Australia

Chapter Seventy Two

Sam’s POV

I stood there gaping at Joe. I was completely shocked by what he had just said. How could he possibly think that I was going to break up with him. I thought back. Had I given him any sort of signal to indicate that this was over? I love him how could he possibly….

“What?” I said, my mouth betraying my mind. It came out loud and a few octaves higher than my usual voice. Joe’s facial expression changed; clearly he hadn’t caught on.

I sensed over 200 pairs of eyes on Joe and myself. I broke eye contact with Joe and looked at the crowd. I smiled politely and held up my pointer finger to them.

“Will you excuse us for a second?” I smiled and grabbed Joe’s wrist. I dragged him back to the alleyway we previously crossed. I attempted to spin him around and he backed against a wall. I paced back and forth a few times. I didn’t understand this. What was he thinking? Why had he even thought that? Why? Joe Jonas thought I was going to break up with him? If ever, it’d be the other way around. I don’t get it. Why would he….?

“Sam?” Joe interrupted in a small voice.

I stopped pacing and walked up to him standing about a foot away. I took a deep breath and looked up at him slowly. He looked so small, so vulnerable. Defeated would be a good word too. I had to get to the bottom of this.

“Why Joe?” I asked; my voice as small as his.

He simply tilted his head in response. I sighed and took a small step forward.

“Why’d you think I was going to break up with you?” I tried to look him in the eye but he looked down.

“Because,” he bit his lip.

“Because, why?” my voice was soft; unthreatening.

“Ithoughtyoudidntloveme,” he spoke softly and quickly; barely making his confession audible.

“What made you think that?”

“You did,” he looked up at me now. “You were practically ignoring me. You haven’t spoken a word to be in four days. Yes I’ve been counting. You were being all coupley with Nick. You were sitting close and whispering. You were holding hands and hugging him. If he didn’t mean so much to you I would’ve given him a piece of my mind.”

“Joe,” I shook my head. “You’re being ridiculous.”

“Oh really?” Joe’s voice was raised slightly.

“Yes, really,” I argued back.

“I saw you kiss him, Sam,” he stepped around me and leant against the wall on the other side.

Kiss him? Kiss Nick? I turned around and walked up close to Joe again.

“You mean this,” I pressed a kiss to the piece of cheek close to Joe’s mouth. The same sort of kiss I gave Nick the night before.

“Yes. Wait, no. that wasn’t it,” he wiped the spot with the back of his hand.

“Yes it was Joe,” I half smiled at him. “It was goodnight kiss. You know me and Nick are just friends.”

“If you’re just friends, then why have you been holding hands with him and hugging him,” he crossed his arms across his chest loosely. “Why have you been with him day and night?”

“He’s been helping me plan this for you,” I admitted. “And he helped me with your present.”

Joe’s face fell from his defensiveness. I pulled his arms out of the cross and laced my fingers through his.

“Joseph Jonas,” I leaned in close. “You’re the only one I enjoy kissing.”

I kissed him on the lips softly and felt him smiling. I pulled away and he was smiling at me.

“You promise?” he licked his lips.

“I promise you the world,” I smiled at Joe. “I love you Joe.”

Joe’s POV

Had she just said what I thought she had?

“What?” I breathed. I looked her in the eyes; the sparkling blue looked violet in the neon lights. She smiled and her eyes shone.

“I, Samantha Leigh Riley, love you, Joseph Adam Jonas,” she smiled up at me and squeezed my hands tighter.

I let go of her hands and pulled her to me gently by the waist; hugging her with all my might. I spun her around a few times and she erupted in giggles. I couldn’t even describe how I was feeling in words. Happy was an understatement as was ecstatic.i put her down and held her close to me. I looked into her eyes again.

“I love you too, so very much,” I grinned like a fool. I couldn’t help myself.

Best birthday present ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
lovelovelovelove. :)
comments?