Australia

Chapter Eighteen

Nicks POV

If looks could kill, the one Joe gave me would've killed me where I stood. Why'd I even say what I did? I mean, it was the truth. It will be hard to stop complimenting Sam. She's amazing, she's brought the three of us closer. It was hard to believe we'd only known her for just over a few weeks. She was fast becoming a member of the family. Maybe I'm making my crush on her too obvious. It was my idea to have her sing Before the Storm with me on stage after all; Joe had been reluctant at first but Kevin assured him that nothing was going on. Kevin was right; nothing was going on between us, just with me. She amazed me. She was my best friend. I rubbed the back of my neck and opened the door to the dressing room. I looked up to see Sam standing in front of me; facing a mirror. She must've seen me in the reflection because she turned around to face me.

"How do I look?" she asked me, looking down at herself.

How'd she look? She looked beautiful. She wore a black dress with a halter neck and a skirt part that fluffed out. She was wearing high heels; which I knew from our many discussion she only wore on special occasions. I guess she considered a date with Joe a special occasion. Her dark brown hair was down; curls spiralled down just below her breasts. She had a silver head band in her hair which I thought was out of place.

"Wow," I spat out. I gulped; hoping she didn't hear the nerves in my voice.

"Can you help me with this?" she asked, handing out a silver ribbon. "I got the halter neck alright, but I can't tie this around my waist."

"Sure," I hurried over and took the ribbon from her. I placed it flat against her stomach from behind and pulled it taught.

"Is that okay?" I didn't want it to be tight.

"It's good," she nodded.

I tied a knot first before curling over the edges and creating a bow at the small of her back. She looked like a princess.

Sam's POV
Being this close to Nick was giving me goosebumps. I was absolutely crazy about Joe; but Nick doing this for me was making me shiver. He must've seen me shiver; he wrapped his arms around my middle and rested his chin on my shoulder; on the opposite side to where Joe rests his.

"You alright?" Nicks voice asked; I felt his breath on my neck. My face felt hot and flushed. I took a deep breath and stepped out of his embrace.

"Do you like me Nick?" I flat out asked him. He let his arms drop to his sides before he shoved his hands in his pockets. He was silent. He didn't say a word.

"I'll take that as a yes," I sighed.

"Look, it's no big deal," he looked at me; I could see the sadness in his face. "I know you and Joe are getting pretty serious. I mean, we're leaving tomorrow to head home. But like, he likes you. Its not like he's going to completely dump you and forget about you. Joe's not like that. Its obvious how you two both feel about each other. You have my blessing."

I looked up at him. Sincerity written all over his face; I stepped forward and hugged him. He pulled his hands out of his pockets and hugged me back.

"Thanks Nick," I said him. I knock on the door made me pull away.

"Come in," I said to the door.

"Hey, you ready....." Joe stepped inside, but stopped dead in his tracks when he saw Nick. "What are you doing in here?"

"Nothing," I said quickly. "He was helping me tie my ribbon around my waist. I couldn't do it alone. I asked him to help me Joe."

Joe looked from me, to Nick and back again, before smiling. He laughed.

"Just thought my little bro was making a move," he laughed again. Nick nervously laughed before excusing himself and walking out.

"Should we get going?" I asked Joe, picking up my white blazer and slipping it on. I pocketed my phone.

"Is there anything going on between you and Nick, Sam?" Joe caught my eye.

"No Joe," I told him. "I promise."
♠ ♠ ♠
Nicks crushing hard.