Australia

Chapter Thirty Two

Samanthas POV

The nature walk trail was exactly 12 miles away, and because Nick's a lazy bones he insisted we drive.

"Only there," he looked at me with pleading eyes. "I'm diabetic! You don't want me dying on you do you?"

"No! Of course not," I crossed my arms across my chest. "Fine."

Nick grinned and me before grabbing me by the wrist and pulling me towards home. We hopped in his mustang; me driving and pulled out of the drive way. Not before ducking inside and planning a surprise for a little later.

"Where'd you go?" Nick asked, his eyes curious.

"Little girls room," I smiled at him cheekily before starting the mustang and driving out of the drive way.

"Now, you got to be careful while changin gears on this car," he explained.

" I got it, I got it," I expertly shofted into third gear, smiling as I did so. I saw him shake his head. After about 10 minutes, we pulled into the parking lot. I turned off the car and handed Nick the keys. He looked at me with a cocked eyebrow.

"Just in case I like, fall in a river or something," I shrugged. I was telling the truth; I was exceedingly accident prone. He pocketed the keys and we joined the crowd lining up to enter the walk. Nick paid for the both of us and he put both of our tickets in his pocket. I looped my arm through his again and made him walk faster to catch up to the group.

We wandered down paths. The tour guide pointed out different species of beetles and spiders that lived in different trees. We were shown a huge knot tree that looked like Nick could fit inside if he pulled his knees to his chest. He had laughed sarcastically when I told him that and I had laughed at his sarcasm.

I loved how easy going Nick was with me. He was so serious when it came to the music but with me he could be a kid; even if he was taller than me, making me feel like the kid. When we stopped to admire a lake that ran down the centre of the enclosure, I spotted a stone path across it.

"Come on," I urged him. "Let's "stray from the group."

I bit my lip and gave him puppy dog eyes. He rolled his eyes at me.

"Fine," he said letting go of my arm. "Just be careful yeah?"

"I'll be fine!" I patted his arm reassuringly. "You go first."

I watched Nick look around, then casually step from stone to stone and leap from the last one to the other bank.

"Easy peesey," he shrugged, smiling smugly. "Your turn."

I started off fine. I stepped from one stone to the other perfectly. I looked up to see Nick waiting with his arms crossed on the other side. I sped up; my mind told me it was a bad idea. When I reached the second last stone, I hopped and caught only the edge with my foot; going splashing into the lake. It wasn't cold, but it was slimy. Surfacing, I saw Nick laughing at me.

"Don't laugh you jerk! Get me out of here!" I yelled at him. I really didn't want the group coming back to see me flailing in a lake that only came up to my elbows. Nick hopped back onto the rock in front of me, leaning down to grab my hand.

"Show off," I told him; taking his hand. He pulled me up onto the rock with him. He stepped back across to the last stone, holding out his hand. I reluctantly took it. When I stepped across, I almost slid again, but Nick held me by my waist; holding him close to his body. He leapt one more time to the bank and held out both arms. I took both of his hand and he half pulled me across and into him again. He smiled at me; brushing my wet hair off my face.

"Do you want to just get out of here?" he offered.

I nodded appreciatively, we walked down the other side of the bank, exiting on the other side of the parking lot.

"At least its hot," I shrugged. "I'll dry."

"But until then," he said, unbuttoning his shirt as we walked to the car. "I insist."

I took his shirt. When we got to the car, I attempted to pull my own shirt over my head; my singlet came with it. I felt a tug on my stuck shirt as Nick pulled it off allowing me to pull my singlet down. I had just exposed my midriff as well as my lovely yellow spotted bra to Nick Jonas. My face burned red. I didn't make eye contact with him as I pulled his shirt on and buttoned it up.

Nick's POV

I looked away politely to give Sam privacy. Although, I did see her bra. How uncomfortable I was feeling right now was only topped by how much Sam was blushing. We climbed back in my car and she pulled away; towards home. I looked at my watch again.

"Its 10 o'clock," I told Sam, breaking the awkward silence that was filling the car. "What's next?"

The car pulled to a sudden stop. She pointed across me and I followed her gaze.

"Miniature golf?" I looked at her smiling face.

She nodded.

"Mini golf it is."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? =)