Australia

Chapter Fifty Nine

As Edward and I sat back in the chair; the stage lit up and the boys were on stage. I looked up to find a row of girls standing on the stage beside Nick; on his other side stood Joe and Kevin. Joe was spinning a whistle like a propeller in his right hand.

“Okay everybody,” Joe smiled, spinning the whistled again. “It’s time once again to play the game that’s sweeping the nation.”

The three of the looked up as the screen told it was “Dare the Jonas Brothers” time. We have one next; Nick.

“Our third and final dare is for brother Nick,” Kevin pressed his palms together in front of him. “This dare is the most exciting and dangerous of all, because it involves the most special people on earth; the Jonas Brothers fans. We have 20 of the most dedicated and intelligent fans on stage right now. Hello.”
Kevin leaned forward and looked at the fans.

“Nick, let’s find out what your dare is, okay?” Joe smirked and looked up the screen.

Nick nodded.

The screen lit up and scrolled through girls again; landing on a brunette girl with braces.

“I dare Nick Jonas to hug as many fans as he can,” she smiled and her face disappeared.

“Wow,” Kevin pulled a face. “Okay. Hug as many fans as you can for Nick J. Here’s how it’s going to work. Nick you have just 20 seconds to successively hug all these fans. And let’s just be clear; it just hugs. We’re not going for long term relationships here, girls. Okay? Okay. After 20 seconds passes, our referee Joe, will blow his whistle.”

Joe dangled the whistle over his head and screwed up his nose. Even threw my half blurry, half sober eyes, i could see how adorable he was.

“It’s for the fans,” Nick nodded; his hands clasped behind his back again. “I’m up for it.”

“Now, if i see any holding girls,” Joe turned to the fans. “I’ll blow my whistle. No longer than five seconds. You got that? Five seconds?”

He rested his hand on Nick’s shoulder.

“Nick, are you ready to play?” Joe asked and Nick nodded.

“Let’s do it,” he smiled at Joe.

“Okay,” Joe answered taking his hand of his shoulder. “Let the hugging begin.”

“Go!” Kevin shouted as Joe blew his whistle.

Nick made his way along the line; hugging each fan quickly. He got to Kim Kardashian and she held on to him. Joe blew his whistle and told her off.

“I’ve so been there,” I laughed. I felt so ridiculous laughing at nothing, but I couldn’t help it. I’d never been drunk before.

“Been where?” Edward asked; cocking an eyebrow at me. I poked his eyebrow and he lowered it. He laughed at me.

“Hugging nick!” I told him; grinning like a mad woman. “He’s like my best friend.”

“You’re friends with Nick Jonas?” Edward raised that eyebrow again and sipped his drink. I didn’t poke it this time.

“I’m friends with all the Jonas Brothers,” I told him; polishing off another glass of Vodka raspberries. “Aren’t you?”

“Ah, no,” Edward shook his head and laughed at me. I was feeling as light as a feather; like I was floating on a cloud.

“Oh you should be,” I rested my hand on Edward’s chest and giggled moronically again. “They’re so awesome.”

“But I'm more awesome right?” Edward half whispered right into my ear. I was glad Joe couldn’t see this. He would beat the living crap out of Ed. He slid his hand onto my knee and slightly up my thigh; he edged his fingers up the inside of the hem on my dress. I rested my hand on top of his to stop him.

“But of course, Mr. Westwick.” I laughed.

“I'm glad,” he smirked; his English accent stronger since he was slurring slightly. “Would you like to go backstage with me? I’ll buy you another drink.”

“Sure,” i replied without hesitation. Edward stood up and I followed after him. I grabbed my shoes in one hand and tucked my clutch under my arm; taking his arm with the opposite arm. Edward and I walked away from the crowd; travelling backstage. I heard the cheers for the Twilight cast being called up to receive 11 awards. I was impressed.

Edward sat me down on a emerald green sofa backstage. I ran my hand over the fabric; it was really soft. I looked up as Ed handed me another drink. I sipped it; careful not to spill it. My hands were shaking slightly. I coughed; before guzzling down the rest of it. Ed laughed at me and i laughed at him; poking his cheek.

I heard someone on stage announcing Kevin, Joe and Nick winning five awards. I cheered in the half empty room; my voice echoing off the walls.

“Shh, sweets,” Edward laughed at me again. “We have to be quiet back here."

The opening beats of World War Three started playing and i stood up; swaying and staggering slightly. I carefully pulled my shoes back on; trying to dance as I did so. I heard Nick’s voice.

Tonight I walked into the bedroom
You were visibly upset
Tellin' me I made a bad move
But I didn't do nothin'
You start screamin' wake the neighbours
Now everybody's out for blood
Didn't want no confrontation
'Cause of you that's what I've got


I started walking towards the auditorium.

“Wait,” Edward grabbed my wrist. “Where are you going?”

“I love this song,” i slurred. “I should be out there cheering and stuff.”

“Wouldn’t you rather be back here with me?” Edward smirked and patted the seat beside him. I blushed and sat down.

“That’s better,” he smiled and rested his arm on the back of the chair behind me again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yet another update tonight.
I'm on a roll.
Keep the comments coming, my friends.
Am i going in the right direction?
Let me know.