Australia

Chapter Twenty Five

Chapter Twenty Five.
Samanthas POV

Dear new diary,
Truth be told, I was kind of bummed that I wasn't sitting with Nick on the plane. I would've loved to have sat next to him and talked to him for the however many hours we were going to flying. But, I wasn't going to complain about sitting next to Joe; that's for sure. My beau was looking mighty fine. Mind you, he was dressed in a pair of jeans, a simple light green t-shirt topped of with a leather jacket. It was such a "Joe" outfit. Of course, I hadn't forgot to notice what Nick was clad in. He always wore clothes that complimented his, everything. Dark blue skinny jeans, white/blue/green button down and a black cardigan. He always looked so smart. That was what I like about him; his choice of attire and his mannerisms. Right now, he was playing with a piece of elastic with Frankie. One of those games where one person starts it and the other continues it. It keeps going until the elastic becomes completely untwisted or folded again. He was smiling; happy. Joe took the window seat on the plane; not that I was complaining. The thought of looking out the window and down to the ground scared the bejesus out of me; not that I was scared of heights or anything. I must've pulled an amusing face, because Joe just laughed at me. Yes Joe, I know you're reading this. Thank gosh, he's gone. I better go.
SLR signing off.


Closing my diary, I turned to Joe.

"That's very rude of you, Mr Jonas," I told him. "A girls diary is her personal business."

"Yeah, but I bought it for you," he laughed. "I was the one who originally opened it."

I had to give him that. He had opened it to put the ticket in there. I smiled at him before turning away facing the seat in front of me. I'm not going to lie. I can't stop thinking about Nick's reaction to the photo of his rose in my locket. He got so excited.

"Hey, I put something in my locket," I told Joe, facing him again. I opened it. "Here, look."

"Who's that handsome devil?" he laughed smugly. "And what's the yellow thing?"

"Well, that's Joe Jonas. You might know him; heartthrob, in a band with his brothers, kind of pretentious," I told him. I heard Nick stifle a laugh from across the aisle. "And the yellow thing is a picture of Nick's rose he gave me. I can guarantee they wouldn't let me take the real one. That way I have my bets friends and my...."
I stopped what I was saying.

"What?" Joe asked, clearly confused as to why I stopped so suddenly.

"What exactly are we?" I tilted to my head to look at him properly.

"Well, I don't know," Joe rubbed the back of his head.

"What do you want to be?" I asked him.

"Um," I heard him swallow. He licked his lips. He leaned in close to me. "Do you want to be my, you know, girlfriend?"

"Yes," I smiled at him.

"But, don't go telling the world," he told me; I nodded. "We've got to pick the right time to go public about it."

He then smiled, and leant back in the chair; still smiling. I smiled too, leaning back. I turned to look at Nick. He had stopped playing with Frankie; now prefering to listen to his mp3. I could hear his music playing; Switchfoot - Only Hope. I smiled at the choice. He had his eyes closed; expressing an intensity only Nick Jonas could pull off. I lay my head on the side so I could watch him. I leaned across and was about to tap him on the shoulder but something stopped me in my endevour. Was that a tear sliding down his cheek?
I retracted my hand and sat back; fighting tears of my own. What was going on in that boys head?
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment?
What do you think?
Do you Nick?
Or are you more of a Joe fan?
Tell me your views.