Australia

Chapter One Hundred and Thirty Seven

Sam’s POV

It was the two days later that I got my chance to talk to Chris. Nick and I hadn’t brought up the events in the barn. We just didn’t talk about. We hung out, we talked, w played board games and went for horse rides with Chris and Dad. we went to the markets and had yogurt and bought cheesy little dream catchers. Nick bought me a knotted brown leather bracelet. It was absolutely gorgeous. He had smiled so sweetly when he tied it on my wrist. The only time Nick and I spent alone was right before we went to sleep and right after we woke up and I had made sure of it. I didn’t want to hurt him; so hanging out as we usually would kept him content.

We had kissed three times since the barn though; admittedly all provoked by me. They weren’t with the intensity that the one in the barn had. They were soft pecks with lingering lips; once before sleep, once when we woke up and one quick one when we were left alone in the kitchen. It was exciting sneaking around; but the guilt was finally setting in.

We were sitting around the kitchen table discussing dinner as we usually did. We had decided on pizza and I suggested that Nick went with Dad to give him a chance to get to know him properly.

“Are you sure you want Nick to go with dad, Sam?” Chris asked me.

“Positive,” I smiled. “Besides, I’d like to hang with my big bro alone even if its only for about half an hour.”

“Alright,” Nick shrugged. “I have no problem with that.”

“It’s settled then,” I smiled. “No go. I’m starving.”

My dad laughed and got to his feet; picking up his keys off the kitchen bench.

“In that case,” he laughed. “Let’s go Nick.”

“okay,” Nick stood up. “I’ll see you when we get back.”

Chris and I followed Nick and Dad out. We cam to a stop at the porch and watched them climb into dad’s truck. Dad reversed and turned the car around; pulling away from the house. I crossed my arms across my chest.

“Chris?” I said softly.

“Mhm?” Chris turned to me.

“Can, can I talk to you?”

“Yeah of course,” he replied.

I heard the concern in his voice.

“What’s up sis?” he asked.

I turned and lead the way into the living room and plonked down on the couch. Chris followed sitting beside me. I turned sideways; bending one knee up under me. Chris sat on an angle.

“I guess, you could say I'm confused,” I sighed.

“About?” he asked; then his eyes widened and he looked me at me. “Sis. If you’re a lesbian or something; thats totally cool with me.”

“Oh goodness no,” I shook my head. “That’d be too easy. In fact, I wish I was to be honest.”

“You do?” Chris half laughed.

I looked at him; cocking my eyebrow. He cleared his throat and put on a serious face.

“Yeah,” I nodded. “it’d be simpler than feeling the way I do.”

“Explain.”

“Alright,” I took a deep breath. “You know how I’m dating Joe right?”

“Yeah.”

“And that I'm in love with Joe right?”

“Yes Sam.”

“Well, I think I might be feeling the same way about Nick,” I bit my lip and slowly rose my eyes to Chris’.

“I see,” he pressed his lips into a firm line.

“Yeah,” I sighed. “It’s the most confusing feeling ever.”

“I can see why,” he agreed. “Who do you like more?”

“See! that’s my problem,” I turned and face forward; leaning my back against the back of the couch. “I don’t know. They’re completely different; but both the same in some ways too.”

“Let’s break this down shall we?” Chris rested his elbows on his knees and pressed his palms together; his lips resting at the top of his fingers. “Tell me what you like about Joe.”

“Where do I even start?” I smiled. “He’s amazing. He knows how to make me laugh. He knows how to make me smile. He has the biggest heart. He has a smile that makes me go weak at the knees. His physical appearance is well, nothing short of perfect. I feel safe in his arms; like nothing can touch me. And, most of all he loves me.”

“Now, tell me what you like about Nick,” Chris ordered.

“Well, the most important thing to me about Nick is that he understands me,” I started. “He knows exactly how I feel in so many situations. He can read me like a book. He knows what my heart wants. He knew that needed to find you and dad and thats what he gave me. When he smiles at me with those perfectly imperfect teeth my hearts skips a beat. His curls are spectacular. His hugs are amazing. Everything about Nick is amazing.”

I looked at Chris and he smirked at me.

“Now, what do they have in common? What’s special about the both of them?”

“Who are you? Doctor Phil?” I laughed.

“Sam,” Chris threatened.

