Australia

Chapter Forty Five

Nicks POV

I sat beside Sam who was smiling randomly. I looked at her; she was emanating happiness. Her smile made me smile. I really love her smile. It was always so bright, he perfect teeth were so white, her lips curled so beautifully. I'd only ever seen the smile reach her eyes three times; in the crowd when Joe held her hand, right before she kissed me in the treehouse and right now.

"What are you smiling at?" I asked Sam sliding closer to her slightly on the bench.

"Life," she answered simply, not looking at me.

"What about it?" I angled myself so I could watch her face.

"I never thought that all this would happen," she told me, angling herself toward me also. "I imagined this; being swept off my feet by a guy, falling hopelessly in love with him, spending the rest of my life happy."

Sam looked up at me; her smile making her eyes sparkle more than ever.

"I had imagined but never expected to happen like this," she continued, fiddling with a ring on her middle finger on her right hand. "Do you have any idea how long I had been infatuated with Joe? Ever since I saw the three of you on that episode of Hannah Montana; I fell hard. But, how I feel now is different. The feelings; they're more real."

She smiled a thoughtful smile at me. I bit the inside of my lip. I secretly wished she was saying these things about me. I smiled half heartedly at her. I felt her breathing change slightly as she rested her hand on my knee.

"You know how much you mean to me, don't you Nick?" she leaned down trying to catch my eye. She slid her hand only an inch higher on my thigh. I felt my breath catch in my throat, my palms became sweaty and I felt the colour drain from my face.

"Um, yeah," I gulped the saliva that was building in my mouth, down. "I, have to go."

I got up, grabbed my bag and walked out quickly. I felt Sam's eyes on me as I went; I just knew I had to get out of there.

Sam's POV

"Guys?" Joe's voice made me turn back to the dressing rooms. "Sam. Where's Nick?"

"Um, bathroom," I lied.

"Oh, well," the smiled returned to my boys face. "What do you think?

I got up and walked towards Joe. I stood with my hands on my hips in front of him; tilting my head to look at him. The dark grey suit complimented his tanned complexion and the simple lime green t-shirt made the green flecks in his deep brown eyes more noticable. I tilted my head the other way. I circled around him; running my hand across his broad shoulders. It really made him look handsome; not that anything could really improve that fact.

"I love it," I told him when I reached his front again. "I absolutely love it."

"And! It was my first choice," he smiled at me proudly.

I looked up at him. Looking into those eyes; the eyes that in every poster gave me chills, every interview made my heart palpatate, every song made my heart race. It was like we were in a bubble of our own; time had come to a stand still; the rest of the world didn't matter. My mouth was dry, my heart was racing; I wasn't sure what had overcome me. I broke the trance and looked around. Finding noone around us, I shoved Joe back into the dressing room behind him; locking the door behind us. I looked up at him: his eyes were slightly wide but I saw the excitement in them. It was then that I kissed him; a peck at first. He spun us around so I was up against the back wall of the dressing room. I looked into his eyes and his eyes bore into mine. I saw something in his eyes I hadn't seen before; lust. He kissed me on the lips with such fire and passion it caught me off guard. I felt his tongue begging for entry and I obliged; massaging his tongue with mine. I closed my eyes; my breathe was in my throat. I'd never been kissed like this before. Fire works were going off in my mind, lava whooshed over me, shooting stars sky rocketed. We then broke apart; both gasping for air. I looked into his eyes again; I saw the fire in his eyes but also shock about what just happened. I bit my lip and broke eye contact. He was quick she sweep my chin up with his hand and pressing a kiss to my lips again. He put both hands on the wall beside my head. I moved my hands to his hips and slowly slid them around his waist on the inside of his jacket. The passion in this kiss was as intense as the first one. Our tongues danced inside each others mouths. I grabbed fistfuls of the new crisp shirt and pulled him closer to me; pressing our bodies together.

I knock on the dressing room made us jump back to our senses; breaking apart gasping for air.

"Excuse me," a voice said. "Is there somebody in there?"

"Yes," Joe half squeaked. "We'll be out in a minute."

I looked at Joe with urgent eyes. He had just said we. He smacked himself on the forehead silently.

"We?" the voice sounded suspicious. "I demand that you open this door."

I rubbed some of my cherry gloss off the side of Joe's mouth. The person knocked again. I grabbed a tie and wrapped it around Joe's neck and unlocked the door very slowly and quietly. The person knocked again and the door opened.

"My, uh, cousin here was just helping me with my tie," Joe told the woman who stood there hand on her hips; the stern expression on her face was amusing. I looked at Joe after she answered. I was impressed with his lie: I busied myself with the tie to make his lie plausible.

"You could have done that out here, instead of occupying a change room," she told us, her face unchanged.

"Yes, we could have," I agreed. "We apologise."

I looked up at Joe who was smiling at the woman.

"Oh, and I'll take all this please," he gestured to the outfit he was wearing. The t-shirt was slightly crinkled.

The woman nodded sharply before turned on the heel of her sensible shoe and crossing the store back to the register.

"I honestly though we were busted for a second there," I giggled.

"Same here," he nodded. "Now come on. I need to pay for these. We have some dressed to check out."

I grinned at him before unknotting the tie and pulling it off. Joe looked at me, bemused.

"You look better without the tie," I smiled at him. He returned the smile before stepping out of the dressing room. I wasn't sure about Joe; but my heart was still pounding against my rib cage.
♠ ♠ ♠
Long-ish chapter, but what do you think?
Comments please!
Tell me your thoughts.