Australia

Chapter Fifty Two

Joe’s POV
It amused me greatly to see Sam blush so much over meeting Efron. I mean, it was only Zac Efron. But I guess, if what Nick had said about her crush, it was fair enough. I heard the opening beats to Much Better starting and had to run to catch up to my brothers. I ran and jumped up onto the moving platform and Nick tossed me a microphone from his place behind the piano at the back of the stage. I danced a little bit to the opening music; before opening my mouth and belting out the first verse.
I got a rep for breaking' hearts
Now I'm done with Super Stars
And all the tears on her guitar
I'm not bitter.


I looked over at Sam. She way looking up at me; smiling. Zac was looking at her.

Now I see everything I'd ever need
Is the girl in front of me
She's Much Better


I pointed at Sam from my position on the slowly moving podium. I smiled at her and she grinned at me. The rest of the song went off hitch free. Nick, Kevin and I all jumped down off the podium when we’re supposed to, ran over to the main stage and continued playing. After the song finished, I handed the microphone to one of the techs at side of stage. I hopped off stage and headed over to where Sam was sitting with Zac. She stood up as I approached; Zac stood as well.

“That was awesome,” she grinned and wrapped her arms around my neck. I wrapped my arms around her waist. “Not that you’re ever anything short of that.”

“Thanks for sitting with her Zac,” I held my hand out to Zac and he shook it.

“It’s no problem, man,” Zac shrugged. “She’s a pretty cool chick.”

“You can say that again,” I smiled down at Sam.

“Anyway, I have to go,” Zac told us. “It was nice meeting you Sam.”

“It was nice meeting you too,” she smiled.

“Will I see you tomorrow night?” he looked at both Sam and I.

“Definitely,” Sam smiled confidently at Zac as did i.

“Alright then,” Zac smiled in reply. “I guess I’ll see you then.”

Zac walked away from us and Sam turned to face me; she smiled up at me and laced her fingers through mine.

“I missed you,” she pouted.

“I missed you too,” he smiled at her adorable face. “Want to grab some dinner?”

“I’d love to,” she grinned.

I lead the way back stage and outside into the Los Angeles dusk.
♠ ♠ ♠
Super short; just a lead up to the events at the Teen Choice Awards.