Australia

Chapter One Hundred and Twenty Nine

Sams POV

I had unpacked and packed my belongings about four times since Nick had given me the address of my dads property. I didn’t know what to take with me, what not to take with me and what I would actually need while I was there. I had a pair of jeans for everyday whilst I was gone as well as coordinating shirts and long sleeved tops to go with them. I had all the essential underwear and other under stuff and about 2 dozen pairs of socks. I had included both winter and summer pajamas; mainly consisting of trackies or shorts teamed with a singlet or short sleeve tee shirt. I had made sure to buy a pair of boots because I didn't think flats or converses would work out in the land.

Nick had been coming in and out of my room all morning; making sure I had everything since we were leaving after lunch today. He kept asking if I had enough of everything. I started off answering him; continuing with simply nodding and gesturing to my suitcase when it started to get annoying. I was nervous about spending the week with just Nick. I didn’t know why; Joe and I had been Inseparable since I came back from Australia with Nick and I settling into safe friends only territory.

I couldn’t help butstill feel something for Nick. I guess the phrase “absence makes the heart grow fonder” applies here. Its just, its grown fonder for the wrong brother. I frowned when I heard a knock at the door.

“Nick,” I sighed. “I have everything; you can stop asking.”

I zipped up my suitcase and turned to face the door as it opened. Joe stepped through with his hands behind his back.

“Oh, sorry,” I smiled. “I thought you were Nick. He’s been coming in and out all morning.”

“I know,” he moved towards me slightly. “But, are you sure you have everything?”

“Yep,” I nodded. “Positive.”

“100% sure?” Joe asked.

“Why?” I looked at him suspiciously.

“I bought you something,” Joe smirked.

“Oh, did you now?” I asked; returning the smirk.

Joe nodded and pulled out the object from behind his back. He held a white cowboy hat in his hands. I smiled down at it.

“It’s really pretty and so white,” I smiled up at Joe. "Thank you Joe."

He lifted the hat and popped it on my head. I tilted my head to the side and smiled again.

“My adorable little cow girl,” Joe grinned and leaned down to kiss me on the lips.

I leaned away; stepping around him and closing the bedroom door. I turned back to him; smirking.

“I have wanted to kiss you like this since I got back,” I told him; my voice slightly husky.

I walked towards him slowly; trailing my hands from his stomach, up to his chest and coming to rest on either side of his face. I smiled softly; placing my lips over his. I felt him smile. Our mouths massaged each others; Joe’s hands finding their way to my hips and pulling him against him. Simultaneously, we opened our mouths slightly; tongues battling for dominance. Joe won; his tongue exploring my mouth as it did for the first time. i draped my arms over the top of Joe’s shoulders; locking them together behind his head. Our mouths moved in sync; my breathing becoming irregular. I was telling Joe the truth when I said I had wanted to kiss him like this since I got back; I had. I had been craving him. When breathing became a problem, we broke apart. I smiled up at Joe and he grinned.

“I missed that,” Joe sighed.

“So did I,” I replied; taking a deep breath.

I laughed and wiped off the residue of lip balm that was on the side of Joe’s lips.

“Sam?” Joe said softly.

“Yeah?” I smiled.

“I love you,” Joe smiled.

I caressed his cheek beneath my hand softly; smiling at him.

“I love you too,” I answered.

“Just remember that, when you’re away with Nick at your dads yeah?”

I dropped my hand; taken aback by Joe’s request. What did he think I was going to do; jump Nick’s bones as soon as I got the chance?

“What? What makes you even think to say something like that?” I asked.

Joe shrugged and I frowned at him.

“Joe, what do you think would possibly happen?” I asked. I ran my hand down his arm and grabbed his hand. “I love you, remember?”

Joe nodded; smiling slightly.

“Don't be paranoid Joe,” I told him and I held my my left hand; showing him my ring clad finger. “That’s why you gave me this.”

“I know,” Joe smiled for real now. “Thank you Sam.”

Joe pulled me into a hug and someone knocked on the door.

“Come in,” I called; pulling free from Joe’s embrace.

“Hey,” Nick stepped through the door with a smile on his face. “Oh hey, Joe.”

