Australia

Chapter One Hunded and Sixteen

Sam’s POV

“That was so awesome Joe!” I exclaimed.

We were last in the dressing room after the photo shoot. Nick and Kevin were waiting out in the studio. I sat on a chair in the far corner of the room; kicking my legs back and forth and watched as Joe pulled off the white tee shirt from the shoot and pulled on a light grey one. I tried not to make my, checking him out obvious. He sat down in the chair next to me and pulled on his white Nikes.

“So, um,” Joe started; leaning back in his chair.

“Yeah,” I chewed on the side of my lip. “You want to go out for coffee?”

“Are you asking me out on a date?” he smiled at me.

“Yep,” I smiled shyly. “Are you accepting?”

“Yes,” he smiled at me.

“Why am I nervous about this?” I asked Joe; looking at my feet.

“I don’t know,” he shrugged. “I am too; so; yeah.”

“Want to get going then?” I offered.

“Alright,” he smiled and stood up. He held out his hand. I slipped mine into his and we laced our fingers together. It felt like home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sam’s POV.

I sipped my hot chocolate stifling a laugh when Joe fanned his tongue with hand.

“Okay,” he said; his voice muffled slightly by his tongue which was sticking out of his mouth a little. “Thats really hot.”

“That’s why they call it hot chocolate, Joseph,” I told him; sipping mine again; the warmth filled my stomach.

“Shh!” he pouted and sipped his hot chocolate slowly.

I laughed lightly.

“Are you laughing at me?” he asked; a mock angry expression on his face. He put his mug down on the cafe table.

“Not at all,” I shook my head; smiling innocently. I held up my free hand to express my innocence.

“Well, it seems to me that you are,” he frowned. “I should make you walk home.”

“You wouldn’t do that,’ I smirked at him.

He frowned again.

‘No I wouldn’t,” he picked up his mug and sipped his hot chocolate again a few times; until it was all gone. “I’m not mean.”

I cocked my eyebrow at him and slurped down the rest of my hot chocolate.

“What?” he smiled innocently. “Are you saying I’m mean?”

“I’m not saying anything,” I told him; pulling the sleeves of my long sleeve shirt down over my hands in an attempt to keep them warm.

“Yeah, right,” Joe pouted. “But your implying it.”

“You know, you’re so adorable when you do that,” I told him.

He flipped his fringe back out of his eyes.

“Do what?” he asked.

“The pout, the fringe flippy thing,” I smiled at him. “It’s so cute.”

Joe pulled a face and flicked his fringe over his eye.

“Is not,” Joe countered playfully.

“No!” I said; smiling at how adorable he was still being. “You’re still being cute.”

“It’s not my fault I’m adorable,” he smiled his winning smile at me.

“That smile shall be my downfall, Mr Jonas,” I told him; smiling.

He smiled again and I felt my tummy twist.

“Want to go for a picnic?” I asked quickly.

“Its like 6pm and its cold and dark. It is winter you know!”Joe whined. He turned to look outside. The sidewalks and grass were lightly dusted with snow.

“Yes I know,” I told him. “But it’s the 1st of December. Please! We went for one on the 1st of November and 1st of October.”

“Fine,” Joe caved. “But, we get Chinese food.”

“Deal!” I agreed and stood up; slipping my arms back into my leather jacket.

Joe stood and slipped his arms into his own.

“Nice jacket by the way,” he told me.

“Thank you sir,” I smiled at him.

“After you,” he gestured for me to lead the way. I stepped in front of him and he took hold of my hand. We stepped out into the cold air.

“Are you sure about this picnic thing?” Joe asked me as we walked back to his car.

“Positive,”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Joe’s POV

I sighed as I leaned back against the tree in the park; tossing the chopsticks into the empty Chinese container. Sam lay down; her head on my thigh. She sighed contently and stared upwards through the leaves. I cast my gaze in the same direction as hers. I found the sky to be dark and overcast; the sky threatening more snow. I ran my fingers through the front of Sam’s hair and smiled at her.

“Today was good,” she said returning my smile.

“It was,” I agreed. “It was fantastic.”

