Australia

Chapter Thirty Seven

Nick's POV

Not even a shower could improve my mood. She used me; she actually used me. I stormed from the bathroom into my room and slammed the door. I was so angry with Sam I didn't even care about the repercussions; ie mum coming upstairs demanding to know what was wrong, Kevin coming snooping. Knowing Kevin he'd be able to get it out of me too. And as if they knew what was going on, a knock on the door came.

"What?" I answered.

Sam's POV

I wasn't sure if I should open the door and go in after the greeting I just received but I dared to anyway. I cracked the door and peered inside; Nick was standing there, bending over his bedside table.

"Hi," Nick whipped around, a blush spreading across his face, neck and shoulders. "Can I come in?"

"Um, I, I guess," Nick stuttered. He stood there in front of me, one hand clutching the towel where it was hooked under. I was thankful he was as awkward as I felt. That towel was the only thing keeping me from seeing Nick in all his glory.

"Do you want to...." I gestured to the towel, shrugging.

"Please," Nick nodded self consciously.

I turned around, facing the door again. I heard the towel drop to the floor, a draw being opened and closed and Nick huffing and puffing his way into a pair of underwear.

"Okay," his voice came, thankfully. "You can turn around now."

I turned; Nick was dressed in black boxers and a singlet; his arms were folded across his chest.

"Okay," I said in a small voice.

"So, what do you want?" he shrugged his shoulders.

I looked at his face. It wasn't the sweet face from yesterday; he looked scorned. I felt my heartbreak. I looked to the ceiling for a second before looking back at Nick.

"I'm sor..."

"Don't even bother," Nick sat heavily on his bed, head in his hands.

I moved and kneeled in front of him. He looked at me; tears clearly visible in his eyes. I hated myself in that moment. I hated myself for hurting him.

"Nick," I rested my hand on his knee but he brushed it off. "I don't see what you see in me anyway."

I moved to get up but he grabbed my wrist.

"What could you possibly think is wrong with you?" he snarled into my face.

"Your face is beautiful."
He ran his thumb acros my cheek.

"Your shoulders; strong because they've held onto so much for so long."
He ran his hand over my shoulder; leaving a trail of electricity in its wake.

"Your hand fits so perfectly in mine; its always warm."
He ran his hand from my shoulder down my arm and laced his fingers through mine.

"Your beautiful long hair; the way it bounces."
He dragged his fingers through my tresses.

"You have a special sparkle in those big eyes of yours."
He smiled slightly, looking me in the eyes.

"And those lips; even though the kiss was short they've left a permanent fire that noone else will ever be able to put out.
He traced the shape of my lips with his fingers.

"Maybe what I feel is love; Sam."

I looked up at Nick; my eyes full of tears, some cascading down my cheeks and landing on the skin of my bare legs. I let his eyes bore into mine for a moment.
I swallowed; so my voice would be audible.

"But, I hurt you."

I got up and tore out the room; running to my own and closing and locking the door. I never should've kissed him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was in tears writing this.