Australia

Chapter One Hundred and Thirty Four

Nick’s POV

The loud rumble of thunder shook me out of my sleep. I opened my eyes and looked around at my surroundings. The fire had gone out and the candles were still burning on the mantle. I tried to sit up; something weighed my down. I looked down and found Sam still curled into my side. Her eyes were closed and her breathing steady, so I assumed she was still asleep. I tilted my hand in an attempt to get the candle light to show the time on my watch. 1.24am. I frowned in worry. Had James and Chris come home or had they stayed in town over night? Surely, if they had indeed cam home they would’ve woken Sam and I up and sent us to bed. I looked back down at Sam. The angle she was lying was bound to give her a sore neck or back in the morning. I thought for a moment. She would be much more comfortable upstairs. I sat up properly; causing Sam to slide down a little onto my leg. I smiled at her still sleeping form. She is definitely a heavy sleeper.

“Sam sweetie?” I whispered; shaking her shoulders a little. “I need a little bit of consciousness.”

“Mhm,” she mumbled almost silently.

I took hold of one of her arms and draped it around my neck; I stooped down so it wasn’t such a stretch. I shifted slightly; supporting Sam back with one arm. I moved onto my knees and removed the blanket from over us both. I maneuvered my arm under Sam's knees and very slowly I adjusted her carefully and comfortably in my arms. Lightening flashed as I put one foot flat on the floor and lifted Sam up; standing up properly as I did so. I shifted her again and her head slumped sidewards onto my shoulder. I smiled and made my way to the mantle; leaning over Sam's body and blowing out the candles. I then walked slowly; making my way to the stairs and climbing them one at a time. Sam stirred.

“Mhm,” she sighed. “Where am I going?”

“We’re going to bed,” I whispered.

“That’s nice,” her voice was small and her head slumped again.

I nudged the bedroom door with my hip and walked around to her side of the bed. I lay her down carefully and pulled the blankets up over her. I walked over to the other side and climbed in myself; lying close to Sam and pulling the blankets up over me. I slid down a bit and lay my head on the pillow; looking at the ceiling. I watched Sam squirm while a flash of lightening illuminated the room; a now distant thunder rumble following. She moved closer to me and rested her head on my arm. I moved it; lifting it up off the bed and she moved closer. She lay one of her arms across my stomach beneath the blankets; over the small strip of skin that sliding down had created. She nuzzled her head against my chest and I smiled; wrapping my arm around her body and holding her close.

“Goodnight Sammy,” I whispered.

Sam’s POV

I inhaled deeply; the scents of Nick’s deodorant/cologne hitting me like a brick wall. I opened my eyes immediately and found myself staring at a gray tank top clad chest, rising and falling ever so slowly. I leaned up slightly. Nicks eyes were still closed and his head was tilted slightly in my direction. I sat up and looked around. How’d I get in bed; with Nick? I frowned and stretched my arms above my head and rested back against the head board. I remember lying downstairs against Nick, in front of the fireplace. I must have fallen asleep down there and Nick brought me up here. I looked over at Nick. He had one arm tucked under the pillow and the blankets stopped in the middle of his chest. I watched his face; it was soft. I smiled at just how cute he was.

I pushed my thoughts about Nick aside; unsuccessfully.i wanted to lie back down beside him. I had a desire to grazing my thumb across the soft skin of his cheek; to lay so close that our noses were practically touching. I really wanted to kiss those soft pink lips. I wanted to remember what kissing Nick felt like. I missed it. I mentally slapped myself.

”You’re dating Joe! Don’t be so promiscuous! Choose one.”

“I can’t,” I whispered in response to my mind.

“Can’t what?” Nick spoke softly followed by a small yawn.

I looked over and smiled at him. His eyes were still sleepy and hooded; a small pout sat on his lips. I pushed the want to kiss him out of my mind again.

“Nothing,” I smiled. “How’d you sleep?”

“Good,” he moved and rested is head on my leg. He lay properly on his back again. “That is once we moved up here.”

“Yeah. I was going to ask you about that actually,” I stated. I started playing with the curls that sat on his forehead.

“What about it?” he tipped his head back and looked at me upside down.

“How did we get up here exactly?” I asked.

“I woke up at around half one,” Nick shrugged and smiled. “You looked uncomfortable and I was uncomfortable so I carried you up here.”

“You carried me?” I stopped playing with his hair and looked at him.

“You aren’t exactly heavy Sam,” he told me. “Besides, I am pretty strong.”

“I believe you,” I smiled. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome,” he returned the smile. “Has the storm passed?”

“From the looks of things, yes,” I answered looking out the window. “Was my dad home when you woke up earlier?”

“I didn’t check,” Nick replied. “But it’s still pretty quiet down there.”

“Yeah, it is,” I frowned. “Maybe they had to stay in town.”

“Do you have any messages on your phone?” Nick asked. “From your dad, I mean?”

I leaned over to the beside table and Nick sat up. I pulled out my phone and slid the bar to unlock it. It informed me that I had 3 new text messages.

“I’ve got three messages,” I told Nick.

“From?” he questioned. He leaned closer to me so he could see the phone.

“There’s two from Joe and one from my dad,” I told him.

“What’s the one from your dad say?”

Sam. The Major put stranded people up in a motel overnight. Once the roads are clear we’ll be able to come home. Take care of yourself and Nick. Feel free to go out on the trails with the horses in the stalls if you’ve got nothing else to do. They’re friendly enough. Have fun and I’ll see you tomorrow. Dad,” I turned and faced Nick. “I got that a little after midnight.”

“At least they’re safe,” Nick smiled.

“True,” I agreed. I went back and read the texts from Joe.

Hey Sammy. I hope you had a fun reunion with your Dad. What’d you get up to today? The weather channel said it was raining over your way. Well, I miss you. Alot. I love you Sam.

I smiled at the message and opened the other one.

Hey again, honey bee. Just checking in to see what you’re up to today. It’s so boring here without you. Hanging with the Frankster can only be handled in small doses. I miss you and love you and I wish you were coming home sooner. Xo.

I smiled at the messages before deleting them.

“So, what do you want to do today?” Nick sat up and lay his head on my shoulder.

“Well, its gray and overcast, but it’s not raining,” I shrugged.

“Do you want to take up your dad’s offer of taking the horses out?” Nick offered.

“I’d like that actually,” I smiled. “But, can we take our guitars? I’d like to stop and maybe, jam with you.”

“Sounds good to me,” Nick sat up and tossed the blankets back. “Maybe we could even write something together or something.”

“See! That’d be awesome,” I exclaimed. “We should get dressed then.”

I hopped out of bed and wandered over to my suitcase. I pulled out a pair of my baggier blue jeans and a thee quarter sleeve tee shirt.

“What do you want to wear?” I asked Nick. I moved to his suitcase and started digging through.

“Just chuck me a pair of black jeans and a white vneck,” he shrugged and I fulfilled his request; throwing the items at the bed.

I stood up and walked to the bed and dropped my clothes on to it. I looked at Nick.

“Um, can you like, turn around or something?” I asked and laughed nervously.

“Oh, right! sorry.” Nick slid to the edge of the bed and sat there.

I watched him pull the gray singlet over his head before turning around. I pulled my track pants off quickly and pulled on my jeans. I lifted the singlet I was wearing over my head and pulled on my top; adjusting the sleeves so they were even on my forearms. I turned back around as Nick was buttoning his jeans. He looked up slowly and caught my eye. He smiled.

“Breakfast?” he offered.

“Breakfast.”
♠ ♠ ♠
There we go.
Another update for you fine folk.
Thank you for all the commenters. it means so much.
Comments on this one?
:)