Australia

Chapter One Hundred And Seven

Sam's POV

I was looking forward to spending time just me and Joe. I didn't care what we would be doing exactly; the thought of being with him by myself really excited me. Just being able to hold his hand or kiss him without feeling like someone was watching us. I smiled as the family pulled into the drive way and we all piled out.

"Want to go for a walk?" Joe asked me.

"Okay," I looked up at him and smiled.

It was nearing 6pm when we arrived home, so it was getting darker which meant it was getting colder. I was suddenly very thankful that I had warn my Jonas Brothers hoodie; it was thick and a bit big on me, meaning the sleeves were long and it was kind of baggy.

"Sam and I are going for a walk," Joe told his mum. "We'll grab something for dinner on the way."

"Alright," Denise smiled. "Take care."

We began walking along the footpath and Joe slid his hand into mine; gripping it tightly. We walked in silence for a short while. I watched where I was walking. I didn't want to go sprawling across the pavement in the dark. The streetlights cast mine and Joe's shadows ahead of us on the pavement. I smiled at how perfectly we looked walking together; side by side. Two pairs of long legs, four arms clad in thick jackets, two heads both cast downwards watching the footpath, two hands clasped together in the centre; and as corny as this sounds, two hearts beating in perfect synch to a beat known as love.

"Do you like chinese food?" Joe's voice broke into my corny as heck thoughts.

"Pardon?" I glanced over at him.

He stopped walking and pointed to a small chinese restaurant that sat down a tiny path. I hadn't realised we had walked as far as the little shopping complex down the street.

"Chinese food?" he repeated. "Yes, no, maybe?"

"Yes," I smiled.

"Good," he grinned. "Because I'm starving!"

I laughed as he dragged me down the tiny path and into the restaurant.

An hour and a half later we emerged; both completely stuffed with rice, cungpow chickenand fortune cookies.

"Decisions put life into perspective," Joe read his fortune aloud by the light of the streetlight. "So, I'm making some decisions soon then right?"

"Sounds like it," I replied.

"What does yours say?" Joe leaned in closer to me.

"One heart should only beat for one other," I read aloud to Joe.

He looked at me with a confused expression on his face.

"What's that supposed to mean?" he asked; pocketing both of our fortunes.

"I have no idea," I shook my head and grabbed his hand. "Where to now?"

"I don't know," he smiled. "Want to start walking back? Maybe something will spark interest."

"Okay," I agreed.

We started the journey back chattering away lightly about Kevins birthday.

"What'd you get him?" I asked Joe.

"I didn't buy him anything," he grinned. "I found his Police tee shirt. Remember how he was looking for it back before the Teen Choice Awards."

"You're giving it back to him as a present?" I half laughed.

"Yep," Joe smiled. "Alright. I admit I also bought him a new guitar strap and a pair of his favourite boots."

"I was going to call you a cheap skate just then Joseph," I laughed at him.

"What'd you get Kevin?" he asked me.

"I've booked and paid for a dinner for two at that little italian place in the city for him and Danielle," I told him. "I've filled Danielle in, so she knows about everything."

"That's so sweet," Joe kissed my cheek and smiled at me.

"Thanks," I smiled at him. "I just think Kevin and Danielle need a little 'them' time."

"It's a good idea," Joe told me. "Much like we needed a little 'we' time."

"Exactly," I grinned at him and that's when I spotted them. "Swings!"

"Yeah?" Joe said slowly. "They are swings."

I frowned at him before grabbing his hand tighter and yanking him towards them. I sat down on one and Joe stepped behind me; pushing me gently. The momentum started and I slowly went higher and higher.
Joe stepped out from behind me as I started to pump my legs. He ducked under the stand holding up the swings and leaned against one of the poles with his arms crossed.

"You're so adorable," he told me smiling.

I dragged my feet along the dirt and stopped suddenly.

"Why?" I demanded.

"Because I said so," he smiled and walked towards me.

He stepped up closer and closer and I took some steps back; the swing coming with me. He took hold on the chains and leaned in close to me. I looked him in the eyes and smiled.

"I love you, Joe," I whispered.

"I love you too, Sam," he replied.

He kissed me softly on the lips before pulling away slowly. He took my hands in his and pulled me away from the swings slightly; back onto the grass. I leaned into him; wrapping my arms around his waist on the inside of his jacket. The warmth of his body was like heaven against my cool arms. I leaned my head against his chest so I could hear his heart beat. His arms moved to mt waist also and we stood close together; enjoying each others company.

“If the heart is always searching," he sang softly. "Can you ever find a home?"

"I've been looking for that someone," I sang in reply just as soft as he had. "I'll never make it on my own."

"Dreams can't take the place of loving you," he continued. "There's gotta be a million reasons why it's true."

I pulled away from his chest slightly and looked up at Joe.

"When you look me in the eyes, and tell me that you love me," he continued to sing to me. "Everything's alright, when you're right here by my side. When you look me in the eyes, I catch a glimpse of heaven.
I find my paradise, when you look me in the eyes."

I leaned back into his chest and sang to him.

"How long will I be waiting, to be with you again," I sang a little louder then before. "Gonna tell you that I love you, in the best way that I can. I can't take a day without you here, you're the light that makes my darkness disappear."

"When you look me in the eyes, and tell me that you love me," we sang in unison, holding onto each other. "Everything's alright, when you're right here by my side. When you look me in the eyes, I catch a glimpse of heaven. I find my paradise, when you look me in the eyes."

I leaned away and pressed a kiss to his lips. I pulled away but kept my face close to his.

"More and more, I start to realize," I whispered.

"I can reach my tomorrow," he replied quietly. "I can hold my head high"

"And it's all because you're by my side," we completed the bridge in unison.

I looked into Joe's eyes and I felt his burning into mine.

"When you look me in the eyes, and tell me that you love me," I whisper sang to Joe. I smiled softly.

"Everything's alright, when you're right here by my side," he replied; his voice as soft as mine.

"When I hold you in my arms, I know that it's forever," I smiled.

"I just gotta let you know I never wanna let you go," Joe replied; his angelic voice making my heart do backflips and my heart dance in my chest.

"Cause when you look me in the eyes, and tell me that you love me," Joe spoke the words. "Everything's alright,
When you're right here by my side. When you look me in the eyes, I catch a glimpse of heaven. I find my paradise, when you look me in the eyes."

"That was beautiful," I told Joe smiling.

"You're beautiful," he told me.

He leaned down; his mouth colliding with mine in an explosion of passion and love. I opened my mouth slightly and his tongue encircled mine. His mouth was warm and inviting, as well as enticing. As we pulled away slowly, Joe smiled. He took my hand in his and led me to the centre of the park where the grass was the shortest and the softest. He sat down. I looked down and him unsure. He patted the grass beside him and I sat down. He lowered himself down onto his back; one arm bent behind his head so he could lie on it. I smiled down at him, before joining him lying down; my head lying on his free bicep and my body curled into him.

In that moment, it didn't matter that the dew was probably soaking into our clothes. In that moment, it didn't matter that there were threatening clouds above us in the sky. In that moment, it didn't matter that the cold air was probably going to make me sick and cause my asthma to play up. All that mattered in that moment was Joe and myself; and the love that we felt for one another.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay. This is dedicated for those wanting a Joe/Sam moment.
I think it's pretty sweet.
How about you guys?
Comments?
xo