Australia

Chapter Thirty Eight.

Nick's POV

I sat staring after Sam. I really shouldn't have said what I did. I mean, it was the truth. But I should have kept them to myself. I flopped myself down on to my bed. What had I done?

Joe's POV

I decided to go check on Nick and Sam. I wanted to make sure everything was going alright.

"Just remember," Mum's voice. "It's Saturday night. Family night at the karaoke club."

"Yeah, its okay mum. I remembered." I walked up the stairs. I stuck my head in Nick's bedroom.

"You okay little bro?" I stepped inside when I saw how he was lying.

"Fine," he sat up. "Just sick of stupid fights with Sam. Now, if you'll excuse me."

He ushered me out of the room and slammed the door in my face. I stood just outside his door; more confused then ever. I decided to try my luck with Sam. I walked down the hall and tried the handle on Sam's door. It was locked. I tapped softly on the door.

"Sam honey?" I said, loud enough so she could hear it through the door. "It's me, Joe. Can I come in?"

Pressing my ear to the door; I heard a groan, trudging and then the click of the door being unlocked. I waited a moment before opening the door. I found Sam. She was sitting in the corner of her bed; knees pulled to her chest. She looked defeated. Her face was red and blotchy; her eyes were bloodshot.

"What's wrong?" I moved towards her; sitting down beside her. I wrapped one arm around her shoulders and pulled her close to me. She let her legs go and stretched them in front of her; collapsing against me. I kissed the top of her head and held her close.

"Hey hey hey hey," I rubbed her back soothingly while she sobbed. "I'm here honey, I'm here."

She leaned away slightly and looked up at me.

"Take me to town? There's some thing I wanna get for the karaoke dinner tonight." Her eyes sparkled with tears, but the sincerity and seriousness of what she was asking shone through.

"Of course," I told her. "Are you alright?"

"I'll be okay," she half smiled at me and got up. "Do I look decent enough to go to town?"

I surveyed her current attire; grey jean cut off shorts, light blue, short sleeved polo shirt and grey canvas shoes. She was pulling her hair into a pony tail as I was looking at her.

"You look great to me," I smiled at her. "Honest."

"Can we go then?" she held out her hand to me. I slid off the bed and interlaced my fingers through hers.

"Let's go," she smiled at her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, filler chapter.