Australia

Chapter Fifty Three

Nick’s POV

Joe, Kevin and I all stood in Kevin’s hotel room. The Teen Choice Awards red carpet arrivals were due to start in an hour but mum had insisted that we get ready as soon as possible; just in case. She had left the room before we got a chance to ask, just in case of what? We had started to get dressed about half an hour ago. I was pretty much dressed besides my black dress shoes and jacket. Joe currently stood in his black boxers and his green t-shirt. He yawned and laid back on one of the beds. I shook my head before walking into the bathroom and giving my appearance the once over.

“Dang it!” Kevin’s voice echoed from the main room. I walked back in there quickly.

“What? What’s wrong?” I asked urgently.

“This is why I don’t where button up shirts very often,” Kevin frowned down at his shirt.
The buttons weren’t lined up. He sat down on the bed opposite the one Joe was lying on. Joe grabbed the front of his own t-shirt.

“Should have stuck with a t-shirt bro,” Joe told him.

Kevin shushed Joe before standing up and trying again.

“Start at the bottom,” I suggested to Kevin and he did so. Joe sat up and we both watched our older brother do up each button successively. He looked up and proudly smiled. I shook my head and laughed.

There was a serious of knocks on the door. Joe jumped off the bed quickly and grabbed his pants; taking off into the bathroom. I laughed at my brother; Kevin chuckled and straightened the collar on his successfully buttoned up shirt.

“Come in,” I half laughed.

“Hey,” Sam’s voice greeted us.”Are you guys ready?”

I looked up and my breath hitched in my throat. I rubbed the back of my neck. Sam looked absolutely gorgeous. I gave her the once over. She was wearing those silver high heels she had bought the other week; they mad her legs look long and tanned. Her soft purple dress sat in the middle of her thigh; it had silver sparkles cast all over it. The dress was strapless and exposed her shoulders beautifully. A simple silver bangle sat around her right wrist and the locket Joe had given her for her birthday had been replaced for the evening by a silver chain with a heart shaped pendant. Her upper body seemed to have been dusted with a soft body glitter. Her hair was curled and had been swept to the left; sitting on her shoulder. The silver clutch purpose was held in her left hand. I looked her on the eye; a slight blush sat on her cheeks. Her eyes were framed with simple make up making the beautiful blue of her eyes stand out more. I couldn’t help but stare at her. She looked absolutely amazing. Kevin broke the awkward silence; clearing his throat purposely.

“Let me step in here, shall we?” Kevin walked up to Sam and pressed a soft kiss to her cheek. “You look beautiful.”

“Thank you Kevin,” she smiled her smile at him.

“Close your mouth Nick or you’ll catch flies,” Joe stepped from the bathroom and an his fingers through his hair.

“You look gorgeous, Sam,” I told her before taking Joe’s advice.

She smiled at me before wrapping her arms around Joe’s waist.

“You ‘re spectacular,” Joe pressed a kiss on her temple.

“Thanks babe,” she looked up at him and he kissed her on the mouth.

I felt a knot grow in my stomach; one of jealousy. I sat on the bed and pulled on my shoes; tying up the laces absent-mindedly. I leaned back on the bed and grabbed both mine and Joe’s jackets. I tossed his to him and slid my arms into my own. I rolled up my sleeves in my usual fashion. I looked up and watched as Sam tucked her clutch under her arm and helped Joe into his jacket. once in place he turned to face her. She adjusted the collar of the jacket. Joe pulled his sleeve up to him forearms as well.

“Now, all three of you step back and let me have a look at you,” Sam ordered us and we obliged. Kevin stood to the left, Joe beside him then me; in birth order. I looked at Sam; she was smiling. “Don’t you all look dashing.”

Chuffed by Sam’s admiration, i looked down and out of the corner of my eye, i saw my brothers do the same. Sam sat her clutch on one of the bed and moved to one opposite; taking Kevin’s jacket in her hand she held it out, gesturing for him to slip his arms into the arm holes. He obliged; sliding into it effortlessly. Sam smoothed out the front of the jacket, pulled it closed and smiled at Kevin. She reached up and pushed back a stray curl of Kevin’s mop.

“Handsome,” Sam smiled at Kevin. He returned her smile.
She then moved onto Joe. She fiddled with his hair, straightening it out a bit with her fingers; pulled his t-shirt down straight.

“Turn,” she told him and he did so. She ran her hand along the top of Joe’s jacket; straightening it over his shoulders. “Turn back.”

Joe turned back to face his smiling girlfriend. She took each of his forearms in her hands and fixed the cuffs; making them even. She then tilted her head and smiled at him.

“Gorgeous,” she told him; she earned a grin from my gushing older brother.

Sam side stepped to stand in front of me. She tilted her head at me; smiling. She ran her hands over the front of my jacket. Finding no creases she told me to turn. She did the same along the back of my jacket.

“Face me,” she said and i obliged.

“Perfect.” She smiled at me and i smiled back.

She stepped back; looking each of us over again.

“Seriously,” Kevin exclaimed. “Where were you when i was struggling with my buttons?”

We all laughed at Kevin; Sam obviously thinking he was kidding.

“We should probably get going,” Joe stepped out of the line and took Sam’s hand in his.

“Yeah, we probably should,” i agreed leading the way out the door of the hotel room. We walked to the elevator and travelled down to the lobby. Joe kissed Sam on the cheek before letting go of her hand. We stepped out and headed to the limo that was waiting outside the hotel. Sam slid in first; followed by Joe Kevin and I. Once in the limo, Joe turned to Sam. I looked at him; curious.

“i’m still not sure what you’re going to do while we’re up on stage and all that,” Joe interlaced his fingers thorugh Sam’s again. She smiled at him warmly.

“Don’t worry about me,” she told him. “I’ll find somewhere to sit.”

“You could always sit with mum and Frankie,” Kevin suggested.

“I tried that,” i told him. “All the seats were filled. Sam’s seating placement is a mystery.”

“Guys, don’t worry,” she smiled at all of us. “I’ll find somewhere to sit. I promise.”

“Are you sure?” Joe put his arm around her now; pulling her closer to him.

“Positive,” she grinned at him. “You guys concentrate on your hosting duties and i’ll worry about a seat.”
Joe looked reluctantly but smiled Sam.

“Okay,” he hugged her and the limo slowed to a stop.

“Here we go,” Kevin grinned and moved to the door first. Joe slid next and i followed. I held out my hand to Sam. She took it daintily and stepped out.

“Thank you, Nicholas,” she smiled at me.

“You’re welcome, Samantha.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Credit to Tenikarr for Sam's attire.
Thank you so much!
For a visual image please click the link below.
http://www.polyvore.com/jo-bro_fanfic/set?id=14624706