I pulled out my phone and illuminated the screen. It was nearly 9.30pm. We’d been missing all day. I was surprised I hadn’t been bombarded with calls from my mum

“So, what now?” she asked sitting up.

“Home time,” I told her. “Its 9.30 and its cold.”

“Can’t we do something else?” she asked.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“Can we go to that underage youth club thing?” she smiled.

“Didn’t you hear me?” I asked. “It’s 930PM, and its freezing out here.”

“What’s better then dancing around to loud music to warm you up?” she stood up and pulled me to my feet.

“A blanket and a cup of tea?” I offered.

“Joe,” she whined. “Don’t be such a party pooper! We have four weeks of hanging out to catch up on!”

“Can’t we continue that hanging out tomorrow?” I asked hopefully.

Sam shook her head with a huge grin on her face. She had me beat.

“Alright, alright!” I caved. “We’ll go dance our butts off.”

“Yay!” she exclaimed excitedly and clapped her hands. I shook my head and laughed at her.

She grabbed my hand and pulled me towards my car.

“Let’s go!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sam’s POV

It turned out the club was a lot more fun than I thought it would be. When we arrived, the dancing was already in full swing. The neon lights illuminated the dance floor with greens, blues and reds, the bar offered a range of soft drinks and energy drinks and there were soft couches lining the walls. Joe and I spent the night on the dance floor; making our impression with some groovy moves to various tracks. Salt and Peppa’s Push It went off as did 3OH! 3’s Don’t Trust Me.

Joe had voiced his glee that there was no Hoedown Throwdown on the playlist and I had laughed at him. Hours of dancing and a multitude of soft drinks later; Joe and I collapsed into one of the free couches and Joe checked the time on his phone.

“Oh my gosh!” he exclaimed over the volume of Low by Flo Rida.

“What?” I asked; a grinned plastered permanently on my face.

“It’s like 3am!”

I gasped, dramatically and laughed.

“We better go,” Joe laughed along with me.

We left the club hand in hand and made our way to Joe’s car. He drove slowly and carefully in the fog of the early morning. Joe shut the lights off as he pulled into the drive way and we clambered out almost silently. Joe grabbed my hand and we walked to the front door. He slid his key into the lock and pushed the door open. I stepped inside ahead of him and he closed the door.

I felt him feel around and I grabbed his hand again. We walked carefully; stifling giggles caused by the silence. A thump made me laugh and I bit down on my lip.

“Ow!” Joe exclaimed in a whisper.

“Hey Joe?”

‘What?”

“There’s a couch there,” I whispered sarcastically.

“HA HA. Very funny.” He replied; his voice as soft as mine.

We walked up the stairs quietly and carefully and stopped outside his door.

“You want to sleep with me?” I whispered.

“Um,” Joe whispered back. I heard to reluctance in his voice.

“I mean, sleep in my bed, with me,” I adjusted my question. “It saves risking waking up Kev.”

“Good point,” he agreed and I pulled him along to my room.

I opened the door and pulled him through; closing the door quietly behind him.

“You alright sleeping in your jeans?” I asked him still in a whisper.

“No, I’ll just sleep in my boxers,” he assured me.

We peeled off our layers; jackets hung over the back of my desk chair, jeans dumped in a pile. Joe climbed under the covers as I pulled on a pair of sweat pants. I caught a whiff of my tee shirt. I smelled so bad fro all the dancing.

I crawled into bed beside Joe and lay on my side. He turned and we both lay facing each other. He curled his arm under his head and I moved closer; resting my head on his bicep; our faces even closer than they were before. Joe wrapped his arm around my middle and I lifted the blanket up so it rested above our shoulders. The only thing visible over the blanket was our heads. I leaned in and kissed his lips softly. I felt the slight pressure back and I pulled away; stifling a yawn. This is how it should’ve been after we did the deed; relaxed, at ease and completely in love.

“I love you Sam,” Joe whispered.

“I love you too Joe,” I replied. “Goodnight.”

“Good morning.”
♠ ♠ ♠
i'm not particularly fond of this chapter but i felt like i left you guys hanging with the last one.
Let me know what you think?
Please.
:)