Australia

Chapter Sixty Five

Sam’s POV

He hates me. Joe hates me. He hates me for everything I did last night. He hates me for the drinking, for missing his performance, for sitting with Ed Westwick and most of all for throwing my drunken self at him in the hotel room. I sighed at Nick, Kevin and I entered the dining hall. I spied the Jonas family; minus Joe and grabbed onto Nick’s arm.

“Good morning Sam” Paul smiled at me.

“Morning,” I said politely.

“How are you feeling?” Denise smiled; filling the glasses on the table with orange juice.

“I’ve been better to tell you the truth,” I replied and sat down. Kevin and Nick sat on either side of me and helped themselves to the food that was laid out on the long table. I shook my head at everything that was offered to me. I sipped my juice in silence. I did not want to draw any more attention to myself then i already had.

“Good morning, Joe,” Denise’s warm voice announced into the silence; over my head.

I turned around to find Joe standing a few feet away; he was wearing his jeans, shoes and shirt from last night. I looked at his face and half smiled at him. His face was tired. My eyes met his and he scoffed.

“Suddenly I’ve lost my appetite,” he told us in a flat tone. He turned on his heel and walked away from us.

“Joe, wait,” Nick stood up and called after his brother.

“No,” I stopped Nick. “I’ll go.”

I walked away from the family; I felt each pair of eyes on me. I saw Joe walk into the elevator and decided to take the stairs. We were only three floors up and I was too fidgety to stand and wait for an elevator. I made my way up the stairs slowly; giving Joe a chance to calm down before he saw me again.

When I made it to the door of mine and Joe’s hotel room, I heard the shower running. I entered the room. I sat down on the edge of bed and waited for Joe to finish. I took of Joe’s vest and lay it beside me; I doubted that he wanted the girl he hated to be wearing an item of his clothing. The shower shut off and I glanced up at the bathroom door. I waited; Joe stepped out of the bathroom, steam followed him. He gave him a once over. He looked good dressed in jeans and a blue/green flannelette print shirt. He rubbed his hair with the towel hard before looking up. He flicked his damp fringe out of his eyes and looked at me. His expression the same as what it had been in the dining hall.

“I have to go,” Joe said quietly, turning away from me and walking slowly to the door.

“Joe please,” I begged; standing up. “Just talk to me.”

Joe turned on me. He walked right up close to me; his face inches from mine.

“About what, Sam?” he asked. I heard both sadness and anger in his voice. “What do you want to talk about; flirting with that Westwick guy, getting drunk or throwing yourself at me last night?”

“All of it?” I replied in a small voice. I looked at my feet. I noticed Joe wasn’t wearing any shoes.

“Save it,” he snapped. Joe made his way to the door. I ran over and stood between him and the door.

“Talk to me,” I demanded.

“I don’t want to talk to you,” he hissed through clenched teeth. “Now. Let. Me. Go.”

I took his face in my hands and kissed him softly on the lips. I slid my eyes closed. Joe was tense at first and then relaxed. His lips soften beneath mine. I pulled away from him slightly and looked up at him; into his eyes. They were softer; not as angry.

“Fine,” Joe sighed stepping backwards away from me. “Talk.”

I reached up and ran fingers through his wet hair. He closed his eyes as I did this. I smiled at him. He opened his eyes again the hazel bore down into my blue.

“I’m sorry Joe,” I told him; looking him directly in the eye.

Joe looked away. I took his chin softly in my hand and pulled his face back to look at me.

“I am sorry Joe,” I repeated, emphasising the am. “I really mean it. I never meant for any of what happened last night to happen.”

He scoffed.

“I’m telling the truth,” I pushed. “I didn’t even know what I was drinking until I stumbled slightly and Westwick called me intoxicated.”

Joe’s eyes snapped up to look in mine. He was furious.

“He didn’t even ask you what you wanted to drink?” he practically yelled. I shook my head slowly.

“No he didn’t,” I bit me lip. “I couldn’t taste it.”

Joe sighed.

“And about the flirting with him,” I said, my voice returning to normal. “I swear that was all the alcohol talking.”

“Really?” Joe flicked his fringe out of his eyes; it had fallen back down. I raked my fingers through his hair again, pushing his fringe back.

“Of course,” I smiled at him. “He’s not even that attractive.”

Joe cocked an eyebrow at me; obviously not believing me.

“Besides, my mind and heart are already preoccupied,” I smiled.

“Oh really now?” Joe smiled now. “Who by?”

“Oh, Zac Efron of course,” I told Joe, trying not to laugh. I flipped my hair back like a stereotypical air head. “He’s such a dish.”

Joe looked at me and I slapped him on the shoulder.

“I’m kidding you dork,” I shook my head. “You deserved that for asking who.”

“Okay, okay!” Joe held his hands up in mock surrender.

“About last night, in the hotel room,” I took a deep breath. This was the bit I was dreading.

“Do you want to go grab a coffee?” he interrupted.

“What?” I asked; looking at him.

“It’s okay,” he tucked a stray piece of my hair behind my ear. “You don’t have to explain anymore.”

“Alright,” I smiled. “Coffee would be great.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I wasn't sure about angry Joe.
What do you guys think?

Thank you so much to my new subscribers and readers.
You guys make me smile!