Australia

Chapter One Hundred and Twenty Five

Sams POV

I stood up; stretching my arms above my head and looking around the plane. Other people stood up and mimicked my action. Kids were being woken up, stewardesses and stewards finishing up clearing trays and the people in a rush making a beeline for the doorway. I took my time; pulling my hair into two pigtails with hair ties from my wrist. I dragged my fingers through my curls; they had grown a bit in the month. Maybe the sun did me some good. I picked up my carryon bag and slung it over my shoulder. I pulled my pigtails out from under it and slid my glasses back up my nose. I slid out from the seats and joined the queue off the plane.
The nerves grew. I was going to see them again. Kevin, Joe and Nick. I swallowed and fiddled with my pigtail. Am I really ready for this?

Joes POV

“Come on Nick!” I whined. “Drive faster!”

“Joe! Will you just calm down?” Nick argued. “You are the worst back seat driver in history!”
I sat back and pouted.

“It’s not my fault you drive like a grandma!” I said and crossed my arms across my chest.

“I do not,” I watched his eyes glance at me in the review mirror before turning back to the road. “I’m already doing 10 over the speed limit.”

“That’s not fast enough,” I huffed; leaning back in the seat. Frankie laughed beside me and I glared at him. “Traitor.”

“You should have driven then Joe,” Kevin told me from the passenger’s seat.

“I don’t want to be the one that has to park the car,” I smirked.

“What?” Nick exclaimed. “That’s why you made me drive? So you didn’t have to park the damn car?”

“Yep,” I nodded. “Now can you please just move faster? It’s a Saturday morning. There’s no one on the road.”

“Fine,” Nick snarled at me. “If you want fast, hold on.”

I looked at him incredulously. Nick looked around briefly before putting his foot down. I was pushed back into my seat and grabbed a hold of the handle on the door for support.

“See! Now this is what I’m talking about!” I yelled.

“We’re almost there anyway, Nick!” Kevin complained. “You can slow down now.”

“No! Don’t!” I argued; attempting to sit forward and stick my head between the seats. I failed.

Nick kept his speed. The trees and building that lined the street were almost a blur. I grinned at my brothers’ rebellious side. It’s definitely something he’ll be keeping from mum and dad.

“Alright, I’ll slow down now,” Nick told us and I felt the car gradually slow down. “It’s only around the next bend.”

I leaned forward excitedly and my grin spread wider when I spotted the airport opening up in front of us.

“Excited Joe?” Kevin asked me. I heard the sarcasm in his voice.

“Wouldn’t you be?” I replied; still grinning and not taking my eyes off the airport.

“How about you Nick?” Kevin asked.

“Yeah, I guess,” he replied after a moment.

“He’s scared Sam will kick his butt for not writing him over the winter,” I laughed.

“Not at all?” Kevin queried; leaning forward to look at Nick around me.

“Alright,” Nick sighed. “Tell the world Joe.”

“I have that power Nick,” I smiled sarcastically.

Nick shook his head and pulled the car around the front of the airport at the pickup and drop off zone and stopped because of a queue for the parking lot.

“Run guys!” I yelled loudly; leaning across Frankie and opening the door. “Go Frankie. Go!”

“Guys!” Nick yelled in objection,. “Kevin! Joe! Frankie!”

I just ran; ran in the direction of my girl, my sweetheart. Sam.

Nicks POV

After about 20 minutes of driving in circles I managed to find a parking spot at the back of the lot. I got out of the car quickly and closed and locked the door. I hate Joe. I do. I sighed in frustration and pulled out my blackberry. I tapped my way through my contacts list and hit call on Joe’s cell.

I waited a few moments and it started to ring. I walked slowly across the parking lot with my phone to my ear, listening to the annoying ringing on the other end.

”Hi, this is Joe. “I’m probably rocking out right now or something so I can’t come to the phone. Leave me a message and your number and I’ll call you back.”

I shook my head at Joe’s pathetic attempt at being cool; on his voicemail. I hit redial and waited again.

“Yes, dear brother?” Joe’s voice greeted me.

