Australia

Chapter Twenty Four

Nick's POV

I was going to miss Sam, Sammy, Samantha. She really improved my day. But I guess, being about 8500 miles away would really make a difference.

"So, where's Rob?" Kevin asked Joe who was taking the separation from Sam surprisingly well. Joe shrugged in response.

"He said he'd meet us in the check in lounge," he told us. After check in, we wandered up to the line to board the plane. It was a pretty long line. Joe and Kevin both sat on their cases; Frankie went with mum and dad to the bathrooms. What a lovely morning/afternoon this was going to be. Joe hadn't said much to me since earlier today at Sam's party. I didn't know why.

"Hey Joe," I sat on my suitcase, making myself the same level as Joe. "Are we cool?"

"Yeah," Joe looked at me strangely. "Why wouldn't we be?"

"No reason," I shrugged. "Just curious."

I turned my focus back to my thoughts; back to Sam. How long should I wait before I email her? Before I send her a letter? Could I call her? I stood up; realising that the suitcase wasn't a good choice of seat. It was causing great pain in my butt.

"I'm going to take a walk," I told the guys who waved me off.

I walked around. Away from my brothers, up through the food court of the airport. I was surprised that noone stopped me but a few girls who were waiting in line at McDonalds. I had smiled politely and signed some autographs before continuing on my walk.
It was amazing to see the diversity in people at the airport. I guess it was true what they said about Sydney being one of the most diverse places when it came to race. I walked through many passages, passed security, different groups of people then I stopped by one of the windows and watched a plane land on the tarmac and taxi into the stand. It wasn't exciting; it was just occupying my mind. It was really annoying that I couldn't get her off my mind. I glanced at my watch. It was 11.45am. Our flight was leaving in 15 minutes. Oh crap! I walked quickly back to the boarding gate to find my family waiting for me. Six people. Wait. I was the sixth person in my family. The sixth person turned around.
Sam; looking lovely as always. She loved her jeans; they were baggier ones this time. She also had on one of her new tshirts; a yellow tee shirt with "It's easy being green" written across the front. I smiled when I saw her red shoes again. I felt my face flush. I walked up to my family and Sam.

"What're doing here?" I asked her, confused.

"Didn't Joe tell you?" she tiled her head at me; smiling her usual smile.

I looked at Joe; he smiled innocently at me.

"No, he didn't," I told her. "What's going on?"

"I guess, you could say I'm coming on tour with you guys," she answered simply.

"Final call for flight 426 to Texas, USA."

"We better go," Mum stuck her head in our circle; before turning back around and leading us down the gang plank.

"I'm glad I got to see you again, Sam," I told her, licking my lips and running my hand through my hair.

"I'm glad I got to see you too, Nick," she smiled at me and wrapped her around my waist as we walked. I wrapped mine around her middle as well.

"So, did you put something in your locket?" I asked her.

"Yeah, I did actually," she told me. "I spent hours on my computer shrinking the photos but its done. Then I had to pack. So, all in all I've had about 3 hours sleep."

She laughed casually and let go of my waist and unclasped her necklace as we walked. We were coming up the rear of the the group. I was surprised Joe hadn't attached himself to Sam. She passed me the locket and I opened it. I wasn't surprised to see a photo of Joe in there. It was a new photo it seemed; taken at the party. I didn't know what the other thing was.

"What's this?" I showed her what I was talking about.

"It's a photo of the rose you gave me," she smiled up at me. "I knew they wouldn't let me take the real one."

I smiled, blushing slightly. It was so sweet of her to do that.

"But why the rose?" I asked her, passing her back the locket.

"This way, the two things that mean the most are close to my heart," she smiled at me, putting the necklace back around her neck.

I smiled back at her and we resumed our positions from before; her arms around my waist and hers around mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay!