Australia

Chapter Nineteen

Joe's POV
I wasn't sure if I should believe Sam when she told me that there was nothing going on between her and Nick; but the way she held my hand and interlaced her fingers through mine told me otherwise. I believed her. I like her. I really like her.

We rode in the back of the limo and pulled up out front of a restaurant in Sydney City. I kissed her on the cheek and let go of her hand. I stept out of the limo and was hit with the flashing lights of cameras; I smiled politely before turning to offer my hand to Sam. She took it; smiling at the photographers and interviewers that were surrounding the limo. Big Rob pushed through the crowd, sheilding us with his body. Once inside, I gave Big Rob a thank you smile before telling the matredie my name and that I was hear for a table for two.

"Right this way, Mr. Jonas," he smiled, then showed us to a booth in the back. After a few moments, a waitress apporached us.

"Hi, I'm Allison and I'll be your server this evening," she smiled sweetly. "Here are your menus. Can I get you a drink to start?"

"I'll have a coke please," I told her, returning her smile. "And, peach mango ice tea?"

Sam nodded at me, a slight blush spreading across her cheeks. I smiled at her.

"Okay," Allison nodded, jotting down our drink orders. "I'll be right back to get your dinner orders."

She then walked away, leaving me and Sam alone.

I looked at her. She looked so beautiful tonight. Her black dress was perfect for her shape; she wore high heels which I knew she only wore on special occasions; the silver head band really sparkled in her dark brown curls. I couldn't help but feel jealous that it was Nick that helped her with her ribbon. Although, he did do a good job tying it in a bow at her back.

"Joe?" Sam's said, waving her face in my face.

"Oh, sorry. I'm here," I told her, scratching my head.

"What's wrong?" she asked, tucking her hair behind her ear. I love when she did that.

"Nothing," I said quickly. "What makes you think somethings wrong?"

"You have hardly said a word to me since the venue," she shrugged, tilting her head to look at me.

"I'm sorry," I told her. "I don't mean anything by it."

"Are you still worried there's something between me and Nick?" she rested her hand on top of mine. The question made me sit up straight and look at her.

"Is there?"

"No! Me and Nick are just friends Joe! Besides, he's only 15. I'm 17. I'm older than him."

I chewed my lip. I sometimes forgot Nick was so much younger than me. He was so much more mature then me.

"Joe," she leaned forward, making me look in her eyes. "You have no idea how long I had a crush on you. Then we actually met. Its not exactly a crush anymore." She blushed after her confession, making me smile.

"You're amazing you know that?" I smiled at her.

"Sorry to interupt," Allisons voice made us lean away from each other. "Are you ready to order?"

"Um, yes. Can I have to chicken parmesan?" I told her, handing the menu back to her.

"And you miss?" she asked Sam, after jotting down what I ordered.

"Chicken salad, please," she smiled, giving the waitress back the menu.

"Alright," Allison smiled politely. "That shouldn't be too long." She turned and retreated back to the kitchen.

I followed the waitress back to the kitchen with my eyes; when I turned back Sam was watching me. I smiled at her; eyes locking on each other. We shared a moment, a moment I'd never shared with anyone before. I loved her.

1 hour later

Samanthas POV.

"Joe! I can pay for myself," I assured him. I was annoyed. Seriously; can't a girl pay for a meal herself these days?

"I insist," Joe went to grab the cheque but I slammed my hand down on top of it. A few people turned and looked at me, before going back to their meals.

"Its not like this is a date or anything is it?" I asked, full of myself. Joe broke eye contact and looked around at nothing in particular. He didn't answer me.

"Even if it is," I told him, slightly out of breath and taken aback by his lack of response. "I'm paying for myself."

"Please Sam," Joe looked at me with pleading eyes. "Let me be the gentleman and pay." He lifted my hand off the cheque and picked it up, sliding a card into the book and passing it to the waitress.

I leant back, crossing my arms. I grunted to myself. Stupid pig headed jerk. I don't care if it is a date. This is the 21st century. He frustrated me so much. If he wasn't so darned adorable I would've got up and walked out. He stood up; my train of thought taking me into paranoia. Was he leaving me here?

"Come on," he told me, holding out his hand. "It's obvious you dont want ot be around me anymore. I'll take you home."

I didn't take his hand, but I stood up grabbing my jacket as I did so. I walked out first; not looking at anyone. Ass.