Australia

Chapter Fifty Six

Sam’s POV

After a heap of awards and two more of Edward’s drinks, the boys got up and introduced the Glee cast. I screamed louder than i usually would when I saw them on stage. Edward rolled his eyes and me and rested his arm on the back of the chair behind me. The Glee cast who all looked amazing, introduced Sean Kingston singing “Fire Burning.”

Somebody call 911!
Shawty fire burning on the dance floor
Whoa!
(Fire Burning, Fire Burning) What a gwaan!


I stood up and tugged on Edwards hand.

“What are you doing?” he asked.

“We are dancing,” i told him, tugging on his hand again. He gave in and we danced.

“Why are we dancing?” he asked me; amused by me wiggling my hands in his face.

“Because, this song has a beat,” i grinned at him and wiggled my hips; bouncing up and down on the balls of my feet. Edward danced with me. He held my hand and turned me around himself. I laughed at him and he smirked his smirk at me; raising an eyebrow.

“What?” I asked still smiling at him and grooving.

“You’re hot,” he told me holding onto my hip and pulling him closer to me.

“Thank you,” Iblushed. “But we can’t dance this close.”

I grabbed his hand and pulled it off me; making myself dance around him again. He smirked at me. I mimicked his smirk and snorted with laughter. The song finished and Edward pulled me back to sit down. I sat down and laughed again.

The screen lit up and the “Dare The Jonas Brothers” music played. An overhead female voice boomed over the screams that filled the auditorium again; “It’s time to dare the Jonas Brothers.”
I didnt make a sound. The lights on stage came on and Kevin, Joe and Nick stood in the middle of the stage in that order.

“Joe’s volunteered to take on the first dare,” Kevin told the audience. “How are you feeling Joe? Are you ready for anything?”

“Just about anything,” Joe replied, pursing his lips together and releasing again. “But you’re kind of scaring me.”

“Okay! Lets find out what you’ve signed up for,” Nick told the crowd; the three turned to look at the screen.

The screen scrolled through a bunch of girls before a young blonde girl popped up.

“Hey Jonas Brothers,” he sweet little voice said. “Alright. My dares for Joe. Joe, i dare you to get all your hair cut off, on stage.”

I gasped at the little girls request; the auditorium echoed with a chorus of squeals, screams and boos. They were going to cut his hair off? They can’t do that! They can’t cut my Joe’s hair! I love his hair!
Nick patted Joe on the shoulder; Joe stood with his arms crossed, his face was nervous.

“Wow,” Kevin said.

The squeals and boos contiuned as the boys looked around at the crowds reactions.

“I heard alot of, uh, boos on that one,” Kevin turned to Joe. “I think i’m really gonna love this one actually.”

“I wont!” I said loudly; gaining some looks from the people around me. I sunk into my chair a bit.

“Um, okay,” Kevin continued. I wasn’t sure if he heard me, “Are you up for that Joe?”

“I- Idont know about this guys,” Joe grinned nervously, looking around. His eyes met mine. I stared at him trying to convey my feelings for this situation. “I dont think we should do this.”

Nick mumbled inaudibly then said, “Lets meet your new hair stylist.”

Nick was going to let them cut Joes hair? I was so kicking his butt when my boyfriend is bald. I took a big wig of my drink before putting it on the floor at my feet.

“Let’s bring him out,” Kevin agreed.

Oh, I’m going to have to kick his butt too. A microphone lowered from the ceiling; resembling those used in boxing rings.

“Ladies and gentleman, the former heavyweight champion of the world; the most feared man in boxing, and a nominee tonight for the Hangover, “Iron” Mike Tyson,” Kevin turned to watch Mike Tyson come out form behind the wall at the back.

Nick pushed Joe into a chair. The look on Joe’s face was of complete fear. Mike Tyson had a pair of hedge trimmers in his hands. I cringed and put my hands over my mouth. Joe turned in his chair and watched him walk towards him. He turned back around and looked into the audience. Kevin ran in and put a smock over Joe’s clothes. Joe bit his lip and i bit mine. They couldnt really be doing this. Mike walked down and Kevin took the sheers from him. I watched as Joe turned and looked up at Mike.

“Hi,” he said in a small voice; definitely unusual for Joe.

“Hi,” Mike answered, smilign at him. He pulled out scissors and started playing with them; still looking at Joe. “I recommend that you sit very still. Otherwise someone could get hurt; and you know i hate to see people get hurt.”

Joe nodded slowly, still biting his lip.

“I can’t believe what I’m seeing,” Kevin breathed. “Is this really going to happen?”

Mike Tyson grabbed Kevin’s arm forcefully and Kevin Cringed.

“Shut up, Kevin,” he threatened. “Or you’re next.”

Kevin backed away, clutching the hedge sheers.

“Let the head cutting begin!” Nick announced and he too backed off.

Mike Tyson grabbed a chuck of Joe’s hair on the top of his head and chopped it off. I gasped along with the rest of the girls in the crowd. He grabbed another chunk and cut it; handing it to Kevin. Then another; dropping it in Joe’s lap; and another.

“I can’t take this anymore,” Nick stepped in front of Joe; blocking him from my view. Thank goodness; Nick had seen sense. “While Joe gets his hair cut, please help me welcome Emma Roberts and Hayden Panettiere.”

What? He still had to do it!? I was seeing rage. Damn that little girls dare. As Emma and Hayden walked out, Mike and the boys left the stage and went back stage. Great, next time i see Joe he’ll be bored.

“Hey, Edward,” I leaned into Ed slightly; honestly i had almost forgotten he was there.

“Yes, my sweet,” He turned and smiled to me.

“Can i have another drink?” i smiled sweetly.

“Of course you may,” He returned the smile and got up; walking back towards back stage. Truth be told, i wanted to follow him and yell at Joe for taking up that dare but i resisted the temptation. I watched the nominees for the fresh face awards alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
I sat and watched the TCA's again on youtube to get the speech right.
Comments?