold that for a second," she told me and disappeared into one of the stalls; emerging shortly after with an entire roll of toilet paper.

She stood in front of me; between my legs with her hands resting on my thighs. She reached up and pulled the hat from my head and placed it on her own head. She looked cute. She looked at my lip again before ripping a few squares of toilet paper and folding them along the perforations. She ran the corner of it under the running hot water and rang it out gently.

"This may sting a little," she warned and I nodded.

She lifted the toilet paper and began to dab at my lip. She was right; it stung a lot. I winced slightly as she pressed the paper against it. She pulled away and smiled apologetically.

She ran some new squares of toilet paper under the tap.

"Hold the ice against your lip," she instructed and I did what I was told. I watched her every move carefully.

She started to wipe the blood off my chin; rubbing gently. I saw her brow furrow gently and she frowned when the paper tore. She threw it into the toilet before repeating the action; working on where the blood had trickled slightly down my throat.

"There's blood on your shirt," she frowned again.

I pulled the ice away from my lip and glanced down. Sure enough there were three drips of blood and my white dress shirt.

"It's not big deal," I smiled softly at her.

"Did I tell you to move the ice?" she asked in her stern voice.

"No, but it's really cold," I told her.

She took the ice from me and pressed her thumb against one of the ice cubes. She held it there and she held my eye contact. She smiled softly and I smiled in return. After a few moments, she lifted her hand and gently placed her thumb on the slice on my lip. The cut welcomed the cold. She smiled at me.

"I'm sorry about this Nick," she murmured quietly.

"You have nothing to be sorry about, Sam," I told her; trying not to slur my words. It was hard to do given that her thumb was pressed against my lip.

"But, it was because of me that Ed hit you," she frowned.

"No," I shook my head gently and took her hand in mine; pulling it down off my lip so I could talk freely. "It was the male ego that did it."

"True," she laughed softly. She looked down at our hands and I let it go slowly. Sam looked back up at me. "I'm still sorry."

"Don't be," I told her. I took the ice from her other hand and placed it beside me. I edged closer to the edge of the basin pulled Sam towards me gently into a hug. She rested her cheek against my chest and wrapped her arms around my waist loosely. I revelled at the closeness of the embrace; treasuring the scent of her hair, her perfume and the faint smell of leather.

"Thank you," she whispered.

"No, thank you," I whispered back. I squeezed her tighter before letting go.

"We should get going," Sam cleared her throat and backed up. She picked up the ice and took my hat off; popping it back on my head.

"We should," I smiled at her.

she started walking towards the door but I stopped her. She looked at me confused. I leaned in and pressed a quick kiss on her cheek. I pulled away and met her eye. She smiled and blushed a little before pulling the door of the restroom open and stepping back into the hall. I smiled to myself. I made her blush. I licked my lip slowly and waited for the pending sting, but it didn't come.

"Thanks Sam," I whispered to noone in particular. "Thank you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Little bit of cute Sam and Nick stuff.
That's 4 updates.
Comments?
xo