Australia

Chapter Sixty One

Joe's POV

We sat silently in the limo; Kevin, Nick, Mum, Dad, Frankie, James, Rob, Sam and myself. Noone was talking you could cut the tension with a knife. Frankie was curled up against Rob; he was the only one with an excuse not to talk. I looked up at my family; Mum and Dad were sitting beside each other; quietly, possibly deep in thought. I didn't know.

I glanced at my brothers; Nick was typing something on his phone. Who could he be texting at this hour? He then passed then phone to Kevin. Kevin looked at me and I caught his eye. He looked back at Nick and typed something on Nick's phone. He then passed it to him. They were probably talking about Sam; or me.

I sighed and glanced at Sam. She was staring blankly out the window. Her body then convulsed and she broke into a fit of laughter.

Everyone in the limo jumped; including me.

"What's so funny?" I asked her.

She didn't answer. She slid her way closer to me. She leaned up and poke my cheek with her index finger.

"Hello you," she slurred at me.

"Hello," I told her pointedly.

I grabbed her hand and placed it in her lap. Right now, I didn't want her touching me or talking to me. I didn't understand what had possessed her; why'd she do it? Why?

"Oh," Sam whispered to noone in particular and slid back over to the window.

She pulled out her phone and fiddled with it; typing a message. She slid it closed and glanced back out the window. A few moments later, Nick's text tone went off. I looked at him and he shrugged to me. He looked at his phone and frowned at the message; he typed something back. Sam's phone vibrated in her hand. I tried to make out what Nick had said back.

Joe doesn't hate you.

I sighed at the message. She thinks I hate her. Great. I don't hate her; I'm just ashamed of her. I strongly dislike that Westwick guy for buying her the drinks but I don't hate Sam; how could I hate her? I love her.

The limo pulled up outside the hotel and Rob led the way out of the limo; carrying Frankie. He'd had a big night; winning a surfboard and everything.

We followed; Nick and I helped Sam. Kevin held open the hotel door and we made our way to the elevator. I stood in the back; Sam holding on to me like her life depended on it.

Sam whispered something but it was so soft I didn't catch it.

"What?" I leant down and whispered in her ear.

"I'm sorry Joe," she whispered again; her voice shallow and blank.

"Don't worry about it pet," I kissed her temple.

The elevator dinged and the doors slid open; each of us walking to our rooms. Kevin, Nick and I stood in between our two doors. I had been sharing a room with Sam but I was reluctant to do so tonight. I looked up at my brothers; their expressions both not giving an indications of their thoughts.

"I don't know if I want to stay in there tonight," I confessed to them.

"Joey bear," Sam whined; her words still slurring together slightly.

"Yes?" I asked her; not breaking eye contact with my brothers.

"I'm sleepy," she rubbed hers eyes with he hands.

"Problem solved, Joe," Kevin rubbed his hand togethers.

"She'll crash Joe," Nick assured me. "You have nothing to worry about."

I sighed; knowing they were right.

"I'll stay with you Sam," I told her flatly.

"Good," she half smiled a crooked smile. She blinked slowly.

"I have to pee," Nick announced and walked towards the common bathrooms on the floor. They were the only ones that flushed after midnight. It was like the switched off the water to the rooms.

I sighed and unlocked the door to Sam and my room. Sam walked in first; staggering slightly. I followed and closed the door. I slid the lock across and turned around. I was suddenly shoved back against the door; hard.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?