Australia

Chapter Thirty Four

Samantha's POV

I could see Nick's reluctance to go swimming with me. We didn't have any towels or swim suits; which is why I was standing in my underwear and singlet with my hands on my hips looking at Nick. He was still fully dressed, well, minus his shirt which was at the bottom of my pile.

"You don't have to," I told him. "I'll go in myself."

I walked away from him towards the lake. I tested it with my foot before walking in completely. I submerged myself. The water was cool and inviting; perfect on a day like this. I looked back at the bank, Nick was peeling in t-shirt off. He unbuckled his belt and let his jeans fall to the ground. I saw him maneouver his shoes off with the opposite foot. He then stood in his boxers, arms crossed across his bare chest.

"Come on in, Nick," I coaxed him. "The waters beautiful."

I could tell he was biting his lip from where I was standing. He let his arms swing down to his sides and started walking towards the water. I wolf whistled; he stopped and frowned at me, hands on hips like a teenage girl.

"I'm just teasing," I gestured for him to join me; tracing spirals in the water beside me. He took some steps closer before diving under the water. He didn't surface.

"Nick?" I asked the empty clearing. "Nick, this isn't funny."

I felt something tickle my ribs. I squirmed. Nick's head popped up beside me. He was laughing. I scowled at him and splashed him. I dove under the water myself and swam away from him. He laughed and chased me. The clearing was filled with shrieks and laughter.

For what felt like hours we swam around; lost in each others company. I wasn't sure what time Joe was getting back, but at that present moment, I honestly didn't care. When Nick swam up to me and covered my eyes, my instincts took over; I head butted him from behind and swam away. I heard Nick groan, and swim after me. I stopped and turned to see him casually swimming towards me. He stopped in front of me; a pout was on his face.

"That hurt," he told me.

I pressed a kiss to his forehead and leaned away. He smiled a Nick smile; before checking the time on his watch. I guess it was water proof.

"Crap," he scratched his head. "It's 6.30pm already."

I looked up to the sky. It was just starting to become darker. Had we really been swimming all that time?

"We should probably go then," I asked him. He nodded sadly and started swimming towards the bank. He pulled himself up, before turning and reaching for me. I was tempted to pull him back into the water; but I resisted. We dressed in silence; trying to dry off as much as possible with the picnic blanket.
I held out his shirt to him but he declined.

"You wear it,"he smiled at me. I was really starting to love that smile.

We got dressed and packed up what was left of the picnic; which was admittedly, not much. Nick carried the picnic stuff in one hand and held my hand in the other. When we emerged from the trees, I expected to see Paul Kevin Snr.'s car in the drive way but it wasn't.

"I guess they aren't home yet," I shrugged at Nick who shook his head.

"I guess they're not."

We walked through the side gate and into the backyard. Nick put the basket down and turned to face me.

"Thank you for an amazing day, Sam" he pulled me into a hug, which I obliged. "It means a lot."

"Well, its not exactly over yet," I told him.

"What?" Nick looked confused.

"We haven't done something you want to do yet," I smiled at him.

He thought for a minute before walking inside. I went to follow, but he appeared back at the door.

"Stay here," he told me; disappearing again.

I did what I was told. After a few minutes he emerged with a blanket.

"There's something I want to show you," his eyes lit up.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you guys think so far?
Thoughts?
Critique?
I appreciate all type of comments.