“Hey Nick,” Joe smiled; a protective arm still around my waist.

“What’s up?” I asked him.

‘It’s lunch time,” Nick replied; looking at his watch for confirmation. “Time to go if we want to beat the afternoon rush hour.”

“Alright,” I nodded. “Gimme a second.”

“Okay,” Nick smiled again. “Ill take your case and mine down to your jeep. Are you driving or am i?”

“You can drive,” I grinned at him.

“Deal,” Nick agreed. He walked past Joe and I and picked up my suitcase; traipsing back through the door.

“I’ll meet you outside,” he popped his head back through the door and popped a black cowboy hate similar to mine on top of his curls.

I turned back to Joe; confused.

“Yeah,” Joe nodded; his gorgeous cheeky smile plastered on his face. “I bought Nick one too.”

I laughed at him and shook my head.

“Nice touch,” I grinned. ‘We better get going.”

I slid my hand into Joe’s and walked us out of my room. Kevin stopped us in the hall.

“Gimme a hug Sam!” he enveloped me. “You behave okay? Don’t harass any horses, or your father for that matter.”

I laughed at Kevin.

“I promise Kevin,” I smiled. “I’ll behave. “

"Can i talk to Sam alone for a second, Joe?" Kevin requested.

"Sure," Joe shrugged and walked away slightly.

Kevin pulled me into his bedroom. I crossed my arms and looked at him; curious.

"Are you going to be alright with it being, you know, just you and Nick there?" Kevin asked. "You won't have me to kick your butt back into line; or his."

"I'll be fine, Kevin," I assured him.

"I mean, i know you love Joe and all," Kevin sighed. "But, i just wanted to be sure."

"I appreciate the concern. Kev really," i smiled at him.

"Alright then, well, you have fun," Kevin smiled now; hugging me once more.

"I will," i returned the smile and walked back to Joe.

"What was that about?" he asked; slipping his hand into mine.

"Nothing important," i smiled up at him. i didn't want Joe knowing that Kevin was warning me off Nick in his offbeat, older brother type of way. That would just make him more worried.

"Okay," he smiled.

“Sam!” I heard Nicks voice call me from down stairs.

“I’m coming, I’m coming,” I told him; wandering down the stairs.

I stopped at the bottom and looked up and Joe.

“I feel like I;m always saying goodbye to you,” I smiled sadly.

“This time its only a see you later,” Joe smiled in return. “You’ll be back in a week.”

He pulled me into him; hugging me tightly around the waist. We broke from the hug and he walked me to the front door; his arm still around my waist. I stepped away from him; walking around to the passengers side of my jeep which suddenly felt foreign given that it was opposite to other cars in the US. I climbed up and into the seat and closed the door. Joe leaned on the side of the car with his elbows.

“Drive carefully Nick,” Joe instructed. “Be careful on the highway and please don’t annoy or give a bad impression for Sam's dad,”

“I wont,” Nick nodded and started the jeep.

“Bye guys,” Joe smiled; stepping back from the jeep.

Nick changed the gear into reverse and reversed out into the almost empty street. He changed gears into first and pulled away from the house. I turned in my seat and waved back to Joe. Once Joe was out of sight, I turned back to face forward.

“Hey Nick?” I said; taking off my hat and placing it in my lap. I pulled Nick’s off too; adding it to mine.

“Yes Sam?” Nick replied; pulling to a stop at the traffic lights before the turn off to the highway.

“Can we make an agreement right here?”

“What about?”

“Whatever happens in Houston stays in Houston?”

“What do you mean?”

“Like, if I fall off a horse, or step in horse crap or something,” I cringed at the thought. “We forget it happened once we come home.”

“Alright, deal,” Nick held out his hand and I took it. We shook hands. “Whatever happens in Houston, stays in Houston.”

I smiled at Nick; plugging my ipod into the stereo system. I put all my songs on shuffle; Fireflies by Owl City started playing through the speakers. Nick turned the corner; pulling out onto the high way. This was a great start to a big adventure.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's another one for all you fine people.
90 subscribers? really?
You are all amazing. <333
Comments?
xo