Australia

Chapter One Hundred and Twenty Eight

Sams POV

With the dining room filled with jubilant laughter over the novelty gifts I had bought the boys, I noticed Nick being quiet. He stood on the other side of Frankie; leaning against the counter sipping a glass of orange juice. I glanced around briefly; watching Joe bat the corks on his hat and Kevin adjust the length of the straps on his suspenders. Paul was smelling the after shave I had bought him and shoving it under Frankie’s nose for him to smell and Denise was busying herself fawning over the necklace I had bought her. I got up from my seat besude Joe, as he turned to Kevin to help him with his suspenders. I walked over to

Nick and nudged him gently in the side.

“Hey,” I smiled at him.

“Hey,” he returned the smile and placed the now empty glass on the counter top.

“This is so cool,” I looked around at the smiling faces of the Jonas clan. “Reminds me of Christmas day with my family. We had so much wrapping paper.”

“Yeah, “ Nick nodded; half smiling. “I saw the photos. Im glad you stuck with the gift bags. Easier to tidy up that way.”

“Thats precisely why I did it,” I turned to look at him.

“So, can I give you your present now?” Nick asked me. I heard a slight nervousness in his voice.

“Sure,” I nodded happily. “Where is it?”

I cast my gaze around the dining room again; looking for an unopened package on a bench or on the dining table.

“Upstairs,” Nick nodded towards the kitchen door. “You room.”

“My gifts in my room?” I questioned.

Nick nodded and slid his palm onto the small of my back; guiding me to the kitchen door.

“We’ll be back,” Nick told Joe.

Joe looked up and smiled. Kevin reached up attempting to fiddle with the clasp on the suspenders. Joe slapped Kevins hand away and Kevin frowned.

“Where exactly is it in my room?” I questioned. I wanted a hint to what my present was.

‘You’ll see,” Nick told me. His voice and expression gave nothing away.

I frowned as Nick lead the way up the stairs. We walked slowly to my bedroom door. I leant forward; taking the door knob in my hand. Nick stopped me.

“Nope,” he shook his head. “Close your eyes.”

I frowned again and did what I was told. I heard him open the door and felt him nudge me forward gently; his hands were placed over my eyes.

“Alright,” Nick whispered in my ear. “I want your honest opinion okay?”

I nodded silently.

“Can I open my eyes now?” I asked hopefully.

I felt Nick move his hands away from my eyes.

“Okay,” he told me. “Open.”

I slowly opened my eyes; gasping and the shock made me take a step backwards; crashing into Nick. He rested his hands on my hips from behind. I was thankful; he was keeping me up right. i smiled around the room. It was positively beautiful. My room had been painted like my bedroom back at home in Australia; light purple walls and a crisp white ceiling. The furniture had been moved around slightly; the bed now sat under the window with the bedhead sitting against the window sill. The usual wooden four poster had been painted white. The bed was made; a deep purple bedspread covered it. At the end of the bed was a white chest and doning the windows were a pair of soft white lace curtains. I couldn’t remove the smile form my face. Nick shoved me gently leading me over to a full length mirror on the left hand side of bed. We stopped in front of it and I leaned closer to the photos that were stuck around the frame. They were of Tash, Jeremy and I from different times through high school and ones more recently from New Years and Christmas.

“Where’d you get all these?” I asked Nick; admiring the placement and structure of the photos.

“Myspace, Joe and Tash,” he answered.

Nick moved me again; taking me to one of the bedside tables. He leaned around; angling the large black picture frame towards me so I could see it. I picked it up. In it were three photos. One of Joe and I; smiling like fools on one of our outings. My hair was longer as was Joe’s and it looked like we were on the kids merrygoround thing at the park. The second was on my brother and I on Christmas day; he was grinning his toothy grin and I was smiling at the camera. The third and final was of Nick, Kevin and I. We were dressed in our finery from the Kids Choice Awards. I smiled at the photos and placed the frame back down on the bedside table.

“This is amazing, Nick,” I turned around and hugged him tightly around the middle. He had grown; that was for sure. My head sat against his chest. “Really and truely amazing.”

“There’s more,” he told me and I pulled away; looking up at him incredulously.

“More?” I queried. I shook my head smiling.

“Yep,” he grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the dressing table. “I know how you like your collages; so I made three. One of each of us brothers with you. Here’s Kevin.”

I grinned down at the photos of me and Kevin. We were either grinning, giving a thumbs up or making stupid faces at the camera. There was a few with us dressed up, a couple from karaoke nights and one right in the centre. We both were lying in the grass in the backyard; sunnies on our faces.

“I don't remember that one being taken,” I pointed to it.

“You wouldn’t,” Nick laughed. “You both had your eyes closed. Frankie took that photo.”

I frowned.

“At least its a nice photo,” I smiled at him.

“Alright,” Nick picked up the one of Kevin and placed it on the chair. “This one’s you and me.”

I gazed down art the multitude of photos of me and Nick. Ones from our day out, random photos I had taken of him when he was doing his school work and ones he had taken of me when I was eating or brushing my teeth. There were ones in snow gear, summer outfits and ones fom my birthday party. There was one that stood out. Right in the centre was a photo of me and Nick; at my birthday party I assumed. Nick’s hair was long, I was wearing my black dress and Nick’s tie sat loosely around his neck. With the way were standing and smiling, we looked like a couple. I cleared my throat and picked it up; placing it with Kevins.

“And this, is Joe. Obviously,” Nick explained.