“Fine,” I sighed. “Their eyes. They both have such a depth to them. If you look into Joe’s eyes you can see the deepest reaches of his soul. If you look into Nick’s you can see exactly what he’s feeling. I feel safe with both with them; like, they wont let anything happen to me. They would do anything to protect me. But, most of all their hearts. They both have the biggest hearts and they both care about me so much.”

“I’ve been in that situation once too,” Chris told me.

“What happened?” I asked.

“It was senior year,” he explained. “Their names were Alicia and Nicole. I liked them both and I was seeing both of them, kind of.’

“Who’d you end up with?”

“Neither of them,” he shrugged.

“Oh,” I frowned and studied my hands.

“Look, I’ll pose the question to you again,” Chris leaned closer to me. “Who do you like more?”

“I think i like....”

“We’re back!” Dads voice boomed through the house.

I sighed. Typical. A man is only ever on time when we don’t need them. I stood up and walked through to the kitchen; Chris following me. I looked up and Nick smiled at me as he slid two pizza boxes onto the table. I returned his smile and sat down at the table.

Nick’s POV

“Oh, I am so stuffed,” Chris sighed and pushed his plate of pizza crusts away. “Seriously. I have never been so full.”

“I’m with you on that man,” I agreed and gulped down the last of my diet coke.

“Same,” Sam yawned; dropping a half eaten slice on her plate. “That was so good though. I haven’t had pizza in ages.”

“What do you eat at the Jonas household?” James asked her.

“Whatever Denise cooks that night,” she shrugged. “Or, if we’re out whatever the closest restaurant or fast food outlet has to offer.”

“Cool,” Chris nodded.

Sam stifled another yawn. I yawned as well.

“Gosh Sam,” I complained. “Quit yawning! You're making me yawn.”

“Sorry,” she said. “I don’t know why I’m so tired.”

“You can head up to bed if you want,” James told her.

“It’s only 8pm,” Sam responded.

“So?” I said. “If you’re tired; you should sleep.”

“Maybe,” she yawned again. “Alright definitely. Nick; will you come up too?”

“If you want me to,” I smiled.

“I do,” she smiled slightly.

“Alright,” I smiled again.

Sam stood up and picked up both hers and my plate and placed them in the sick.

“Goodnight, Daddy,” she kissed her dads cheek. “Goodnight Chris.”

“Goodnight,” I nodded. “Don't worry. I wont kiss you.”

We laughed and Sam and I stepped through the doorway. She waited until we were clear before grabbing my hand and pulling me up the stairs.

“Whats the rush?” I laughed.

She didn’t answer. Instead she just kept pulling me; tugging my hand when I slowed down. When we reached the bedroom, she slowed down; closing the door behind us. She leaned in and gave me a soft peck on the lips.

“I just wanted to give you that,” she smiled. “That's all.’

“Oh,” I smiled. “Well, in that case, can I give you one back?”

She smiled in response and I kissed her softly on the lips.

“Now,” she said. “Bed time.”

She walked over to her case and pulled out her track suit pants and a big teeshirt. I watched her. She pulled her shirt over her head and pulled the other one on. It wasn’t till she dropped her pants to the floor that I turned away; blushing like mad. I unbuttoned my jeans also and dropped them to the floor; kicking them away. I quickly pulled on my own pair of sweat pants.

“Nice boxers,” Sam giggled.

“Shh!” I hushed her and glared.

I turned back around and watched as she walked to the bed and jumped in; pulling the blankets up over her head. I grinned and slid in under the blankets. My hands found her ribs and I tickled her. She squirmed and laughed. Her head popped up from under the blankets.

“No fair,” she frowned.

“Yes fair,” I grinned.

“Come here you,” she slid her fingers to the back of my head and pulled me towards her again. She pushed her lips against mine quickly and pulled away; stifling a yawn.

She looked at me with tired, puppy eyes and I smiled.

“Go to sleep Sam,” I whispered. “Ill be here when you wake up.”

She smiled and let her eyes slide close. I watched as her breathing quickly became steady and her face grew peaceful. I sat up wit my back against the headboard watching her. A smile spread across my face slowly and an idea came to mind. I slid carefully out of bed and walked to my suitcase. I pulled out my notebook and my pencils. I tiptoed back to the bed and slid back in. I pulled the blankets over my legs. I brought my knees up a little as an impromptu desk and set my notebook down. With one last glance at Sam; my muse, my inspiration, I place the lead against the paper and started to write.
♠ ♠ ♠
And there's another one for you fine people. :)
Same deal as last chapter lease.
If you read, and are a subscriber please let me know who you are if that's okay.
:) Comments!!!?