Australia

Chapter Fifty Four

Sam’s POV

With a final hug at the entry door, Nick, Joe and Kevin left me standing alone; that is after alot of persuasion. I watched them walk away; Joe turning once more and waving to me. I waved back then shooed him away. I looked around aimlessly. I used my fingers to lightly flick a loose stand of my fringe out of my eyes. I was proud of how I looked tonight. Joe thought so too; which is what mattered. I smiled politely as alot of people walked by me; only a few returned the smile. It was understandable given that they didnt know who i was. They probably figured i was some new Disney actress or something; not worth talking to.

I walked for a bit so i was away from the door. I glanced over and spotted Zac. He had his arm around Vanessa Hudgens who was looking lovely in a black dress. Zac meanwhile was dessed in casual jeans and a bright blue button down. Even from here i saw how much it brought our his eyes. He did a double take before smiling at me.

“You look good,” he mouthed and i smiled at him.

“Thank you,” I mouthed back.

Vanessa looked at me, then at Zac. She looked back at her again. I smiled politely. Before turning my back on them. I heard Vanessa turn on Zac.

“Who’s that?” she demanded.

“It’s Samantha,” Zac told her simply. I could just feel the smirk playing on his face.

“And she is who exactly?”

“She’s a friend of the Jonas boys,” he told her. “I met her yesterday. I kind of babysat while they were rehearsing.”

“Oh,” Vanessa fell back.

“She’s pretty cool.”

I tried to not let my blush cover my entire body as I entered the main arena. I looked around; seats were filling fast throughout the auditorium. I recgonised so many faces from tv and movies that i had not only watched; but thoroughly enjoyed. I switched my glance to the stage. It was currently in darkness; apart from small lights the lines the side of the stage. There were teens standing in the pit around the stage. I fell back into the memory of a little over three months ago; when it was me standing in the pit looking up at my three heroes, falling for Joe Jonas all over again, having him look down at me and hold my hand. His smile caused my knees to become jelloid. I smiled at the memory and smacked into the back of someone.

“Bloody hell,” a hoarse mans voice yelled; a hint of an accent lacing the annoyed tone.

“Oh my gosh, i’m so sorry,” I tried to decrease his t-shirt. He turned around and I stood face to face with Ed Westwick.

“No,” he smirked at me. “That’s quite alright.”

“Im sorry,” i said again looking down.

“It really is alright,” he assured me. “No harm done.”

“Right, okay,” i glanced around aimlessly again.

“What’s a beautiful young woman like yourself, doing wandering around without an escort?” he tilted his head slightly. He obviously used this habit in the show. Chuck was constantly looking at people with his head slanted like that.

“Trying to find somewhere to sit,” i answered honestly. “I’m not a crasher or anything, i cam here with someone. Theyre just needed backstage.”

“Thats perfectly alright,” he smiled at me. “Would you like to sit with me?”

“No, no,” I smiled nervously. “It’s alright.”

“I insist,” he ran his hand down my bare armf rom my shoulder to my wrist. I shovered. “I don’t have a date this evening.”

“Well, alright,” i caved. “If you insist.”

He rested his hand on the small of my back and guided me to one of the soft chairs in the front row.

“Sit here,” he smiled at me. “I’ll go get us a drink.”

“But i dont...” I started but he had walked away. I sat down; smiling as I did so. After a few moment Zac walked past; Vanessa holding on to his arm. I stood up to greet them.

“Hi Vanessa,” I held out my hand. “I’m Sam.”

“Nice to meet you,” she half smiled; her sweet tone clearly forced.

“You enjoy yourself tonight,” Zac smiled; giving me a one armed hug with his free arm.

“You too,” I wrapped my arm loosely around his waist and inhaled his scent. That was definitely a memory. “And, goodluck.”

“Thanks,” he smiled his trademark smile to me and walked away. I sat back down just as Ed approached. He handed my a glass. I subtly sniffed it; i couldn’t smell alcohol so i took a sip.

“Thank you,” I smiled at him as he sat down beside me; admittedly a little too close. “For letting me sit with you.”

‘As i said, it’s no problem,” he returned the smile. “I didnt catch your name.”

“Sam, or Samantha,” i told him. “Which ever you prefer.”

“I like Samantha,” his accent crooned. I found myself lost in his eyes. “You can call me Edward. It would make us even.”

“Alright, Edward,” i grinned.

“Is that an Australian accent I hear?” he leaned forward; closer to me.

“Yes,” i tried to smirk back at him. “Is that a British accent i hear?”

“But of course,” he sipped his drink and leant back in the chair.

The lights dipped and the teenagers in the crowd went insane. The screen above the stage lit up and announced a “Presidential Report.” Nick, joe and Kevin come running on to the screen and i smiled. The girls in the crowd went nuts again. I looked at Ed; he looked unimpressed by the goings-on. I onder what he would say if he knew I “rolled” with the Jonas Brothers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay for Ed Westwick!
Comment if you love Gossip Girl. <3