Australia

Chapter One Hundred and Forty Seven

Sam’s POV

“Sam! Sam honey! Wake up!”

I stirred; rolling over. What time was it? How long had I even been home? Who the heck is waking me up? I yawned and rubbed my eyes. When they came into focus, I found Joe’s worried face looking down over me and saw Denise and Frankie standing by the door.

“Whats wrong?” I mumbled; sleep still clouding my senses.

“Nicks gone,” Joe told me quickly.

I sat up immediately; shocked out of my semi unconscious state.

“What do you mean, Nicks gone?” I asked; stretching a little and pulling my hair into a pony tail.

“I mean, he’s gone,” Joe sat on the edge of my bed. “I mean, he’s not in the house. I don’t know when he left because Kevin said he went to bed at the same time as him last night. But when we all woke up; he was nowhere to be found.”

“I don’t get it,” I shook my head trying to make sense of the situation. “why would he leave... or when for that matter?”

“I don’t know,” Joe shrugged sadly.

“we got home at like, 5:30 didnt we?” I asked Joe. “His door was closed then. Wasn’t it?”

“I don’t know Sam,” Joe told me; standing up. “All I know is that mum woke me up about 10 minutes ago saying Frankie woke up to Nick’s bed empty. To say the least he’s a little freaked out. Dad and Kevin have already gone out to try and find him.”

“He, left notes though,” Frankie whispered and approached my bed from his mum. “Two of them.”

“What do they say?” I asked him; moving over a little and letting him climb up onto my bed.

“One says,” Frankie started and unfolded one of the notes. “I’ve gone out. I’m fine. Don’t try to find me.”

“Dont try to find him?” I questioned. “What? Why not?”

Frankie just shrugged and I looked at Joe. His face hadn’t changed since I had woken up. He was worried about Nick. Very worried; it was written all over his face.

“The second ones for you Sam,” Frankie announced; handing it to me.

I unfolded it; keeping my eyes trained on Joe. There was a glimmer of hope in his eyes; hope that maybe Nick’s whereabouts would be listed in this note to me. I tore my eyes away; looking down at the piece of note paper in my hands.

“This time you’ve gone too far. Either you tell him or I will,” I read it aloud.

I instantly regretted my decision. Nick was obviously referring to Nick and my ‘adventures’ in Houston, and probably the liking him more then I should thing. Oh crap. I slowly looked up to find Joe looking confused.

“Tell who what?” Frankie asked.

“I, um, I don’t know,” I shook my head and looked back down. “It’s lost me.”

“Alright,” Joe bushed his fringe of his face. “Get dressed. We’re going to go find him.”

“What?” I looked up; shocked. “He said not to.”

“Since when do I listen to whatever Nick says,” Joe said simply and started walking out of my room. Denise followed after.

“Sam?” Frankie said; sliding off my bed. I moved too; walking towards my wardrobe and pulling out a pair of jeans, a long singlet and my long white thing cardigan.

“Yes Frankie?” I asked him; smiling.

“do you love Nick?”

The smile dropped off my face and I sighed.

“Of course I do,” I assured Frankie. “He’s my best friend.”

Frankie put his hand son his hips; suddenly I saw the real resemblance he had with his brothers.

“You know what I mean,” he said in a strong voice.

I sighed again and moved to sit back on the end of my bed. I gestured for Frankie to join me and he walked over; leaning against my legs.

“Yes Frankie, I do,” I told him softly. “I'm just not ready to tell anyone yet. Can you keep it a secret?”

He stepped in front of me and moved his hand across his like he was closing a zipper. He locked the padlock and took my hand in his; placing the pretend key in my palm.

“Thanks, Tank,” I smiled and pulled him into a quick hug. “Now go. You need to get dressed.”

I stood up and followed Frankie out; closing the door behind him. I leaned up against the door and slid down to the floor; my knees to my chest. I sat my chin on one of knees and let the tears come. I shook as the sobs took over. What had I done?

Joe’s POV

I reversed out of the driveway of my house; following my mum who had Frankie with her and Sam reversed out behind me. We headed out in different directions. We planned to meet back at our place in an hour. Kevin and Dad had already been gone for 45 minutes at this point; searching places as far as the shopping mall, the golf course and the barbershop. Mum and Frankie were heading to all the recording studies or music shops. I know he finds comfort in his music. Sam was told to go to places were he and she had hung out and I was doing the same; heading to places like the lake, the pinkberry and the different parks we hang out in when we were younger.

I don’t under stand where he would have gone, or why he would have left. Unless, something had happened I was unaware of; between him and Sam at her dads. Or I had done something to upset him. Was he mad at me? I wracked my brain, trying to think of something I could have done. Nothing came to mind. They had only came home yesterday afternoon; I hadn’t even seen Nick yet. It cant have been anything I have done.

