Australia

Chapter One Hundred and Forty Six

Nick’s POV

I glanced at my watch and frowned; leaning back into the couch. I sighed. It was just a little after five am. I picked up my mug of hot coffee from the coffee table and sipped it slowly; it burning my tongue ever so slightly. But that was the least of my worries right now. I was worried about Sam and Joe.

After their little, whatever, last night I had expected them to come home. I had expected to be home before we all went to bed; but as my family slowly drizzled out of the living room, I grew annoyed that they weren’t as concerned as I was.

“Joe’s a big boy, Nick,” Kevin had laughed. “And, I’m sure he’ll keep Sam safe.”

I had glanced at my watch then too; 11pm. They’d been gone 6 hours. Kevin had slapped me on the back as he walked out of the living room ad told me to just go to bed. I followed him upstairs and plopped down onto my bed. I hadn’t intended on falling asleep; but I had. Pretty quickly too.

But when i woke up at four o'clock to pee and had found Sam’s bedroom door open, I had gone with my instincts and checked up on her. I knew she never left her door open; not with a house full of guys. I guess you could say my heart had plummeted to the pit of my stomach when I found her bed made, untouched and empty. I frowned and padded softly to Kevin and Joe’s room and opened the door a crack; Joe’s bed was empty too.

So, they hadn’t come home. They didn’t call or text to let us all know that they weren’t coming home or that they were safe. I put my mug down and crossed my arms across my chest and crossed one leg over the other. I was growing impatient and more worried. Was I just paranoid that they were hurt or something/ I mean, we live in a nice neighborhood. Its not they would be murdered, or raped or abducted or anything. Geez Nick. Why are you even thinking those things?

Joe probably took Sam to some fancy place for a valentines dinner or something to make up for missing it yesterday. It was probably on the other side of town so they had chosen to stay at some hotel over night or something. Joe and Sam in a hotel room? Hotel room. Oh god.

I sat up and put my mug back on the coffee table. That's probably exactly what theyv'e done. He took her to dinner and they...

I frowned and looked at my watch. Half past five. My ears pricked up at the sound of a car door closing outside. I got up quickly; grabbing my coffee mug and hightailing into the kitchen. I closed the door carefully behind me; placing the mug on the dining table and return to the door. I turned out the kitchen light and peered through the small gap I created between the almost closed door and the door frame. I heard a light laughter and a lot of shushing. I knew that laugh. That was Sam. The front door opened and in the dull light of the living room I watched Joe and Sam slowly make their way across the living room; hand in hand, stopping in the centre to kiss each other. I stepped back; the door swinging a little. Hopefully not enough for them to notice. I didn’t need to see that. Not now. I stepped back further and sat myself down into a chair at the table. I scratched my head.

I hate this constant feeling of jealousy. I mean, me and Sam flirt, we hold hands and occasionally we kiss or make out but officially, she is still Joe’s and that bothers me. It bothers me that the relationship we have, whatever it may be, doesn’t matter to her as much as it matters to me. It bothers me that we have this connection but we can’t properly act on it. It bothers me that she is Joe’s girl friend and yet she acts like we’re a couple behind his back. It bothers me that Joe is so oblivious to everything. It bothers me that Sam thinks that she can take advantage of whatever the heck this is. But what bothers me the most is that I let her get away with it.

I’m so head over heels in love with her that I crave her attention and her touch and when I get it, I treasure it because i don’t know when I’ll get the opportunity to have that again. I sighed; standing up when the sound of Joe and Sam coming in disappeared upstairs. I peered around the door and stepped clear of the kitchen; stopping at the bottom of the stairs until Sam’s bedroom light turned on. I ascended the stairs slowly; walking to Sam’s room carefully. I stopped outside her door and inhaled deeply. I knocked softly.

“Joe,” I heard her voice whisper on the other side of the door. “I told you twice is enough.”

I had been right. I knew exactly what they had done. I felt my heart plummet to the pit of my stomach again and I bit down on my bottom lip. I turned quickly walking to my bedroom and walking inside; closing the door gently. I walked to my dresser and pulled of my pyjama pants and wiggled into a pair of jeans. I pulled my pyjama shirt over my head and replaced it with a black vneck. I pulled on my leather jacket and slipped my feet into my converses. I picked up my wallet and phone but decided to put my phone back down on my beside table. I shook my head at my younger snoring brother and with a slight smile in his direction I walked out of my room and down the stairs. I stopped in the living room; leaving a note for my family and one for Sam.

I wrote my families one first.

I’ve gone out. I’m fine. Don’t try to find me.

And then I wrote one for Sam.

This time you’ve gone too far. Either you tell him or I will.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, so there's an update.
I'm sorry if its awful, but io know alot of you are annoyed with Sam for using Nick.
So, Nicks given her an ultimatum.
What do you think she's going to do?
Let me know. Comments. :)