Australia

Chapter Sixty Eight

August 13

Joes POV

I was getting sick of seeing Nick and Sam together. They came back from getting maccas about an hour later; they were holding hands as they entered the dinner hall . They chose to sit at a table by themselves; talking quietly amongst themselves. When I saw Nick dip a chip into the swirl of the chocolate sundae and pop it in Sam's mouth, I had had enough.

"Mum, do you mind if I went upstairs?" I had looked at my mum; gesturing in the direction of Sam and Nick with my eyes. My mum just smiled and nodded at me.

"Thank you," I pushed my chair back on the hardwood floor and stood up.

With one last glance at my brother and my girlfriends flirtacious behaviour, I walked away; making my way to the elevator. I jabbed the button and the doors slid open almost immediately. I stepped inside, hit the button for level three and leaned against the back door.

What had I done to deter Sam from me? I had told her I love her. Did I scare her off? Did I scare her right into the arms of my kid brother? I sighed at the that thought. I really shouldn't have told her.

Now I lay on top of my bed in my hotel room. Sam had, once again, not came back to our room last night. She probably opted to stay with Nick. Its mid afternoon; around 2ish. I had watched Nick and Sam sit close at the breakfast table, quietly whispering to each other. I had watched Nick and Sam casually flirt wirth each other. I had watch Nick and Sam hold hands. I had watch Nick tuck a strand of Sam's hair behind her ear and I had watch Sam fiddled with Nick's diabetes dogtag. I also noticed that Sam wasn't wearing the locket I got her for her birthday; it had been replaced with a medical alert tag of her own. I watched as they coordinated their clothing; both were dressed in black jeans and converses. Nick wore a mint green, short sleeved, button down and Sam wore a t-shirt of the same colour. It was like they just fitted together and I was just the glue keeping them as one.

It wasn't fair. But I guess it was my own fault.

"Hey Joe," Sam's voice broke into my thoughts. I sat up and looked at her. She walked over to her suitcase.

"Hey," I responded in a mocking tone. "Decided to talk to me now?"

Sam turned to look at me before turning back to her suitcase, facing away from me. She pulled her t-shirt over her head and replaced it with a feminine white blouse. I hated what her appearance did to me. My heart raced, my palms were sweaty and I couldn't help but smile at her.

"I mean, I am your boyfriend," I continued. I noticed her cringe at the word boyfriend. I stood up and walked over to her; wrapping my arms around her middle from behind.

"Are you alright?" I cooed into her ear.

"Fine," she half smiled; I took note of the slightly abrasiveness in her voice.

"So, what's the occasion?" I stepped back away from her.

"We're going bowling," she told me simply. "You want to come?"

I thought about it for a moment.

"Who's going?" I asked.

"Kevin, Frankie, Rob, me, and Nick," Sam smiled.

"Well, you are down a player," I smiled back at her. "I'm in.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, what do you guys think about the sensitive side of Joe?
What's going on with Nick and Sam?
Is bowling really that great of an idea?
Stay tuned.
Comments are appreciated. =)