Australia

Chapter One Hundred and Eight.

Sam's POV

I walked down the hall and down the stairs quickly; I knew I was running late for breakfast. I had been floating on a soft fluffy cloud since mine and Joe's little adventure the night before last. It was perfect to say the very least and now that I knew Tash was home safe and sound, care of a phone call last night, I was happier then ever. I walked even more quick once I hit the bottom of the stairs and made my way to the dining room.

I pushed the swinging door open and sure enough the family was all seated around the table, tucking into a beautifully laid out breakfast of bacon, scrambled eggs and orange juice.

"Oh," Denise's happy voice exclaimed. "There you are Sam."

"Yeah," I bit my lip. "Sorry. I slept in. Tash called me from Australia last night to tell me she was settled back and home safely."

I moved to my seat between Frankie and Joe; placing a soft kiss on Joe's cheek. He blushed slightly and I smiled curiously. He hasn't blushed over a kiss on the cheek for ages. Joe looked down at his plate and shovelled some of the eggs into his mouth.

"That's alright," Denise smiled. "How is she?"

"She's good," I returned the smile as Denise spooned some eggs onto my plate followed by a few rashers of bacon. "Apparently something about the fight on Halloween has leaked onto the internet. She's being swamped with questions from her friends at school."

"Oh, I didn't realise that it had gotten out," Nick piped in. I looked up at him; his eyes concerned. His lip was still slightly swollen and bruised.

"I hadn't either," I answered him; smiling softly. The concern melted off his face. "But it's just a rumour. I doubt even that, idiot, Ed Westwick would tell anyone that he actually took a swing at a Jonas."

"True," Nick smiled back at me.

I smiled before starting to eat. Joe sat silently to my left. He pushed his eggs around his plate. I nudged his elbow with mine softly and he looked up at me. I faked a grin at him and he looked back down.

"Wha....?" I started.

"Can I be excused?" Joe asked and Denise nodded at him.

Joe slid his chair back on the tiles and stood up; walking out of the kitchen. I watched him go.

"Anyway," Kevin grinned. "Who's coming birthday shopping with me?"

"Birthday shopping?" I asked.

"It's a thing we do for Kevin's birthday every year on November third," Nick explained. "We just go shopping and he picks things out."

"But, I've already got him something," I smiled.

"Oh," Kevin grinned from ear to ear; his eyes wide. "What is it?"

"I'm not telling," I smirked. "You have to have at least one surprise."

"Fine," Kevin pouted.

"So, is it okay if I just stay home?" I asked. I wanted to talk to Joe, or just relax all day.

"That's fine, Sam," Paul smiled. "It's up to you."

I smiled.

We finished breakfast with light banter and the family left. I did the dishes for Denise and dried; putting them away.
I made my way up stairs. I stopped at Joe's closed bedroom door and rapt my knuckles on it gently.

"Joe?" I said to the door softly. I knocked again. "Joe. I know you're in there."

I sighed at the lack of response and walked to my bedroom. I grabbed one of my dad's really old football jerseys that I had stolen before he left. I knew it was kind of long on me, so it was perfect to lie around my room in. I smiled at the number on the front; 15; my dad's jersey number and my boyfriend’s birthday. I took a pair of underwear out of my draw and made my way to the bathroom to take a shower.

I stripped off; leaving my pyjamas in a pile on the floor by the basin. I turned on the water; testing it with my hand before stepping in and under the stream. The warm water rushes down my body, calming my tense muscles. I reached out; grabbing my coconut shampoo and squeezing a decent amount into the palm of my hand. I scrubbed it into my head and massaged my scalp with my finger tips.

I heard the door open and close. I rinsed my hands and pulled the curtain across a little and peered out. I found Joe sitting on the closed toilet seat; his hands in his lap, staring at the tiled floor.

“Joe?” I asked over the running water.

“Um, hi,” he looked up at me.

I pulled the curtain over more leaving just my head visible.

“I love you and all,” I told him. “but, what are you doing in the bathroom?”

“I needed to talk to you,” he answered simply in a small voice.

