Australia

Chapter One Hundred and Six

Joe’s POV

4.30pm. We stood in the departure lounge of the airport. Tash had gotten on the plane, after me literally having to pry Sam’s fingers off her. I was sitting in one of the chairs; Nick beside me. The rest of the family was sitting in the row opposite. Sam wasn’t quite ready to leave yet she had told us. I gazed over at her. She was standing up against the window; donned in black jeans, her sneakers and from my field of vision, a Jonas Brothers band hoodie. I smiled at the fact she was wearing a piece of my merchandise.

She raised her hand up and rested it on the glass a little above her head. She leaned forward; resting her forehead against the glass too. I smiled and got to my feet; walking over to her slowly. I walked up behind her. Standing directly behind her; I lifted my hand and rested it on top of hers with my fingers in the spaces that hers created on the glass. I leaned down; resting my chin on the opposite shoulder. I tilted my head to rest against hers.

“You alright sweetie?” I whispered.

She leaned her head against mine and sighed.

“I will be,” she told me softly. “I’m just going to miss her, that’s all.”

“I know,” I replied. I moved my head slightly and kissed her cheek the best I could from the angle I was on.

Sam squirmed a little; tilting her head more.

“What’s wrong?” I asked pulling my head away.

“Your breath tickles,” she giggled.

“Oh really?” I asked. I leaned down again; exhaling through my nose making sure it would hit her neck. She squirmed like she did before.

“Stop,” she giggled.

I dropped my hand form the glass and she did the same; turning around in front me and leaning her back against the glass. I smiled down at her. She shocked me by quickly wrapping her arms around my waist and pulling me to her. I lost my balance; just catching myself with both hands on the glass. I sturdied myself and hugged her back. She said something which was muffled because her face was lost in my leather jacket clad chest.

“What’d you say?” I asked her.

She pulled her face out of my chest. She looked up at me; her blue eyes brimming with tears but a soft smile playing on her lips.

“I really don’t know how to thank you for bringing her over here for me,” Sam breathed; her voice cracking slightly. “I mean it Joe.”

“It was nothing, Sam,” I smiled at her.

She rested her head back against my chest; on the side.

“It wasn’t nothing,” she whispered. “It was everything I needed.”

She turned her head again; looking up at me. Her blue eyes were still filled with tears but the smile on her face was beautiful. I leaned down and kissed her forehead softly. She smiled and blinked her eyes; a few of her tears escaped. I quickly brushed them away, leaving my hand lingering on her cheek.

“Do you want to do something tonight?” I asked her. “Just the two of us?”

“Like what?” she smiled slightly.

“I don’t know yet,” I answered honestly. “I just want to spend time with you; just the two of us.”

“How can I pass up an offer like that?” she smiled up at me.

I leaned down and kissed her softly on the lips.

“Come on,” I pulled away and laced her fingers through mine. “We should get going.”
♠ ♠ ♠
An itty bitty Joe/Sam moment.
What'd you guys think?
Comments?