Australia

Chapter One Hundred and Thirty Nine

Nick’s POV

Ever since I had sung that song to Sam she hadn’t left my side. It was like she finally understands how I feel and deep in my gut, I knew that she felt the same as I do. She held my hand and kissed my cheek when no one was looking. We hugged and slept curled in each others arms last night after she had kissed me with the same amount of passion as we shard in the barn.i was falling for her; I knew this much was true.

I was getting darker outside and I storm was laying heavily into the area. The thunder and lightning had started about half an hour ago; meanwhile the rain had been pelting the house all day.

We’re currently sitting on our bed; I like calling it our bed. Both of us looking out the window watching the lightning light up the sky. Sam’s sitting between my legs; her back resting against my torso. She was sitting slightly on an angle; I could see her face every time the lightning flashed. She seemed enthralled int he storm; smiling each and every time the lightning lit up the sky. She was so adorable in that way; sometimes the smallest things excited her. I wrapped my arms around her middle and started drumming my thumbs on her tummy beneath the blankets. She laughed lightly and turned her head up to look at me; smiling. I tilted my head a little and leaned down to kiss her. Sam leaned away form me and I frowned.

“What?” I questioned.

“Nothing,” she shrugged.

I leaned in again; slower this time. she turned her head away form me completely. I sighed; annoyed.

“What? You can kiss me; but I;m not allowed to kiss you?” I scoffed.

Sam didn’t answer me.

“I just sometimes wish...” she started and sighed.

“Wish what Sam?” I pushed in a soft tone.

“Nothing, it’s not important,” she told me.

She pushed my hands off her and stood up. I really had had enough. I was sick of her being so up and down; her moods, her attitudes. i sighed.

“Sam, why is it so hard for you to admit to yourself and embrace the fact that what you feel for me is just as strong as what you feel for Joe?” I said, sliding to the edge of the bed. “Maybe even stronger.”

“Because I don’t,” she said flatly; turning n her heel and staring at me.

I felt threatened; her standing over me the way she was.

“Admit it Sam,” I pushed. “Please.”

‘There’s nothing to admit Nick,” she replied. I saw the anger slowly rising in her eyes.

She crossed her arms.

I sighed. I knew she wasn’t going to just say, Nick. I love you. That’d be too simple. I had to prove it to her; and she had to prove it to herself. I smiled ot myself as the idea sprung to mind. I stood up.

“If you’re not going to admit it,” I sighed. ‘Then, can I try something?”

“What?” she responded; abruptly.

She uncrossed her arms. Her eyes narrowed and I saw the concern flood her features.

“Do me a favour and yourself a favour and close your eyes,” I ordered.

I saw her reluctance; I would feel the same. Slowly but surely she slid her eyes closed. She stood perfectly still. I took a single step towards her.

’here’s your moment nick,” my mind said. prove it. Show that you love her and make her see that the feelings are mutual.

I slowly slid my finger tips up her jaw, followed by my palm. I took a deep breath and slowly brought my face closer to hers; pressing my lips against her in the softest way possible. I left them there; holding myself still. I felt the familiar burn and tingle that she gave me and I knew she felt it too. She reacted; applying the same pressure against my lips. I started to move my lips against hers; a slow melodic rhythm and once again she responded; her movement matching mine. I kept my hand on her cheek; her hands moved around to my back; snaking their way around and up the back of my shirt. The skin burned where her fingers traced; a welcomed feeling and a familiar one. I breathed though my nose and traced my tongue along her bottom lip; she immediately obliged; her lips parting and allowing my tongue entry into her mouth, the warm taste enlightened my sense and she stepped closer; our bodies flush up against one another. Her tongue battled mine; I felt the passion slowly igniting.

Sam’s POV

This kiss was different. This kiss was better. This kiss meant a lot more then every other one. I felt the love Nick was giving. I felt how intense this moment was; I was drowning in the passion completely engulfed in all that was Nick.wait. what the heck am I doing? I moved my hands from under his shirt and slid them up his stomach to his chest. I pushed him backwards away from me. I felt the tears in my eyes. Realization and hatred of myself.

Nick looked at me with his eyes full of alarm. I bit down on my lip as the tears started pouring over my cheeks. I took a few deep breathes; trying to get control over what I was feeling.

“You know what I wish?” I asked alloud. Nick shook his head.

“I wish, that I could go back to being a nobody. That I could go back to just having some stupid unrequited crush on Joe. And that we never met.”

“You don’t mean that,” Nick breathed.

“Oh, I do,” I said and turned around.

I took off out of the room; running down the stairs two at a time. I heard Nick following me. I choked out a few sobs.

“Sam!” I heard my dad’s voice call. “Whats wrong?”

I ignored him; running straight past him, out the front door and into the rain. I felt the tears burning my skin as they traced down my face. The rain made me shiver immensely. My bare feet quickly freezing against the pavement. i wanted to smack Nick; although I don’t know why. if anything I should smack myself for feeling this way. I want to smack Nick for making me think that all this was okay and for kissing me back then. I wanted Joe. I need Joe. I want Joe to hold me and tell me everything was okay and I wanted Nick to leave me alone. Why was i like this? Why couyldn't things be simpler? Why could Nick just be Joe's brother? Why why why?

“Sam! Sam!” Nick’s voiced shouted from behind me.

Nicks POV

Sam spun around in front of me and I slowed to a stop.

“What Nick?” she yelled. “What do you want?”

I cringed at the broken expression on her face. Even through the rain I knew she had been crying. It was obvious. She was drenched from head to toe. Her fringe stuck to her forehead and her pastel green tee shirt clung to her body. Her grey track suit pants were dirty at the bottom from running and her toes stuck out form the bottom of them.

“Talk to me,” I pleaded.

“Fuck off!” she swore and spun around again; walking away form me quickly.

I sighed in frustration and jogged to catch up to her. I caught up to her and grabbed her around; spinning her around to face me.

“What?” she screamed as the thunder rolled above us. “Tell me what you want form me Nick.”

I heard her voice crack and her tears started flowing again. Her body trembled. I didn’t know if it was from the rain or her sobbing that was causing it. I stepped closer to her and cupped her chin with my hand. She turned her head away and I took her face in both hands.

“Look me in the eye, and tell me you don’t love me,” I demanded. “Look me in the eye and tell me that what you feel for me isn’t the same as what I feel for you.”

I looked into her eyes; they flooded with tears again. Her face fell again and she sniffled.

“I can’t do that,” she whispered. “I just can’t.”

I dropped my hands from her face and she took off away from me at the sudden frreedom. I watched her as she ran away from me; quickly disappearing from view. I gaped after her; slowly gaining back the use of my mind. I breathed in deeply and swallowed. I dropped my gaze to the ground.

She loves me. She actually loves me.
♠ ♠ ♠
teensie bit of swearing in this chapter.
i apologize.
please comment if you read this.
tell me your thoughts; positive or negative.
ill love you for it.