Australia

Chapter One Hundred and Twenty Four

Sam’s POV

I glanced down at my new watch that Peter had bought me for Christmas and pressed the next button on my iPod; smiling when Taylor Swift’s Love Story filled my ears. According to the captain, we only had an hour left of the flight before we touched down in Dallas. Then, it was a 40 minute drive until I saw them again; my second family. Denise, Paul, Kevin, Frankie, Joe and Nick Jonas. I was so excited to be getting back. I had missed Joe so much. It was strange waking up in the morning and not getting a hug and a quick peck on the lips from the boy I loved. It was strange not spending almost every waking moment with him; at a park, restaurant or hanging out watching a movie at home. It was strange that the only form of communications we had were calls, instant messages or letters. Of course the instant messages and calls didn’t happen as frequently as I wish that they could have; but the boys had things to do over my break; things that I would’ve attended had I been in the country. I loved getting letters from Joe because I know that he had really taken the time to write to me. They were always long, filled with his thoughts, feelings and adventures. I always sent one back; containing similar things that he had sent me; as well as the occasional photo, a small knick knack I had found that reminded me of him. I once sent me a photo of my dinner; a baked dinner and I made a smilie face with my vegetables. He sent back a photo of a pancake with banana slice eyes and a sausage smile. It made me laugh hysterically for a whole hour. It was so Joe. The letters always made me happy. Well, except the lack of ones from Nick.

It really bothered me that Nick hadn’t written me back. I wasn’t sure if he was just busy. But if Joe and Kevin found the time to write me, he had the time too. Maybe he was still mad at me for leaving; which wasn’t fair. I understood him being upset with the fact that I wasn’t going to be there for Christmas and that he wouldn’t see me for a month. But that still did excuse him from writing me a letter or something. I had only spoken to him once on IM. I don’t know why it bugged me so much that he hadn’t contacted me. It was like losing a best friend. I frowned as Vanilla Twilight started to play. It reminded me of Nick a little too much. I changed the song again and again; until settling on When You Look Me In The Eyes; the version from Nick’s solo album.

I gazed out the window; shifting slightly so I could watch the open plains become visible through the white clouds; smiling when they came into view. I adjusted my new glasses so I could lean my head comfortably against the glass. I had to get my eyes checked while at home. It turned out that I needed glasses. I didn’t know what to expect when I landed. Had anyone grown? Had anyone changed? Had anything major happened? Of course I had gossip blogs and Joe telling me practically everything that he was up to, but he wouldn’t notice if Nick had grown, he wouldn’t notice if Kevin had been working on something new with his guitar and I doubt he would notice if Frankie and James’ band was up to anything. I knew what Joe’s main focus was over their winter and my summer and that was writing me. They had interviews that i watched, and a web chat that I sat in on at 3 in the morning. I didn’t say a word or ask a question but I had told Joe I was going to be there and watch. The smile didn’t leave his face for the entire chat; earning a few confused questions from their fans and amused sidelong glances from Kevin and Nick.

They had done some small shows around LA which I wish I could’ve gone to and attended a charity banquet in the first week of January. I had seen photos from these on the internet. I developed a close bond to my laptop; that is when I wasn’t out with Tash and Jeremy or hanging out with my little brother. It was weird reading things about them, knowing that if I had stayed for Christmas I would’ve lived it.

I definitely don’t regret going home to Australia for Christmas. It was great going back to “normal” although, there was a lot more attention from some of the people that ignored me towards the end of High School the year before last. I continued to ignore them though. Stupid people. I admit, I did like the extra attention but didn’t enjoy people coming up to be at the local shops and asking “are you Joe Jonas’ girlfriend?” I really couldn’t be a celebrity. Dating one is hard enough.

“Attention passengers,” the captain’s voice came through the speakers and I plucked a head phone out of my ear and sat up straight. “We will be landing at Dallas International in a little under 40 minutes. Could you please return your seats and lap tables to their upright position and gather your possessions for a clean and orderly exit from the plane. It’s a rather mild 67 degrees on the ground so don’t forget a light jacket. Thank you for flying Qantas Air. I wish you a happy and safe day.”

I did what I was told; adjusting my seat and moving my iPod from my tray table into my pocket. I pushed the table up into the back of the seat in front of me and resumed my gazing out the window. I spotted the airport a little to the right of where I was. My nerves grew as did my excitement. I couldn’t wait to see them again.

Joe’s POV

“She’s coming home today! She’s coming home today!” I called out loudly as I bounded down the stairs and into the kitchen.

I instantly smelt a roast cooking. Mum had started the Christmas lunch. I paused in the doorway with a massive grin on my face and took in the looks I was getting from my family. Kevin was highly amused; his eye brows were high and he was grinning like mad. Frankie grinned at me; pieces of cereal were stuck in his teeth. Mum shook her head and smiled and dad nodded his head. I then looked at Nick. He hadn’t looked up. He lifted a spoonful of cereal into his mouth; keeping his eyes on the bowl. Since the seat beside him was vacant I wandered over, still grinning and plopped down beside him.

“Aren’t you excited for Sam coming home Nick?” I asked him. I picked up a piece of toast from the small stack in the middle of the table and took a bite. The smile didn’t move from my face.

“I’m more nervous to be honest,” he replied.

He spooned the last of his cereal into his mouth and drank down the leftover milk in the bottom of the bowl.

“Why are you nervous?” I asked him in a hushed tone.

I looked briefly around the table. Mum was dabbing the front of Frankie tee shirt with a napkin. He had spilt milk down the front of him when he grinned at me with a full mouth. Kevin was talking to dad. I felt free to talk to Nick.

“I haven’t exactly written to her,” he told me.

He glanced at me quickly before looking back down. He tapped the spoon gently on the inside of the bowl. I looked at the spoon as the noise became more and more annoying.

“Not at all?” I questioned. I took another bite of my toast.

He shook his head.

“I never knew what to say,” he shrugged. “Like, her letters were so awesome. But the ones I attempted to write back were crap.”

“And that’s why you’re nervous?” I mused. “Because you didn’t write her? She’ll probably just kick your butt and be done with it.”

“I hope you’re right,” he responded.

He stood up and placed his bowl in the sink.

“Who’s going to get Sam from the airport?” Dad asked the room.

“I am, definitely,” I answered enthusiastically.

“Same,” Kevin agreed. “I am so there.”

“Can I go?” Frankie piped up.

“Of course you can sweetie,” Mum replied; kissing the top of his head.

We all stopped and looked at Nick; the only once to not make an input. He looked up and glanced around at us. I heard him sigh.

“Yes,” he agreed finally. “I’m coming.”

“Good!” I grinned; clapping him on the back. “You can drive!”

“What? Why?” he looked at me with wide eyes.

“Because,” I stood up. “You’re the least enthusiastic about this.”

I turned around and followed Kevin out the kitchen door.

“Come on Frankie,” I called back. “Let’s go get Sam!”

“I’m glad she’s coming back Joe!” Frankie exclaimed as he pulled on his outside coat. “I missed her heaps.”

“I’m glad too little man,” I agreed pulling on a coat of my own. “I missed her too.”
I caught Nick walking out of the kitchen. He walked over and grabbed his jacket and picked up his keys pout of the bowl by the door.

“Are we going or not?” he asked.

“Yes!” Kevin grinned. “We’re off!”

“Sammy here we come!” Frankie said; his voice excited.

I laughed loudly. I was so excited to see her again; I just couldn’t contain it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sam's coming home!
What do you guys think?
Comments to let me know please? :)