Australia

Chapter Seventy Four

Joe’s POV

I grabbed Nick’s wrist and checked the time on his watch. It was 9.30. The party had been in full swing for 2 and a half hours; after the mishap at the beginning. Sam had invited, with help from Nick and Kevin, pretty much the contents of my cell phone. There were so many Disney stars, the Jonas Brothers band, friends from home etc. she really had thought of everything. I have the best girlfriend in the world and I thought she was ending things with me. I am clearly paranoid.

We had chowed down; I consumed a steak, chips and a garden salad and about a gallon of soda. I was stuffed but satisfied. I was currently sitting at a table with Nick, Kevin and my dad. It was rare that we Jonas men danced.

I had hardly seen Sam all night. She’d been in and out of the kitchen, serving some people drinks; mainly my parents and had been dancing like crazy. I gazed over at the dance floor that had been set out. Sam was in the middle; she was surrounded by a lot of people. She was like the shiny new toy. Chelsea and Nicole were dancing beside her as was Demi and Danielle. David, Sterling and even Zac were here, dancing around with her as well. David took her by the hand and spun her into him and back out. She laughed and grabbed Demi’s hand who grabbed Danielle’s hand and they danced over to us. I glanced at my brothers who glanced at me; all looks of horror.

“Come on,” Demi grinned. “We’re dancing!”

“Come on!” Sam’s whined over the music; she pulled cute facial expression and I looked at her. No was written all over my face. “You’re the birthday boy!”

“Kevin?” Danielle smiled at my oldest brother. He immediately got up and spun his girlfriend onto the dance floor.

“Joe, if you don’t want to dance with me, dance with Demi,” Sam grinned at me.

“Please,” Demi pouted and I sighed. I stood up and grabbed Nick’s arm. He looked up at me alarmed.

“What?” I told him. “If I’m getting dragged into this, so are you.”

I heard Nick sigh in defeat and stand up.

“Let’s do this,” Nick nodded and took his jacket off; chucking it over the back of his chair. He rolled his sleeves up and offered his arm to Sam. “Ma’am?”

“Thank you kind sir,” she grinned, taking his arm. Nick led Sam to the dance floor. I watched my brother stand and sway to the music. Meanwhile Kevin did the funky chicken and some move he obviously learnt for an episode of JONAS. I shook my head and him and took Demi’s hand in mine.

“Come on,” I told her. “I’ve got a rep to protect.”

I ran up and slid on my knees onto the dance floor and pop up on to my feet quickly. Demi followed my twirling in. We danced for a few songs. Someone put on the Chicken Dance and the Macarena. We all danced our way through those as well as the Nutbush. A lot of us stopped when the Hoedown Throwdown from Miley’s movie came on. We exchanged glances.

“You guys don’t know this?” Sam turned to look at the blank look on all of our faces.

I exchanged glances with my brothers, Danielle and my friends. We all simultaneously shook our heads.

“Oh My,” she shook her head and walked away and jumped back on stage and paused the music.
Everyone turned to look at her. She straightened the flower on her dress and addressed us through one of the microphones.

“Question to everyone,” she started. “Does anyone know this at all?”

The room remained silent.

“Looks like we are in need of a dance lesson,” she smirked. “Can I have some volunteers to help me up here?”

I didn’t even get a chance to blink before Demi was grabbing my arm and dragging me to the stage. I looked at Demi and she pulled me on stage. We stood either side of Sam.

“Thank you Demetria, Joseph,” she smiled. “Now, let’s get started. I want to see people trying out there.”
She took a few steps past me and restarted the song. The beat started again and Sam spoke into the microphone.

”Boom clap
Boom de clap de clap
Boom boom clap
Boom de clap de clap
Boom boom clap
Boom de clap de clap
Boom boom clap
Boom de clap de clap”


She gestured with her hands to the audience.

"Try it with me
Here we go,

Boom boom clap
Boom de clap de clap (woah-woah)
That's right
Boom de clap de clap
Boom boom clap
Boom de clap de clap (woah-woah)"


She held up her fingers and counted to three.

"1,2,3,
Everybody come on, off your seats
I'm gonna tell you about a beat
That's gonna make you move your feet

I'll give the Bar-be-que show
And tell you how to move
If your five or eighty-two
This is something you can do (woah-woah)"


“You guys ready?” she looked at Demi who nodded and grinned excitedly. She then looked at me. I cocked an eyebrow at her. She grinned and started singing the first moves while demonstrating.