“I can’t believe you!” I told him angrily. “You just left me!”

I carefully crossed the crossing across the road that divided the carpark from the air port and made my way through the doors.

“I wanted to see Sam,” he replied cheerfully.

“And you think I didn’t want to see her?” I argued.

“Of course I know you want to see her,” he said; his cheery voice clearly unaffected by my tone. “I just wanted to see her more.”

I highly doubt that. I walked through the glass door of the large waiting area.

“Whatever,” I sighed. “Where are you guys anyway?”

“Look up,” Joe told me and I glanced upwards.

About 100 feet in front of me stood Kevin, Joe and Frankie. Joe stood with his phone to his ear, facing me. Beside him stood Sam with her back to me. She was dressed in dark blue jeans and a simple white tee shirt. I watched Joe point to me over Sam’s shoulder and she turned around. The biggest smile crossed her features and I couldn’t stop myself from smiling back at her.
She stepped over her suitcase and started running towards me. I hung up my phone and slid it into the front pocket of my jeans. I prepared myself for a tackle to the ground. I watched in anticipation. She jumped over other suitcases; her pigtails flying behind her. The smile never leaving her face. With one last dodge of an elderly gentleman she slowed her run down and threw herself at me; wrapping her arms tightly around my neck.

I quickly grabbed hold of her waist; holding her close to me. I grinned into her hair and squeezed her tightly.

“I missed you Nick!” she told me into my ear and I squeezed her even tighter.

“I missed you too Sam,” I smiled. “I really did.”

“Just remember,” she said. “The niceties are for the airport. I’m kicking your butt when we get home.”

I laughed softly. I didn’t want to let her go. She smelled just like I remember; fruity with a hint of tang. Her body was warm and slender. She felt thinner than before. She pulled away slightly and I reluctantly let go. She took a step back and I gave her the once over. The first thing I noticed was a pair of glasses. They were rectangular, black thin rimmed.

“You wear glasses now?” I asked.

“Yep,” she nodded. “Optometrist says I need them. But I do have contacts.”

I continued looking at her. She did look thinner then I remembered but only slightly. The Australian summer had done her good. My eyes wandered back to her face. Under the glasses, her eyes were sparkly blue. More freckles dusted her features and he skin was more tanned.

“You’re so brown,” I laughed.

“I know,” she agreed. “We need to get you out in the sun. You’re like a vampire or something.”

She grabbed my arm and pushed the sleeve of my jacket up a little, exposing my arm.

“See!” she said, putting her arm out beside mine to compare the tones. “You’re so pale!”

“It is winter right now,” I shrugged and pulled my sleeve down “Remember.”

“Yeah, I remember,” she nodded. “Going from hot weather to cold. My immune system is in for a shock.”

“I can keep you warm,” I mumbled and looked down.

She bent down slightly and caught my eye. She smiled.

“I know you can,” she agreed.

She ran her hand down my arm and held my cold hand in her warm one. Camera flashes made me jump and I dropped Sam’s hand.

“Alright,” Sam announced. “Time to go.”

She waved Joe and the guys over. Kevin picked up her suitcase and they made their way over.

“Paparazzi have got us,” I told Joe.

“We’ll shake ‘em,” he smirked. “Just let me drive.”

“Come on,” Kevin deterred cleverly. “We have a late Christmas dinner waiting for us at home.”

We started walking towards the exit. Joe held Sam’s hand and I took a gentle hold on Frankie’s wrist.

“On the count of three, we run. Nick you lead. You know where the car is,” Joe instructed in a hushed voice. “Are we ready?”

I glanced around and watched Kevin, Sam and Frankie nod before doing so myself.

“Okay,” Joe said. “One, two, three!”
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel like im always making excuses for not updating on time.
BUt i am really sorry this has taken so long.
First of all, ive been super busy with all this work stuff, and i got a new phone and using mibba on it uses so much of my downloads so i can only update from the computer.
The computer has been occupied by my brother for school.
So im really sorry, but anyway, what did you think of this chapter?
Not a hug fan myself. But, im not one to judge.
xo