That brings me back to Sam. Something must have happened; something she’s hiding from me. Something that she’s either embarrassed about or ashamed of doing. Or, she actually enjoyed it and she’s not telling me to spare my feelings. Sam would tell me though right? Wait. She wouldn’t do anything in the first place. If anything did happen though, Nick would tell me.

I remember when Nick had done something stupid in the past when he was youngeror even more recently as last year, he would come to me and confess it or I would find him in the tree.....

The tree house! Why didn’t I think of that before? I pulled my car into a side street and chucked a uturn; turning back in the direction of the house. I picked up my speed along the main road; dodging cars and motorbikes who were driving too slowly. I turned onto our street and soon enough up into the drive way. I shut off my car and climbed out. I walked quickly; jumping the side fence easily and walking across the backyard. I zipped up the hoodie I was wearing as the cold hair hit my chest. I walked over to the tree that held the tree house and looked up. I started climbing; praying that he was in there.

My prayers were answered when I popped my head up. There sat Nick in the corner of the treehouse; a guitar in his lap and a notebook open in front of him. He hand a lead pencil in between his teeth. He stopped mid strum and looked up; catching me watching him.

“Didn’t you read my note?” he asked me; his voice annoyed and monotone.

“Which one, the one to leave you alone or the one addressed to Sam?” I replied.

“The one to leave me alone,” Nick told me; his annoyed tone fading into shock. “Wait, you read the one to Sam?”

“Ah, yeah,” I pulled myself up in to the treehouse and crawled over to sit in front of Nick. “She read it out loud actually.”

“So, did she tell you?” he asked; lying the guitar beside him and closing the notebook.

“Tell me what?” I was confused. Sam hadn’t told me anything. “We didn’t really talk much after we had our picnic. We were, doing other stuff.”

Nick looked at me with his eyes wide; hi dropped his gaze quickly to the floor of the treehouse.

“You took off your ring?” he said flatly.

“Yeah,” I answered. “I gave it to Sam. She wears it now.”

“Nice,” Nick frowned.

“So, what was Sam supposed to tell me?” I asked him; shifting onto my knees and crossing my arms across my chest.

“She didn’t mention Houston at all?” Nick asked and I shook my head. “She really should’ve told you.”

“Told me what?” I raised my voice.

I wish he would just come out with it already.

“We kissed Joe,” Nick mumbled. "Not just a peck; quick kiss. A proper, make out type of kiss."

I looked at Nick; his face completely sincere and serious. I burst out in laughter and stood up; clutching my stomach as the muscles began to cramp as I laugh. Nick stood up with me.

“That’s a good one Nick,” I managed; my eyes watering.

“Joe. I’m not kidding. Does it look like I'm kidding?” he asked me.

“You never do,” I half laughed and calmed down; breathing deeply and wiping my eyes.

“Why would I joke about something like this?” he looked me in the eye and said softly. “seriously? And, it happened more than once.”

“You’re telling the truth,” I stepped backwards; the reality of the situation hitting me hard. “Why’d you kiss my girlfriend Nick?”

“I didn’t,” Nick said; backing away himself. “Not at first.”

“What do you mean, not at first?”

“She came on to me, but I didn’t exactly say no,” he looked at the floor again.

“You can't be serious,” I breathed. “You’re saying, my girlfriend cheated on me with my brother?”

“I'm sorry Joe,” Nick whispered.

I felt my heart break; it broke into a million pieces. First Camilla dumps me and now Sam, the person I thought I was in love with cheats on me with my brother. I couldn’t believe it.

“No,” I shook my head; yelling at Nick and making him cringe. I took a step towards him and he backed up against the wall. “Tell me what happened. Tell me how this all started!”

“You know i've had a crush for a while,” Nick admitted.

“Yeah,” I nodded. “But, why would Sam come onto you?”

“She told me she loves me, Joe,” he whispered; slowly trailing his eyes upwards and meeting mine.

I stepped back; shocked. What? What? Sam? Nick? love? What?

“What?” I spat at him; he cringed back more.

“She told me she loves me,” Nick said; his voice a little stronger.

“She loves me Nick! She is my girlfriend!” I yelled.

“She told me that she loves me, I swear on my life, on your life, on our music career,” Nick told me; taking a step closer. “You know I would never hurt you Joe. Or lie to you.”

“She doesn’t love you Nick!” I shouted; my voice echoing off the wood of the tree house. “she doesn’t love you!”

“Actually Joe, yes I do.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I am the worst person ever.
I just broke Joe's heart. </3
Comments. i can handle hate!
<3