Pop it, lock it, polka dot it.
Countrify then hip-hop it.
Put your hawk in the sky,
Move side to side, jump to the left
Stick it, glide.
Zig-zag across the floor,
Shuffle in diagonal.
When the drum hits,
Hands on your hips
One foot it; 180 twist.
and then a zig-zag, step n' slide
Lean it left and clap three times.
Shake it out head to toe,
Throw it all together, That's how we roll. [i/]

Sam gestured to the audience again.

Do the hoedown (hoedown)
Do the hoedown (hoedown)
Do the hoedown (hoedown)
Throw it all together
That's how we roll


I was startled when the crowd chanted back to her. Sadly, i was able to keep up with the dancing. Sam continued; kicking of her shoes to the side of the stage.

We get to four, five, six
And your feeling busted
But it's not time to quit
Practice makes you perfect (woah-woah)


“Everybody!” Sam told the audience into the microphone.

Pop it, lock it, polka dot it.
Countrify then hip-hop it.
Put your hawk in the sky,
Move side to side, jump to the left
Stick it, glide.
Zig-zag across the floor,
Shuffle in diagonal.
When the drum hits,
Hands on your hips
One foot it; 180 twist.
and then a zig-zag, step n' slide
Lean it left and clap three times.
Shake it out head to toe,
Throw it all together, That's how we roll.


This time the crowd voluntarily echoed Sam.

Do the hoedown (throwdown)
Do the hoedown (throwdown)
Do the hoedown (throwdown)
Throw it all together
That's how we roll


Sam bopped to the music. She was smiling. Commanding a room was so exciting to her. I smiled at how much fun she was having. The crowd started clapping in unison with Sam. I looked; my mum and dad, brothers and friends were all on their feet learning a dance that Sam knew. Some looked more into in then others. Especially Kevin, Danielle, David, and Sterling. I shook my head at my friends. Traitors.

Boom de clap de clap
Boom boom clap
Come on
Here we go
Boom boom clap
Boom de clap de clap
Boom boom clap
Boom de clap


“Okay! This is the last time! You guys ready?” Sam addressed the crowd and they cheered in reply.

Pop it, lock it, polka dot it.
Countrify then hip-hop it.
Put your hawk in the sky,
Move side to side, jump to the left
Stick it, glide.
Zig-zag across the floor,
Shuffle in diagonal.
When the drum hits,
Hands on your hips
One foot it; 180 twist.
and then a zig-zag, step n' slide
Lean it left and clap three times.
Shake it out head to toe,
Throw it all together, That's how we roll.


Once again the crowd replied to Sam and she beamed at them.

Do the hoedown (throwdown)
Do the hoedown (throwdown)
Do the hoedown (throwdown)
Throw it all together
That's how we roll
Do the hoedown (throwdown)
Do the hoedown (throwdown)
Do the hoedown (throwdown)
Throw it all together
That's how we roll

Boom de clap
Ba boom boom clap clap clap
Boom dot clap
Ba boom boom clap clap clap
Boom de clap
Boom de clap de clap
Throw it all together
That's how we roll


Sam giggled as the song ended and the crowd broke into applause. She smiled into the audience. I stepped up and wrapped my arm around her waist and pressed a kiss to the side of her head.

“You’re so amazing,” I whispered directly into her ear.

She smiled up at me.

“Thanks everyone,” she returned to shy Sam and handed me the microphone. I rested it on the top of the karaoke machine before joing her off stage.

“Is there anything you can’t do Sam?” Kevin exclaimed squeezing her in a hug.

“I can’t change a tire,” she admitted and we all laughed.

Demi stepped away from karaoke machine and down off the stage. The sultry sounds of Dare You to Move by Switchfoot started to playing. I took a step back and held out my hand.

“May i have this dance, my lady?” i asked her, smiling.

“Of course you may,” she accepted and took my hand. I pulled her close to me and we swayed to the song. “You realise karaoke starts after this, don’t you?”

I looked down at Sam; she smirked up at me. Yet another way to make a fool out of myself on my birthday. I smiled down at Sam. For her, it was worth it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I liked adding the Hoesown Throwdown. It was fun dancing to it.
Comments? please. :)

Disney Celebrities mentioned here.
Demi Lovato - Sonny With A Chance
Sterling Knight - Sonny With A Chance
Nicole Anderson - JONAS
Chelsea Staub - JONAS
David Henrie - Wizards Of Waverly Place
Zac Efron