Australia

Chapter One Hundred and Twenty Two

Three Days Later.

Joe's POV

For the past three days, I had helped Sam pack her things. She didn't need everything; but she had insisted on taking it all. I didn't know if she was angry at Nick or just upset that he had made no effort to make up with her before she left. She seemed so down; it was like her sparkle was gone. She smiled and laughed sure; but they always seemed forced. I had tried talking to Nick, so had Kevin but he just didn't open the door. We'd tried to get Frankie to talk to him but Nick had blown up in our faces about taking advantage of our 8 year old brother. Nick had a point; Frankie didn't need all this drama in his life.

"I think that's everything," Sam sighed and plopped herself down on her bed. She glanced around the now empty room. It was back to its old self; apart from the poster of us on the wall. She had insisted on just leaving it there. Her suitcase was zipped up on the floor; her gadgets and cables in a smaller carryon bag. She stood up again, stretching.

"We better head off then," I told her, standing up also. I picked up her bags.

"Yeah, I just want to say farewell to the room," she smiled at me.

I watched as she took a posted note out of the carry on bag, scribble something on it and stick it on Nick's face on the poster. I raised my eyebrow at her.

"Just in case," she smiled thoughtfully; dropping something else on the pillow. I didn't see what. She stepped out of the room behind me; pulling the door closed.

Nick's POV

I heard the hustle and bustle of my family leaving the house. There was silence; then car doors closing then the engine starting. She was gone. She was gone and she hated me. I didn't know if I would see her again. Why had I said all I did? Why was I so sure that she would come back for me? As she said, I'm not her boyfriend, I'm her boyfriends little
brother.

Why the heck had I kissed the way I did? I had never kissed anybody like that; ever. Well, not with me initiating it anyway. Open mouthed kissing, yes. But the way I kissed Sam was different. You could feel the fire and the passion. She'd deny it but she kissed my back. I can't believe she kissed me back. I can't believe I kissed her like that. No wonder she slapped me; I deserved it. I frowned to myself and sat up. Mine and Frankie’s room was an absolute pigsty. But, I had completely stopped caring. I chewed my lip and stood up; making my way out of my bedroom and to Sam's room. I opened the door slowly. I was nervous; though I don't know why. It was only a bedroom.

The room was completely bare. Everything that made this room Sam's was gone. She had taken everything; every little scrap of who she was, was gone. The bed lay blank; only white sheets were on the mattress. The pile of shoes that usually sat in the corner beside the door was gone; as was the array of tee shirts that usually hung out of the draws of her dresser. Her bathrobe wasn’t hanging up on the hook on the back of the door and the photos that were once plastered on the mirror had disappeared. The collage of photos that she had gotten for her birthday had been taken too. Everything that made this room Sam’s room was gone; all except the poster of my brothers and I that was still on the wall. I tilted my head at it and made my way over. I noticed that there was something stuck over my face. I walked over to the bed. A yellow rose sat on the pillow; similar to the one I had given her for her birthday over 6 months ago. I smelled it and smiled slightly. It was artificial, but you can’t exactly get real live roses in winter. I pulled off the posted note and I read it aloud to myself.

I'm sorry.
x.


I stared at the paper. She apologised. She hadn’t even done anything wrong. It was all me. What had I done? What the heck was I doing? Why wasn't I saying goodbye to her? Why had I been so selfish? Why had I ruined her Christmas for her? Why, why why? I tore out of the room and down the stairs; grabbing my phone and calling a cab.

After 20 minutes, the cab horn tooted outside. I pulled the front door shut behind me; locking it before jumping in the cab.

"Dallas International Airport," I told the driver, he pulled away from the curb.

The 40 minutes drive to the Airport was excruciating. I didn't want to miss out on saying goodbye to Sam, it was absolutely freezing. I pulled the sleeves of my jacket down over my hands and rested one of my elbows on the door frame. I chewed my thumb nail impatiently. I felt the driver look at me. I rolled my eyes every time I caught him.

"Do I know you?" he asked me when we stopped at a red light.

"No, you don’t" I told him, sitting forward; sticking my head between the two front seats. "How long?"

"Not far now," he answered. "Are you sure I don't know you? You look familiar."

"I'm Nick Jonas from the Jonas Brothers," I almost shouted at him. "Now, can you floor it?"

"Yes Mr. Jonas sir," the cab driver floored it up the high way. Why didn't I think of that in the first place?

When we finally pulled into the airport, I thrust a 100 dollar bill at the driver and told him to keep the change. Sure, it was like a $60 tip but I didn't care. I ran into the airport and looked around for departures. I ran from lounge to lounge before my eyes finally landed on my mum. She was walking towards me with Frankie.

"Hey, have I missed it?" I asked my Mum, who looked shocked to see me.

"No," she smiled softly. “She’s still saying goodbye.”

Mum gestured in the direction behind her. I looked up; Sam was hugging Dad. She then moved on to Kevin, Rob and then Joe. He kissed her passionately on the mouth, before pulling her into a tight hug. I approached the group cautiously and carefully; stuffing my cold hands into the pockets of my jeans. I dropped my gaze to the floor before slowly glancing up. I saw Sam look up and saw me. I took another step forward. She didn't move. I took another step. She still didn't move. I took another step and she looked up at me; looking me in the eye. She smiled at me. I had missed that smile. I smiled slightly back at her. I felt so many sets of eyes watching us. It was my family; they're a bunch of sticky beaks as well as onlookers and random strangers and members of the airport staff. Sam took a step forward and wrapped her arms around my neck. I pulled my hands from my pockets and snaked my arms around her waist and pulled her closer to me. I squeezed gently; holding her tightly and protectively. I felt her smile against my shoulder. I leant down slightly.

"I'm sorry," I whispered in her ear.

I felt her smile again and squeezed me tighter.

“Final boarding call for Flight 783 to Sydney Australia,” an announcer’s voice boomed over our heads; his thick southern accent amusing me slightly. “I repeat final call for Flight 783 to Sydney Australia.

Sam and I broke apart. She looked me in the eyes and smiled. I smiled a genuine smile at her. She picked up her carry bag and slung in over her shoulder. I stuffed my hands back in my pocket and stepped back to stand beside Kevin. He rested a comforting hand on my shoulder; squeezing it gently. With one more kiss on Joe's lips, she started down the gang plank. She turned around; waving to all of us.

"Goodnight and Goodbye my lovelies," she smiled. She smiled at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alrighty! There we go.
Don't fret. Sam will be coming back. I'm working on the lead up chapters now.
Comments? Let me know what you think?

Also, if you have twitter, leave me your twitter url and I'll follow you.
<3