Australia

Chapter One Hundred and Nineteen

Sam’s POV

Nick’s cold passed in a few days. I catered to his needs, took him a hot mug of tea in the mornings and made sure he stayed rugged up. I felt like I was mothering him but I couldn’t help it. I hated seeing people sick. I knew how bad I got colds; they were worsened by my asthma. But Nick’s cold killed his spirit and Nick’s spirit was the best part of him. He spent most of the days lying curled up in a blanket on the couch watching cartoons with Frankie.

Over the next couple of days and weeks, Joe started to make a habit of sleeping in my bed with me at night. He would wait till his parents and brothers have gone to bed before sneaking in. I would wait up; sometimes till around 1am for my door to open slightly and for Joe to slip into my room. He would tiptoe in and crawl in under the blankets. I would curl myself into his body and he would wrap his arms around me; and hold me close. We would lie and talk or we would lie in silence and go to sleep. Every night was special and every night was memorable. The warmth got me through the cold nights that I still wasn’t accustomed to.

Joe had told me that his father had asked him about our little sleepovers every night. He had told him that all we do is sleep and that we enjoy the closeness of the bond or something. Joe said he got annoyed when his dad had brought it up and asked him if he trusts him? Paul does trust us but said he’d prefer it if Joe and I didn’t share a bed every night.

“So, no more slumber parties?” I asked Joe. I was almost midnight and we were curled up in bed like we usually were.

“No,” Joe shook his head; disappointed.

“Why are you here tonight? I asked.

“I decided one more time wont hurt,” he smiled. The full moon illuminating his face is the more perfect way. His brown eyes were shining.

“I’m glad you came to that decision,” I replied; moving away from Joe slightly and resting up on my elbow. “Although I will definitely miss waking up to that gorgeous face everyday.”

I ran my finger tips up his jaw and brushed his fringe back off his forehead. He smiled up at me. I kissed him on the mouth gently.

“I love you Joe,” I whispered.

“And I love you,” he replied.

“You know, with everything so perfect lately, I’ve made a decision of my own,” I admitted.

“What’s perfect?” he asked; I wasn’t sure if he purposely ignored the ‘decision’ part of my statement.

‘Us, my friendship with Nick,” I smiled. “But that’s not what I’m trying to say.”

“Oh yeah,” he propped himself up on both elbows. “What’s this big decision?”

“I’ll tell you now, but I want to tell the rest of the family together,” I told him; softly.

“Is everything okay?” he asked. I saw the concern in his face.

“Of course,” I smiled. “There’s just something I have to do.”

“Which is?”

“I’ll tell you, but just get everyone to meet in the living room at 12pm tomorrow,” I instructed. “That way I can tell everyone at once.”

“Okay,” Joe lay back down. “Deal.”

I lay back down; curling myself back into his body and in a soft whisper, I explained my plan.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm losing subscribers. I've lost 2 today. :(
What am i doing wrong?
Please guys, tell me.
Comments?