Australia

Chapter Two

Joe's POV.

As a fellow artist I really shouldn’t say this, but this Short Stack band isn’t really all that good. I guess we only chose them as a support because there are three of them, and two of them are in fact step brothers. I guess that’s kind of cool. I stood looking over the balcony at the crowd. I was hoping that a different country would mean a different brand of fans. But, by the looks of things, they were a bunch of screaming fan girls. As much as I loved that, I wish at least one girl would be different. I sighed and pushed myself off the balcony railing, turning around and walking back to the green room. Kevin was warming up; jumping up and down. Nick was sitting on a couch, biting his lip as he strummed on his acoustic. He did this when he was nervous. I started stretching.

“Okay, 10 minutes till show time boys,” our dad told us, before vacating the room again.

“Thank goodness!” I exclaimed, taking a seat next to Nick, who had leant his guitar gingerly next to him on the lounge. Kevin and Nick looked at me; both raising their eye brows identically. I always felt like an outsider. They were so alike in so many ways; but then again they were totally different.

“Didn’t you hear them?” I explained. “Short Stack. They were nothing short of awful! Plus, the lead guy totally looks like a chick!”

“I kind of like them,” Kevin shrugged, making Nick laugh. I rolled my eyes at them and stood up. I started stretching again; starting with my legs and then moving onto my arms and neck.

“2 minutes,” Dad’s voice came from the door way. He left with a proud smile. He used to have to force us to stretch. That was until I took a spill and sprained my ankle. We stretch religiously now. 2 minutes meant places.

We walked together; dad leading then in reverse age order, Nick, myself then Kevin. This was the order we went on stage. With each of us at our point of entry, the lights dimmed and the crowd went ballistic. I heard Kevin produce and low whistle and Nick laugh nervously. I closed my eyes and silently prayed for a miracle; a good show, a happy life and love. I released a breath that I was unaware I was holding.

“Here we go,” I said allowed, looking to each of my brothers. We were all nervous. It was our first Australian show ever. We weren’t sure how receptive the crowd here was going to be. With one last deep breath in I walked up the stairs at the back of the arena. The place opened up in front of me, and the crowd went wild. Every seat in the audience was filled, and the standing pit was packed. This was going to be a good show.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short. I know. But nothing exciting happened.
Plus, Short Stack aren't that bad of a band.
They're from Budgewoi in NSW Australia.
Check them out if you're interested.