Australia

Chapter Thirty One

Nick's POV

"Nicky!"

I rolled over and glanced at the clock. 5.59am. What the heck? I rolled over again to face my wake up call. Sam stood there hands on hips; hair down and curly, white shorts, green long shirt. I looked down at my bare torso; pulling my blankets up protectively, she laughed.

"What?" I asked her groggily, rubbing my eyes and sitting up. I still had my blankets clutched to my chest.

"You said all day," she answered, smirking at me.

She walked over to my drawers, pulling out a pair of jeans, a white t-shirt and checked button down and tossed them at me. I threw my blankets back and rolled out of bed. I stretched; completely ignoring Sam giggling at me.

"Shut up, you," I told her pretending to glare at her. She was still standing with her hands on her hips.

"Take your time," she grinned at me again; crossing her arms now. "It's your time your wasting."

I just looked at her; before pulling my t-shirt and button down on. I slowly pulled my jeans on over my boxers, buttoned them then stood up; eyeing her.

"How do I look?" I put my hands on my hip; imitating her position from before.

"Adorable," she smiled at me. "Now, shoes! So we can get going!"

She disappeared from my room and I did what I was told; sitting down and pulling on my chuck taylors. She appeared soon after; hair pulled into pigtails, white vans on her feet.

"You ready?" she grinned at me; slinging a long strapped bag over her shoulder and pocketing her phone.

"Yep," I stood up, putting my wallet in my back pocket and my phone in the front. "What do you have planned for today?"

"Well first," she looped her arm through mine; pulling the door closed quietly in order to not wake Frankie up. "Breakfast."

"Where?"

"I saw a little cafe around the corner on one of my walks with Joe," she smiled and half shrugged. "Can we go there?"

"Sure," I nodded. "How are we getting around today?"

"On foot," she grinned. "Lets go."

I hoped she wasn't serious about being on foot all day, but she was. We walked out of the house, down the front steps and out into the dusk of early morning. We wandered our way around the corner. It was awkward; more than likely because of what almost happened a week previous. She still had her arm looped through mine. She smelled like strawberries; I like strawberries. She had a smile on her face, as did I. I didn't see it fading at anytime soon. I yawned and she looked at me.

"Nick," she let go of my arm and slowed her pace. "You can't possibly be tired."

"You practically jumped on me this morning," I argued. "I usually wake up slowly."

"You're such a boy," she said to me, speeding up again.

"Well, you're such a girl," I picked up one of her pigtails and dangled it in front of her face. She swatted my hand away and laugh. He laugh made me smile.

After 10 minutes of bickering we arrived at the cafe. We walked in, sitting at a two seater table near the window. I ordered two fruit plates without a complaint from Sam.

"We do need our energy," she agreed, smiling and picking up a piece of rockmelon with her fork.

"Yeah," I shrugged. "And I like melon." I stuffed a piece of honey dew melon in my mouth to prove my point.

She grinned at me; mouth still full of rock melon. I nearly choked, making her laugh at me. We finished our fruit plates and bought some bottles of water for our day trip; Sam insisted on carrying them in her bag. I glanced at my watch.

"Its only 7.30," I sighed at her, but she was still smiling.

"So?" she shrugged. "We still have all day to kill."

"Where to next?" I stood up.

"Hm, nature walk?"

I looked at her like she was ridiculous but her face was serious; despite the massive smile that still played on her lips. They had a cherry lip balm on them or something; glossy, but not too glossy.

"Sounds good," I held out my hand to her. She took it, standing up gracefully, placing her napkin on her plate. "Ladies first."

"Thank you, kind sir," she smirked at me, before grabbing my hand tight and pulling me towards the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?
Any ideas for other activities they can do?
Let me know.