Australia

Chapter One Hundred and Thirty Two

Sam’s POV

With my eyes still closed, I stretched my arms toward the celing. I rubbed my eyes with the heals of my hands and sat up. I opened my eyes and found myself smiling at the sight. Nick; curled up beside me. He was facing me; the blanket pulled up to his neck. His expression was soft and his breathing was regular. His curls were untidy on his head. He looked so; cute. I reached out; stroking his cheek ever so gently; the soft skin warm against my fingertips. I smiled again and turned away; sliding out of bed and heading to the bathroom.

After doing what was necessary I walked back to the bedroom; Nick was still lying how he was before I left. Bit my lip and climbed back into the bed; pulling the blnkets up identical to how Nick had them. I lay there and watched him. I watched his shoulder rise with each breath he took and a slight smile formed on his face.

“Stop watching me, Sam,” Nick said.

I blushed at being busted; turning onto my back. I turned my face to look at him. he half laughed and propped up on both elbows.

“Want to go get some breakfast? I asked him and he nodded in response.

“So, am I interesting to watch?” he smirked.

“Not interesting,” I replied; sliding out of bed and walking to the door. Nick pushed the blankets back off him and stood to his feet. I stopped at the door and turned back to face him. “Just cute.”

I watched Nick smile and look at the floor. I skipped over and grabbed his hand.

“Come on you big dork!” I tugged on his hand and led him downstairs.

Nick’s POV

I would be lying if I said I didn’t like holding Sam’s hand and as cliche as this sounds, it fits. She dragged me down the hall way and down the stairs. She let go of my hand as we entered the kitchen. Chris looked up from his position on one of the benches and shook his head.

“Dad’s not too happy with you,” he said flatly.

“Why not?” Sam asked; sitting across from Chris. I slid in beside her.

“Because, he told Nick to sleep on the couch,” he answered. “He wakes up and Nick’s not there.”

“Chris,” Sam sighed. “Me and Nick are just friends. I’m dating Joe.”

“Oh, really?” Chris sat up and pushed his bowl away from him. He picked something up from the bench beside him and slapped it on to the table in front of Sam and I. “That’s not what this is saying.”

Sam frowned and slid the magazine Chris had presented towards us.

“Turn to page six,” Chris instructed.

I flipped the page and stopped on six. I gaped slightly at the page. It was photos from the airport when Sam came back from Australia. There was a few of us hugging on the left page and running along the side of the article was a photo of Sam and I holding hands; facing each other. We were looking at each other, both with the slightest smiles on our face. I remembered the feeling of the butterflies taking off in my stomach when she had smiled at me like that.

“Oh,” Sam said softly. “What does the article say?”

“Read it,” Chris said; he stood up and rinsed his bowl in the sink. He leaned against it; his arms crossed facing Sam and i.

“I’ll read it,” I offered. I slid the magazine closer to me and hunched over it. I read it out loud for Sam to hear.

”Is Sam Riley diddling more than one Jonas Brother?”

“Diddling?!” Sam exclaimed; disgusted. “Are they kidding me?”

She snatched the magazine from me and looked at it. She screwed her face up and slammed it back on the table.

“Sorry Nick,” she told me; her voice montone. “Please continue.”

With a glance at Sam, I continued.

”It looks as if Samantha Riley, 18, girlfriend of teen heart throb Joe Jonas has a boy toy in the form of Joe’s younger brother, Nick. Riley and the younger Jonas, 16, were spotted sharing close embraces and holding hands at Dallas Airport on January 27.

I wonder what Joe would have to say about this slowly blooming relationship? By the looks of things, the way these two look at each other, it goes deeper then just a friendly brother/brothers girlfriend relationship.
What are your views readers?
Then it goes on and provides an email address for their readers to email in their opinions.”

I turned to face Sam who was frowning; her face sullen.

“Sam,” I closed the magazine. “Don't worry. This is some gossip rag. No one takes this seriously.”

Chris picked up the magazine and scanned through it. he folded it and placed it back in front of us.

“A poll? Theyre not serious.” I shook my head.

“Who do you think Sam Riley looks best with?” Sam whined. “They’re really milking three photos aren’t they?”

I watched Sam as she folded her arms on the table and rested her forehead on them. I draped my arms across her shoulders and rubbed her arm comfortingly.

“It’s alright, Sam,” I assured this. “None of this matters. Its irrelevant. You’re dating Joe. We know that, he knows that. That's all that matters.”

She shifted her head to look at me.

“I know,” she turned up the side of her mouth in an uncommitted smile. God. What will Joe think when he see’s this?”

“He knows the situation,” I shrugged and flipped back to the page with the photos. “He knows that those pictures were taken at the airport after you came home from Australia. He knows you’re my best friend and that I missed you. He knows what we are Sam, and he knows what we”re not.”

“Whose not what exactly?” James’ voice joined mine in the kitchen.

“Dad,” Sam sat up. “I want you to know Nick and I didn’t mean to, you know, break your rules or disrespect you in anyway.”

I looked up at James slowly; nodding my head in agreement of what Sam was saying.

“Besides, I think you’ve got your lines crossed somewhere,” she explained. “I’m not dating Nick. I’m dating Joe; his big brother.”

“I understand that,” James nodded. “But still, this is my house and I don’t want two people of the opposite sex sleeping together.”

“You can trust us, Dad,” Sam breathed.

“Sam’s right, sir,” I butt in. I bit my lip. “I’m, um, not even interested in Sam like that.”

I felt Sam’s eyes on me s I spoke. She knew I was lying or bending the truth. i would have to explain to her why. I would have to tell her waking up next to her made me feel. How happy I felt knowing that how happy I make her isn’t a dream. That even if this is only going to be for a week, waking up to her every day would mean everything to me.

“I see,” James looked from me to Sam and back again.

“But, if you would prefer that I sleep on the couch for the duration of the stay, I will,” I told him. I held his strong gaze.

“I would,” James told me. “But, I don’t see the harm in you sharing a bed if its necessary.”

“Point noted,” I smiled at him.

“So, new subject,” James smiled now. “What’s your plans for today?”

“I was hoping to maybe, explore?” Sam smiled hopefully.

“I’d love to show you around, But it’s raining at the moment,” James’ smile faltered slightly.

“Oh,” Sam frowned. “What are we going to do then?”

“We have board games,” Chris offered sarcastically.

I looked up as he eyed me; he had obviously read up on me prior to our visit. He knew how I felt about board games. They bored me; greatly.

“Board games it is,” I agreed.

“Excellent,” Sam smiled.

“But first, you two get some breakfast in you,” James instructed. “I’ll go break out the monopoly.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments please? :)