Australia

Chapter Seven

Joe's POV

The drive the hotel was long. Or, maybe it felt long because of how tense I felt. Sam had been tense since we left the venue and her tenseness must be contagious. It was like having a slab of concrete leaning against my torso; a slab of concrete that smelled like apples and pine; as well as sweat. But the fruity smell overwhelmed it. I wish she would relax. I rubbed her shoulder with my thumb. I felt her tense even more; if it was possible. Both Nick and Kevin had dozed off again. I didn't know why I was still awake. I sighed. What could I do to make this girl relax, for Pete’s sake?

"I'm sorry," she whispered, leaning away from me.

I sat up straight, adjusting myself so I could look at her properly. Had she actually spoken to me?

"Pardon?" I mock queried, cupping my ear with my hand.

"I'm sorry," she repeated. "I didn't mean to offend you or anything."

"No, no, no!" I assured her. "It's okay. I was kidding. I was trying to lighten the mood. you haven't really said much." I shrugged at her and chewed my bottom lip. Damn you, Joe. Just talk to the girl.

“So, do you want to start again?” I offered. “I mean, I don’t think you’d like to be known as ‘the girl who passed out at the Jonas Brothers concert.’”

“No,” she blushed. “I don’t want that.” She shook her head and studied her hands. The limo pulled up at the hotel.

“Come on,” I told her, grabbing her hand. “We’ll talk inside.”

I woke up Nick and Kevin who lead the way to the hotel rooms. Cameras flashed annoyingly as I pulled Sam towards the hotel. We entered the elevator. Nick leaned against the back wall beside Kevin; we were all as fed up with the paparazzi as each other. Nick opted to stay in Kevin’s room so me and Sam could “have some alone time.” I rolled my eyes at them. Good-nights were passed between the four of us; before we entered our individual rooms.

“So,” I shrugged sitting down on my bed, gesturing for her to join me. She sat on the bed opposite me.

“So,” she repeated.

“What’s your name?” I asked her.

4 hours later

Samantha Leigh Riley and myself talked all night; about everything from our families, schools, friends; even our exes. She had told me her full name and that she’s 17; her birthdays in June. She lives with her mum, dad and little brother Sean. She also told me that her mum thought she was too over obsessed with me and the band, her dad thinks I’m creepy and her brother thinks she’s nuts for even listening to us. I had laughed when she told me that, and she had slapped my arm.

I’m not going to lie. I found her cute; so cute that I wanted to spend more time with her.

“Sammy,” I smiled. “Will you hang out with me for the rest of the day?”

I saw her blush before she nodded, smiling. I think she likes her nickname. I smiled.

“But, I’d like to get changed though,” she told me, still smiling. She looked down at herself. She was still in her red dress from last night, and my jacket. I must say, she looked better in that jacket than I did. The black of the jacket really complimented the red of the dress.

“Yeah, of course,” I stood up, walking over to grab her heels from beside the door. “I’ll get Big Rob to take you to your house in the limo.” I texted Rob. Shortly after, there was a knock at the door. I smiled at her and she smiled at me. She stood up and walked over to me. She licked her lips before leaning up to kiss me on the cheek.

“So, um,” I stuttered. “Want to meet for breakfast at like, 9?”

“Yeah,” she smiled, clearly happy with the effect her kiss had on me. “Sounds great; where?”

“The café next to this hotel makes a great croissant,” I grinned. “And the coffee’s fantastic.”

Given that I hadn’t slept last night, I was going to need the caffeine pick me up. She smiled at me again.

“Perfect,” she bit her lip. “I’ll see you then.”

I opened the door for her and watched Rob escort her to the elevator. the lift dinged and she stepped inside, making her invisible to me. I closed the door again and threw myself down on my bed. I grinned to myself. I heard the door open and look up to see Nick smirking. He turned on the television.

“Have a good night then?”

“You have no idea.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Short and crappy.
It'll get better.
Comments?