I grinned down at the photos of Joe and I; decked in different outfits with different hairstyles. Different expressions on our faces and different poses. There were ones from kids choice, Halloween and photos from our days out. Ones in the sun and in the snow. Ones indoors and ones out doors. I smiled at the photo Nick had chosen for the centre. It was a photo from a day Joe and I had spent in the park and we were kissing.

“How’d you get that one?” I pointed to it and turned to Nick slightly.

“I asked Joe for photos of you and him,” Nick shrugged. “But of course that meant I had to tell him what they were for.”

“So, he knew?” I asked; turning to face him completely. I gained a nod in response.
I smiled and slid my arms around Nick’s middle.

“ This is incredible Nick; really something,” I told him; smiling into his shirt. “You thought of everything I could possibly want for Christmas and gave it to me.”

I felt him squeeze me tighter.

“You’re welcome Sam,” he answered. “Really. Im just really glad you like it.”

“How could I not?” I pulled away and looked him in the eye. “This room is beautiful, the photos, the memories and the collages. You know me so well Nicholas Jonas.”

Nick smiled at me; his face going slightly pink.

“I have to tell everyone what you did,” I announced. “I need to show them this room.”
I let Nick go and flounced over to the door.

“Wait,” Nick called; but I ignored him.

I skipped over to the stairs and leaned over the banister. The family was almost all seated in the living room.

“Joe,” I called out. “You guys really have to see this.”

“See what?” Kevin asked; rising from his spot on the couch.

“My present,” I urged. “Come on.”

I waited at the top of the stairs as the family made their way up them. I seized Joe’s hand almost immediately and dragged him in the direction of my bedroom. I pulled him inside and he; as well as his family stopped dead in their tracks.

“Nick?” Joe looked at his brother. Nick stood by the dressing table where I left him. His face a hue of pink. “You did this?”

Nick nodded almost unnoticeably. Joe walked over to him and pulled him into a tight hug.

“You are awesome little bro,” he told him.

“This is so cool,” Frankie exclaimed. He ran over and plopped down down onto the bed; bouncing a few times. He spotted the photos on the beside table and picked it up. He tilted his head at it. “Hey! This kid sorta looks like me.”

He held up the photo and pointed to Mark. He grinned identically to him and we all laughed. Frankies teeth had come in a little more then Mark’s had, but the resemblance was uncanny.

“You have definitely been busy my son,” Paul nodded to Nick.

“Its lovely,” Denise smiled. She walked over; running her hand over the bed spread and admiring the curtains.

“And all I got her was a guitar,” Kevin frowned.

“What do you mean, “all you got me?” I asked him; shocked. “That guitar is absolutely gorgeous. And if you haven’t noticed, it totally goes with the colour scheme in this room.”
I wrapped my arms around Kevins waist and hugged him. The room was throw into a brief silence before Nick spoke again.

“There’s one more thing,” he told the room in a soft voice.

“More?” I asked him. “What could you possibly have down that could top this?”

Nick walked slowly towards me; extracting something from his front pocket. I let go of Kevin and stepped up to meet him. Joe slowly moved to stand beside Kevin. The rest of the Jonas clan stood in a small group; while Nick and I held position in the centre of the room.
I heard Nick inhale deeply.

“Nick?” I asked cautiously. “What is it?’

He closed his eyes slowly and opened them. He looked up and held out the paper. I unfolded it and written inside was an address; the address of a property in Houston. I turned it over and checked the back before looking back up at Nick; confused.

“What’s this?” I asked him.

He smiled ever so slightly before taking one more step towards me.

“It’s the address of a Mr James Riley,” Nick told me in a soft voice.

My eyes snapped up and I looked at Nick. I felt tears welling up in my eyes.

“What?” I asked; my voice no higher then a whisper.

“It’s your dads address Sam,” Nick replied. “I found your dad.”

My breathing became rapid as my eyes filled with tears and spilled over the sides. I couldn’t believe it. Nick had found my dad? How? How did he...? I looked up and Nick. He was watching me. A grin spread out across my lips and I threw myself into Nicks arms. He staggered backwards slightly. I held him around the neck tightly and he wrapped his arms around my waist.

“Oh Nick,” I said; the excitement evident in my voice. “This is just; beyond amazing. Thank you, thank you, thank you! You have no idea what this means. Oh my gosh.”

I let go of Nick and moved to hug Joe.

“He found my dad,” I almost squealed in Joes ear. “Nick found my dad, Joe.”

“I heard sweetie,” Joe answered. “I guess my present will come in handy then wont it?”

I nodded quickly; grinning still. I pulled out of the hug and kissed Joe on the lips before going back to wrap my arms around Nicks middle. I held him close to me; my ear resting over his heart. It was thudding loudly.

“I already called him,” Nick informed me. ‘He’s expecting you on the sixth of February. He said he can have you there for a week; because theyre getting in a some more horses on the 15th.”

“You're going to come with me right?” I looked up and Nick hopefully.

“What?” Nick looked at me with wide eyes. “But, I thought...”

“Dude,” Joe stepped up. “You got her this amazing gift. You should at least share it with her.”

“Alright,” Nick agreed and I smiled. “I’ll come.”

“Hold on,” Joe held up his hand. “That means you wont be here for Valentines right?”

“No,” I shook my head. I hadn’t even thought about it. “But! We can celebrate the day I come back.”

I moved to hug Joe again; smothering his cheeks with small kisses.

“Okay, okay,” Joe laughed. “Thats sounds awesome.”

I stepped back; realizing I was in the middle of a circle. I glanced around at my second family.

“This has been the best Christmas ever,’ I told them; my grin spreading from ear to ear.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright. I hope you guys enjoyed these three updates.
Comment and let me know please!
:)