I pulled the curtain back across and ran my face under the water; removing the traces of shampoo that were creeping their way down to my eyes. I didn’t really want him sitting in the bathroom with me whilst I showered.

“So you’re going to sit there and talk to me while I’m in here all wet and soapy,” I smirked before peering back out at him again. “And naked?”

He caught my eye and I smirked at him. He broke the contact immediately and looked down at the floor.

“That’s what I thought,” I smiled at my success and pulled the curtain back across.

“I still need to talk to you though,” he told me. I peered back out and smiled at him.

"Meet me in my bedroom, okay?" I told Joe. "We'll talk there."

I smiled as he nodded and went back to my shower. I heard the bathroom door close. And I rinsed the shampoo from my hair. I lathered it with conditioner and let it settle whilst I scrubbed my face with my apricot scrub and exfoliated the rest of my body with my strawberry scented body wash. I rinsed out my conditioner and shut the shower off. I dried off quickly and pulled on my underwear and my dad’s old shirt. I was right; it was huge on me, sitting a few inches above my knee.

I left the bathroom rubbing my hair with my towel, in an attempt to dry it as best as possible. I was curious as to what Joe wanted to talk to me about. He had been so quiet and serious all morning. And the bathroom thing; what was up with that? I frowned to myself and turned the knob on my bedroom door.

When I walked in Joe looked up. He sat on the edge of my bed; his feet angled inwards; pigeon toed and his palms resting on the bed on either side of him. He looked somewhat troubled. I watched him run his eyes up and down my body before casting his eyes back to the floor.

I wandered over to him; dropping the towel along the way. I ran my fingers through my tresses, negotiating the knots that towel drying caused. I knelt before him, only a very few inches away.

He spread his legs a little and I shuffled my way between them; resting my elbows and forearms on his thighs. I tilted my head and looked up at him; looking him in the eye. He held my gaze for a few seconds before looking down.

"Joe," I whispered.

He didn't look up.I rested my hand on his cheek and tried again.

"Joe?" I sang. I saw the smallest hint of a smile at the corner of his mouth. I placed a small kiss there and the blush spread across his face again. "You've been blushing a lot, babe."

I heard Joe sigh. I removed my hand and stood up; sliding myself onto his knee. I placed a hand on each side of his face.

"Babe, what's wrong?" I asked softly. "It seems like something’s troubling you."

Joe shook his head, avoiding my eyes.

"Look me in the eye and tell me you're fine," I demanded. He didn't even move slightly. I grew paranoid.

"Have, I don't something?" I asked; my hands sliding down his face and landing in my lap.

"God, no!" Joe said loudly, starting me. "No, it's me. Its..."

Joe focused his eyes downwards again.

"It's what?" I asked. I cupped his chin gently; lifting his face to look me in the eyes. His eyes were confused, lost and if I'm not mistaken, ashamed.

"It's what I've been thinking about," he whispered.

"What's that?"

"Remember, that day in my room," he started, dropping his gaze again. "We were, kissing and stuff?"

"Yeah," I answered carefully.

"And you, you know, started grinding our pelvis's together and stuff?" he face was a hue of pink. I felt my face burn as well.

"I remember," I nodded lightly. "What about it?"

Joe softly shoved me off him. I moved and sat beside him. He stood up, paced for a bit and then stopped in front of me.

"I can't stop thinking about it," he admitted; throwing his hands up in frustration "I can't stop thinking about what would've happened if Kevin hadn't have walked in. I can't stop thinking about that overwhelming want to..." he trailed off.

"What did you want to do?" I asked. I could hear the curiosity in my voice.

"I couldn't help but think of scenarios where I was throwing off our clothes and, you know," he bit his lip.

"Having sex?" I offered.

"Making love," he replied. I smiled up at Joe before standing up.

"It's okay," I assured him. "It won't happen again."

"But, that's the problem," Joe sighed.

"What?" I rested my hand on his face and he leaned into it gently. He mimicked my action; caressing my cheek with his thumb.

"I want it to happen again."
♠ ♠ ♠
There we go.
Joe's been thinking. -insert winking smilie face here-
Please comment and let me know what you're thinking and be sure to tell your friends about my story.
Spread the joy.
xo